Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [All]

Author Topic: Very impressed with my new Ride Time Technology brakelights  (Read 8087 times)

mightywarlock

• Junior CVO Member
Very impressed with my new Ride Time Technology brakelights
« on: September 05, 2013, 03:39:06 AM »

So the 2013 cvo ultra comes from the factory wired ridiculously as far as brake lights and blinkers go.
Big ol tourpak and only functional brake light lights up, no blinkers up high, only below a cars line of sight towards the bottom of the fender.

Well i wanted the side LEDs to light up and act as blinkers, and also have my tourpak lights work as Running lights, Brake lights, and blinkers.

Then i also added a run turn brake kuryakyn module i had left over from a previous bike, that flashes the running blinker lights 3 times when you tough the brakes.

So i ordered the TurnSE+, and the FlashR2, per the guy who runs Ride Time.

$150 later, i received my modules and instructions.
Totally daunting to first look at, and required changing pin configuration on one plug.

But he was able to work through explaining exactly what I had to do over the phone while I was there attempting it, and i eventually got it all figured out (there was some confusion, as my bike was wired differently than his instructions called for).  

But i finished it up tonight and gotta say, it looks cool seeing everything light up, as it should have come this way direct from Harley!

(Interesting to note, the Kuryakyn module only affects the regular fender brake/blinker lights, and the Tourpak lights do not flash 3 times.)
« Last Edit: September 05, 2013, 03:40:44 AM by mightywarlock »

Jswerve

• 2.5K CVO Member

• CVO1: 2012 FLHXSE3
Re: Very impressed with my new Ride Time Technology brakelights
« Reply #1 on: September 05, 2013, 06:42:36 AM »

So the 2013 cvo ultra comes from the factory wired ridiculously as far as brake lights and blinkers go.
Big ol tourpak and only functional brake light lights up, no blinkers up high, only below a cars line of sight towards the bottom of the fender.

Well i wanted the side LEDs to light up and act as blinkers, and also have my tourpak lights work as Running lights, Brake lights, and blinkers.

Then i also added a run turn brake kuryakyn module i had left over from a previous bike, that flashes the running blinker lights 3 times when you tough the brakes.

So i ordered the TurnSE+, and the FlashR2, per the guy who runs Ride Time.

$150 later, i received my modules and instructions.
Totally daunting to first look at, and required changing pin configuration on one plug.

But he was able to work through explaining exactly what I had to do over the phone while I was there attempting it, and i eventually got it all figured out (there was some confusion, as my bike was wired differently than his instructions called for).  

But i finished it up tonight and gotta say, it looks cool seeing everything light up, as it should have come this way direct from Harley!

(Interesting to note, the Kuryakyn module only affects the regular fender brake/blinker lights, and the Tourpak lights do not flash 3 times.)

I didn't care for the factory configuration. I think what you did is awesome. I am sure other members will be doing the same and hitting you up for help.

2012 FLHXSE3 Ruby Red/Typhoon Maroon
|Color Matched Detachable Tour Pak | Fuelmoto PV | Dragos 580 cams | Dragula 2-1/Ghost Pipe | Cyclesmith 13's | Sachs heads | Yaffe Stealth III License Plate Frame| Long Angled High

tlr

• Elite CVO Member
    • FL

• CVO1: 2022 SERG
    • CVO2: 2019 SERG, 2015 SESG, 2012 SESG
    • CVO3: 2009 SERG
« Reply #2 on: September 05, 2013, 07:22:13 AM »

very nice and smart too.  would love to see some pics of the install and/or how the lights look when you hit the brakes.  IN either case, job well done.

Ted

Harley88

• Harley 88
  • Senior CVO Member
    • NV

• CVO1: 07 blue
    • CVO2: 13 sliver
« Reply #3 on: September 05, 2013, 01:32:10 PM »

yes I want it on my bike thanks for sharing can you tell me were to get the parts

mightywarlock

• Junior CVO Member

brosen101

• Full CVO Member

• CVO1: 2013 CUSE8
« Reply #5 on: September 05, 2013, 02:57:49 PM »

Just added this to my growing list.  Thanks, I think...

Harley88

• Harley 88
  • Senior CVO Member
    • NV

• CVO1: 07 blue
    • CVO2: 13 sliver
« Reply #6 on: September 06, 2013, 11:39:36 AM »

thanks you

Sprintkid

• Full CVO Member

• CVO1: 2011 CVO Road Glide Ultra
« Reply #7 on: September 06, 2013, 11:46:26 AM »

Just ordered and received my kit. It will be this weekends project. I am looking forward to adding this level of protection and lighting.

mightywarlock

• Junior CVO Member
« Reply #8 on: September 06, 2013, 11:17:01 PM »

If your purple and black are in pairs, keep them together purple on top, black on bottom, and hope you got the left and right correct the first time!
Mine were not criss crossed like his instructions said...

OBB

• 5k CVO Member
  • aka Ohiobellboy
    • OH

• CVO1: 2011 Slate/Black SERGU** traded
    • CVO2: 2015 Double Blue SERGU
    • CVO3: 2012 SERG Blue
« Reply #9 on: September 07, 2013, 08:57:35 AM »

I can't find any videos of either of those modules showing their functions. Buddy has the one with the turn signal only functions on his and I like it. I'm curious of the one called the SE+ which also adds the brake function to the outside signal lights. Does anyone know if the TS lights still work with the brake applied.
PHOTOBUCKET IS HOLDING MY PIX HOSTAGE!!!

