Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Tour Pack Spoiler Led Lighting  (Read 660 times)

ColorMeOrange

Tour Pack Spoiler Led Lighting
« on: May 06, 2011, 09:42:56 PM »

Installed new spoiler with lighting,all connections proper,all volt readings correct.Anyone here of bad light right out of the box,or is my luck on the slide going back to dealer in the morning. Gone thur polarity &volt checks again all ok,color coded wires going to proper solder points in light looking thru lense ,has to be bad light out of box.
« Last Edit: May 06, 2011, 11:35:33 PM by ColorMeOrange »

Dan_Lockwood

• 1K CVO Member
Re: Tour Pack Spoiler Led Lighting
« Reply #1 on: May 06, 2011, 10:00:30 PM »

Installed new spoiler with lighting,all connections proper,all volt readings correct.Anyone here of bad light right out of the box,or is my luck on the slide going back to dealer in the morning.

I installed the LED spoiler on my '09 SERG and used the connector under the seat. With LED light you have to have the polarity correct or nothing works, unlike a standard bulb setup.

It took me a little time with my test light to get it all correct. It seems unlikely that both the taillight circuit and the brake light circuit would be bad.

I would take a 12v drill battery with a couple jumper wires and trouble shoot the light without the bike wiring.

I use the taillight all the time with the brake light hooked through my Backoff Modulating module. I left the stock rear lighting alone so when I have the tourpak off, I have no modulating brake light.

Again I would double check the polarity off the bike and then with the test light confirm that the bike socket is giving the correct power for you.

Good luck.
Dan

2009 SERG Orange / Black
Board Track Racer Project, Ultima 113"/6spd
2021 Coleman UT400 Side By Side

Page created in 0.129 seconds with 21 queries.