Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Tour Pack Speakers for SE 09 Road Glide  (Read 1985 times)

td119

• Elite CVO Member
Tour Pack Speakers for SE 09 Road Glide
« on: July 08, 2009, 05:50:04 PM »

Just picked up a SE Road Glide and looking to add a full Tour Pack with the speaker pods.  Can this be done? If so, what parts are needed? I understand their are two wiring harness needed for the speakers, have no idea on the lights. my local HD dealer is not very helpful.  Any help or suggestions is very much appreicated.  :)

Timm

Re: Tour Pack Speakers for SE 09 Road Glide
« Reply #1 on: July 13, 2009, 12:34:51 PM »

I just added the tour pak and speakers to my SERG 2009 , my dealer here in indy south side HD ordered the tour pak and speakers and installed so yes it can be done,

RickC

• When I was 42, I was the answer life, the universe and everything. Now, I'm all that *and* a side of fries!
  • 1K CVO Member

• CVO1: 2010 FLHR Vivid Black
    • CVO2: 2009 FLTRSE3 Stardust Silver / Titanium Dust **TRADED**
    • CVO3: 2010 FXDF Vivd Black **TRADED** | 2007 FLTR Vivid Black / Red (a/k/a "Red Nipples") **TRADED** | 2005 FLTRI Black Pearl / Grey (a/k/a "The Black Pearl") **TRADED**
    • Rick Rocks On!
« Reply #2 on: July 13, 2009, 01:17:15 PM »

td,

Get your hands on a 2009 Touring Parts manual. Your dealer can order you one for about $50 if you can't find someone near you who has one. This will include all the parts for the FLHTCU tour-pak including wiring harnesses, speaker boxes, cables, etc., with part numbers.

Then, if your dealer isn't helpful, order from Chicago H-D or Zanotti's online and save 20% on your parts.

Just my $0.02 worth...

RickC

Screamin

• 5k CVO Member
  • Number 641

• CVO1: 2005 SEEG2 Cherry
    • CVO2: 2019 Road Glide Ultra
« Reply #3 on: July 13, 2009, 03:40:09 PM »

Are you going to add the T. P. permanent or detachable? Going to need plenty of connectors if detachable.

LarryB

• Tennessee Squire
  • 2.5K CVO Member

• CVO1: 09 FLTRSE3 The Grey Ghost
« Reply #4 on: July 13, 2009, 03:52:41 PM »

on the left side, under the side cover, is the plug in for the lights, just need to run the TP wire to it, also, the antenna wire is right there too, plenty of extra on it to run to the tourpak. the speakers are a little different. if you are going to do a speaker upgrade in the front, like HOGTunes, there is a harness that comes with it to run rear speakers. you'll want to do the speaker upgrade w/ amp.
if interested in more info let me know
Take it Easy Greasy Cuz it's a long walk home.

Did I shave my head for this?

FNGw/08SERK

• 2.5K CVO Member

• CVO1: 09 SERG
« Reply #5 on: July 13, 2009, 08:07:46 PM »

I've used these speaker pods http://www.dragonflycycleconcepts.com/speaker_pods.htm as they allow for a 6.5 inch speaker ( I went with Polk Audio speakers). Harley speaker pods I think only allow 5.25in speakers.

Howie

td119

• Elite CVO Member
« Reply #6 on: July 14, 2009, 02:19:51 PM »

Thanks everyone for the information and suggestions.  Will order the Touring parts book along with a SE service manual. 

Page created in 0.775 seconds with 21 queries.