Para Bellum

• Si vis pacem, para bellum.
  • 1K CVO Member

• CVO1: '07 Canyon Copper FXSTSSE, '08 Crystal Copper SEUC
    • CVO2: '11 Slate/Blk SERGU, '18 Twisted Cherry RGU
« Reply #10 on: September 09, 2013, 12:58:53 AM »

Count me as another satisfied Ride Time Technology customer. I got the SE Ultra TP Turn Signal Module (not the + model--just wanted the corner TP lights to work as cage-eye-level turn signals, since the center TP light already is a brake light).  Works great, and the TP corner lights come on with the 4-way flashers.  BSR and kids were behind me in cage and said it really lights up the bike.
If you want peace, prepare for war.

TinSpinner

• Elite CVO Member

• CVO1: FLHTCUSE2
    • CVO2: FLHTCUSE8
« Reply #11 on: September 09, 2013, 09:11:56 AM »

If your purple and black are in pairs, keep them together purple on top, black on bottom, and hope you got the left and right correct the first time!
Mine were not criss crossed like his instructions said...

I installed the exact same components on my '13 SEUC. The wires were not crossed on mine either. After first attempt with the right blinker on the left side of the tour pack flashed and vice versa. Switched the pins and voila! Great addition, really lights up the back of the bike. I was told by the tech guy at the local dealership the '14 CVO's come with this functionality.

JoeVibe

• 1K CVO Member
    • TN

• CVO1: 2022 CVO Road Glide Limited
    • CVO2: 2014 Titanium/Black FLHRSE6
« Reply #12 on: September 10, 2013, 10:58:53 PM »

I can't find any videos of either of those modules showing their functions. Buddy has the one with the turn signal only functions on his and I like it. I'm curious of the one called the SE+ which also adds the brake function to the outside signal lights. Does anyone know if the TS lights still work with the brake applied.

I just posted a video on you tube showing the lights working with the SE+ module. This was my first attempt at video so hopefully it works. I did left turn signal, then with brake lights; right signal, then with brake; and flashers, then with brakes. Hope this is what you were looking for.

The R2 module makes the side tourpack lights flash with the turn signals.

OBB

• 5k CVO Member
  • aka Ohiobellboy
    • OH

• CVO1: 2011 Slate/Black SERGU** traded
    • CVO2: 2015 Double Blue SERGU
    • CVO3: 2012 SERG Blue
« Reply #13 on: September 11, 2013, 05:41:26 AM »

I just posted a video on you tube showing the lights working with the SE+ module. This was my first attempt at video so hopefully it works. I did left turn signal, then with brake lights; right signal, then with brake; and flashers, then with brakes. Hope this is what you were looking for.

exactly what I was looking for.  :2vrolijk_21:
PHOTOBUCKET IS HOLDING MY PIX HOSTAGE!!!

mightywarlock

• Junior CVO Member
« Reply #14 on: September 15, 2013, 06:16:17 AM »

Looks like you still need to add the Airwing brake light in there.

Do it! More red lights to light up the rear!

JoeVibe

• 1K CVO Member
    • TN

• CVO1: 2022 CVO Road Glide Limited
    • CVO2: 2014 Titanium/Black FLHRSE6
« Reply #15 on: September 15, 2013, 02:42:29 PM »

Looks like you still need to add the Airwing brake light in there.

Do it! More red lights to light up the rear!

I've actually been thinking about it since I made the video. Can't have too many lights back there.

Dana Lee

• 2016 RG Ultra CVO
« Reply #16 on: February 15, 2014, 11:38:24 PM »

Does any one know if Ride Time Technology is still in business? I cannot seem to order any thing from their web page and get an automated answering machine when I call their number. I sent an email out to them and waiting on a reply. Does anyone have any information on these guys?

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
  • EBCM #1.5 Emeritus DSP # ? Critter Gawker #?
    • MO

• CVO1: 2000 Triple Red Screamin' Eagle Road Glide
    • CVO2: 2002 Candy Brandywine Screamin' Eagle Road King
    • CVO3: 1999 Arresting Red FXR2
« Reply #17 on: February 16, 2014, 12:15:28 AM »

Does any one know if Ride Time Technology is still in business? I cannot seem to order any thing from their web page and get an automated answering machine when I call their number. I sent an email out to them and waiting on a reply. Does anyone have any information on these guys?

As was answered on your other post, it seems they've closed.  You can check their website as was linked in response to your other post.  Here's their current screen though....

Para Bellum

• Si vis pacem, para bellum.
  • 1K CVO Member

• CVO1: '07 Canyon Copper FXSTSSE, '08 Crystal Copper SEUC
    • CVO2: '11 Slate/Blk SERGU, '18 Twisted Cherry RGU
« Reply #18 on: February 16, 2014, 02:04:02 AM »

Sorry to see RTT go.  Their products have always worked very well for me, and did what they claimed.
If you want peace, prepare for war.

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
  • EBCM #1.5 Emeritus DSP # ? Critter Gawker #?
    • MO

• CVO1: 2000 Triple Red Screamin' Eagle Road Glide
    • CVO2: 2002 Candy Brandywine Screamin' Eagle Road King
    • CVO3: 1999 Arresting Red FXR2
« Reply #19 on: February 16, 2014, 07:52:59 AM »

Sorry to see RTT go.  Their products have always worked very well for me, and did what they claimed.

They always stood behind their stuff too.  Had a few segment failures on their pancake style LED bulbs and they always swapped them out no questions asked.
Pages: 1 2 [All]

Page created in 0.177 seconds with 22 queries.