Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: AM/FM/WB/CB Antenna  (Read 1216 times)

Fireguy

• 1K CVO Member
    • CA

• CVO1: 2009 CVO Road glide. Traded
    • CVO2: 2014 CVO Limited Sold
AM/FM/WB/CB Antenna
« on: July 12, 2010, 07:00:34 PM »

I know this would be brought up in the electronic topic but for the guys putting a CB on there bikes I thought this might be read more and get more info from the guys that would use it. My in fairing antenna is crap. I may get 100 yards of coverage. I called sierra electronics and they have a all in 1 antenna. It replaces my am/fm/wb antenna and replaced with a new one. Then a spliter is added under the fairing for both the radio and cb. Has anyone tried this? Antenna part # sie-harley-antkt24. Spliter # sie-t2-68hd06     

Fired00d

• Global Moderator
  • 25K CVO Member
  • Orange & Black SEEG... Can it get any better?
    • VA

• CVO1: FLHTCSE
Re: AM/FM/WB/CB Antenna
« Reply #1 on: July 12, 2010, 08:30:43 PM »

I know this would be brought up in the electronic topic but for the guys putting a CB on there bikes I thought this might be read more and get more info from the guys that would use it. My in fairing antenna is crap. I may get 100 yards of coverage. I called sierra electronics and they have a all in 1 antenna. It replaces my am/fm/wb antenna and replaced with a new one. Then a spliter is added under the fairing for both the radio and cb. Has anyone tried this? Antenna part # sie-harley-antkt24. Spliter # sie-t2-68hd06     
Probably less putting CB's in there (SERG) bikes then there are of members that have AM/FM/WB radios (all fairing/touring model bikes) so you are likely to get more feedback in this board.

:pumpkin:
Ride Safe,
Fired00d
 :fireman:
:pumpkin: 2004 Screamin’ Eagle Electra Glide :pumpkin:
Rinehart True Duals
SE Breather
SE Race Tuner
HogTunes Speakers
Zippers 575 Gear Drive Cams
Zippers Pro-Tapered Adjustable Push Rods
Zippers Oil Pressure Bypass Shim
Feuling Oil Pump
Feuling Lifters
Zumo 550 W/Flame Caps
Lyndall Z+ Brake Pads
CVOHarley Member #1234
PGR Member #754 (Since '05)
Proud Member EBCM #2.0

Fireguy

• 1K CVO Member
    • CA

• CVO1: 2009 CVO Road glide. Traded
    • CVO2: 2014 CVO Limited Sold
Re: AM/FM/WB/CB Antenna
« Reply #2 on: July 30, 2010, 02:06:13 PM »

Just installed the new antenna and splitter.  :2vrolijk_21: I was in my garage and my buddy about a mile away and I could hear him. Alot better than the hidden antenna. Looking forward to getting on the open road and testing the range at that time.  

Page created in 0.133 seconds with 21 queries.