Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2  All

Author Topic: Looking for opinions on GoPro's  (Read 11271 times)

Tannehill Kid

• 1K CVO Member

• CVO1: 2012 Street Glide
Looking for opinions on GoPro's
« on: December 30, 2013, 10:17:47 PM »

Looking for any suggestions or opinions on GoPro or similar product.  Thoughts on the best mounts and best places to mount them.  I'm riding 12 SESG.  I saw a lot of people with cameras in Sturgis this past year.

Thanks for any input.

Big Dog

• Senior CVO Member

• CVO1: 2009 FLTRSE3
Re: Looking for opinions on GoPro's
« Reply #1 on: December 30, 2013, 10:27:20 PM »

I've seen and like this set up.
http://buyreplayxd.com/
Randy D
Kristie D, Angel on my shoulders, October 10, 1973-April 16, 2009

xbigallenx

• A day with out riding is like a day with out Air.
  • Junior CVO Member
  • The day I brought it home.
« Reply #2 on: December 31, 2013, 10:47:05 AM »

I have the GO Pro 2 and love it. The GO Pro 3 is even better. I bought a holder off Amozon that I clamp to my mirror. Rode the Blue Ridge  Parkway with it.
The only issue I notice was I would get some of the farren in the picture. I now have taller handle bars and haven't use it yet. I also have gotten the wireless
remote to go with it. This was a great add on. I mounted it to the handle bar so I could reach it with my thumb.  It made great video and pictures. It's also water proof so I scuba dive with it too. Its a great all around camera.
Keep it between the ditches and the shiny side up.

Akicita

• Full CVO Member
    • SD

• CVO1: 2013 FLHTCUSE
« Reply #3 on: December 31, 2013, 11:04:06 AM »

Got a Hero 2 and a Hero 3.  Great cameras, once you get them tweaked.  Their software, however, leaves a LOT to be desired.
Na sloigh as feart san gcruinne A muirn a mire a bhfighnamh; Ni comhnairt bheith ' na bhfeagmhais: Ni h-eibhneas gan Chlainn Domhnall

dahsen

• Elite CVO Member
    • QC

• CVO1: 2014 CVO Breakout Sedona Sand
« Reply #4 on: December 31, 2013, 11:14:12 AM »

Got the hero3 black edition.  Works real great but if attached to a Harley, there's too much vibration.  After trying lots of possibilities, I realized that the helmet gave the best results (but... You have to wear one). Strapping the remote to the bar give you full control on the camera...  Works really well !!

:2vrolijk_21:

(Software sucks though.  Got to get something else)

dah

Akicita

• Full CVO Member
    • SD

• CVO1: 2013 FLHTCUSE
« Reply #5 on: December 31, 2013, 08:22:07 PM »

I hate to say this, but Microsoft puts out better software than GoPro.  Maybe they should get into the camera market.
Na sloigh as feart san gcruinne A muirn a mire a bhfighnamh; Ni comhnairt bheith ' na bhfeagmhais: Ni h-eibhneas gan Chlainn Domhnall

brassspike

• Elite CVO Member
    • NC

« Reply #6 on: December 31, 2013, 09:02:32 PM »

Hero 3. Used it on a trip to Jackson and Yellowstone. It worked well attached to the crash bar and helmet. Not so well on the tour pack. Suction cup on the fairing did well too. Took some time to get the settings right. Buy extra batteries! I will say the blue tooth remote TOTALLY SUCKED! It hardly ever worked and was always dead in just a few minutes. Perhaps it was due to our BT headsets causing it problems? I will say that it takes very good video.
RETIRED! :fireman:

stevehd

• Full CVO Member
« Reply #7 on: December 31, 2013, 09:51:19 PM »

I have a GoPro 2 with the wireless back.  I have used both a helmet mount and this mount http://www.ebay.com/itm/GoPro-Camera-Mount-fits-Harley-and-other-Motorcycles-/221219268656 which I have mentioned on the right fork leg.  The fork leg mount picks up a lot of vibration.  I used Sony Movie Studio to edit the video that I made.
2012 Ruby Red and Typhoon Maroon FLHXSE-3
2014 Black Fxsb
2006 Big Dog Mastiff
1992 Yamaha FL-1200

Tannehill Kid

• 1K CVO Member

• CVO1: 2012 Street Glide
« Reply #8 on: January 06, 2014, 10:52:21 PM »

Thanks for the input. Going to get one but kept the suggestions coming.

dahsen

• Elite CVO Member
    • QC

• CVO1: 2014 CVO Breakout Sedona Sand
« Reply #9 on: January 06, 2014, 11:11:06 PM »

Would go for the hero3+ just for the battery life increased. These things kill batteries in no time...

Or wait till October for the Hero4!   :pepper:   ;D

dah

tweeter13

• 1K CVO Member
    • OH

• CVO1: FLHTCUSE6
« Reply #10 on: January 07, 2014, 08:07:36 PM »

I don't seem to mind the software how ever I use a different one for editing videos.  I have the go pro hero 3 black with a extended battery.  If you blue tooth through your smart phone you can see what you are taking a picture of there is a delay though but you will be able to see what your taking a picture of.   

If you watch some you tube videos of the different cameras people compare.  Some I think are sale adds and some are legit.  But there are videos to help use their software and use the different settings of the camera.   I mount mine with a roll bar mount.  Have mounted to the saddle bag bar hanging out over the road beside the bike and to front crash bar.

They dismount easy as well with the mount you can mount it to one of your friends bike while he follows you so you can see yourself riding.

If you have some questions feel free to send me a message.
18 Monsterbrite led lights
Fullsac DX head pipe
Fullsac 2.25 baffles
TTS master-tune
George Anderson tourpac relocator

BigLew

• 2.5K CVO Member
« Reply #11 on: January 09, 2014, 09:59:20 AM »

have the black Hero 3 and it works very well, some software issues. But the remote is nice to have and extra batteries and chargers so you can charge while you are riding. I've got about every mount you can buy and I like the big suction cup and stick to the side of the shark nose is a good view. Or on the windscreen. I took a couple of hours of video last year in the Rockies with a full coverage mount and its a good view as you can capture views off the straight ahead look by moving your head plus pick up sounds from the bikes radio.

Biglew

mpowered

« Reply #12 on: January 09, 2014, 10:07:34 AM »

I have the GoPro Hero 3+ Black Edition I got for Christmas. Just starting to play with it. I made 2 vids, one with a clamp attached to the crash bar and the other on the helmet. The helmet is definitely better for complete field of vision.

tjablons

• Junior CVO Member

• CVO1: 2012 FLTRXSE Maple
« Reply #13 on: January 09, 2014, 05:12:05 PM »

BigLew - the suction cup mount works well?  I'm about to order a Hero 3+ Black, and I'm a little nervous about using a suction cup with a $400 camera.

brassspike

• Elite CVO Member
    • NC

« Reply #14 on: January 09, 2014, 08:33:57 PM »

BigLew - the suction cup mount works well?  I'm about to order a Hero 3+ Black, and I'm a little nervous about using a suction cup with a $400 camera.
Lew, that suction cup is for real! IMHO the most substantial of the mounts. It's not going anywhere.
RETIRED! :fireman:
Pages: [1] 2  All

Page created in 0.19 seconds with 24 queries.