Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]  All

Author Topic: 1157 Bulb Marker Help  (Read 10284 times)

Screamin

• 5k CVO Member
  • Number 641

• CVO1: 2005 SEEG2 Cherry
    • CVO2: 2019 Road Glide Ultra
Re: 1157 Bulb Marker Help
« Reply #15 on: January 20, 2009, 08:36:30 PM »

Roger on the 1157, vs. 1156 and A vs. NA. I always use delectric grease on my bulbs and other connections.

If your not familiar w/ it you can find it at auto parts stores. Dielectric grease is a NON-conducting grease that seals out moisture and
therefore prevents corrosion on electrical connectors.

HackNDos

• Junior CVO Member
    • Weather in my neck of the woods
« Reply #16 on: January 20, 2009, 09:52:29 PM »

So I got home with resolve to look again at this bulbs to find out why exactly what I bought would not fit in properly.

So I examined a little more closely.  The offsets were at the proper setting as the old bulb.

So I try wiggling it around and seeing if I was to deep etc and passing the notch.  Nope that wasn't it.

I push a little harder to see if that helps.. Nope.

So I insepct these bulbs a little closer. It turns out the Sylvania 1157A Longlife bulbs are wider at the bayonet connection then the ones that come stock from Harley. Just enough that the glass here by the bayonet touches and puts just enough resistance against it to not allow the bulb to fully insert.

So, now the trick.. I had to REALLY push and it barely made it in and twisted with a snug fit. Ok very snug fit. Not exactly my liking. But it is in.

Now from all that I learned through this thread today, I need to now locate some Silverstar bulbs instead. Anyone have a good place to buy these?  I'd rather do in store if at all possible cause I am an "instant gratifcation" type of an american. LOL

Paul

--------

You ever stop to think.... and forget to start again?

grc

• 10K CVO Member
  • AKA Grouchy Old Fart
    • IN

• CVO1: 2005 SEEG2
« Reply #17 on: January 20, 2009, 10:01:14 PM »

Paul,

I've found Silverstar bulbs in pretty much all the major auto parts stores, including Auto Zone, Advance Auto, and Pep Boys.  Just to clarify my earlier post, the Sylvania Silverstar isn't a chrome bulb, it's more of a silver blue in appearance when not lit.  There are bulbs that look like chrome when not lit, but I haven't had any experience with those.

Jerry
Jerry - 2005 Cherry SEEG  -  Member # 1155

H-D and me  -  a classic love / hate relationship.  Current score:  love 40, hate 50, bewildered 10.

HackNDos

• Junior CVO Member
    • Weather in my neck of the woods
« Reply #18 on: January 20, 2009, 10:03:56 PM »

Thanks Jerry,

I was hoping they would be in a major chain, but i was having difficulty pulling up those bulbs on there website. 

Chrome colored, bluish tint, whatever.. long as the glow amber and last a long time.. all I care about.  Tied of the cheap ones burning out so quick.

Paul
Paul

--------

You ever stop to think.... and forget to start again?
Pages: 1 [2]  All

Page created in 0.779 seconds with 21 queries.