Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Heads Up on the Super Slab  (Read 1826 times)

VAZHOG

• 1K CVO Member
Heads Up on the Super Slab
« on: February 23, 2007, 05:40:33 PM »

You will need to be extra alert on the interstates this year. Not only because of the drivers but the mexican rigs will not be in best shape either. I post this is a Safety warning - What will be will be.

Mexican truckers to get full U.S. access
By Sean Lengell
THE WASHINGTON TIMES
February 23, 2007

4:29 p.m.
    Mexican truckers soon will have full access to U.S. highways under a new agreement between the United States and Mexico.
    Mexican registered trucks currently are allowed to make deliveries in the U.S. only within special commercial zones along the U.S.-Mexican border that extend up to 70 miles into U.S. territory.
    Yesterday, however, the first Mexican trucks were inspected by U.S. safety officials under a Bush administration pilot program that will allow up to 100 Mexican trucking companies to operate beyond the commercial zones.
    For the time being, the rigs won't be allowed past the commercial zones. However, Transportation Department officials say that the "on-site safety audits" are among the last obstacles to allowing full access to U.S. roads and that the trucks could receive final clearance within the next two months.
    "The United States has never shied away from opportunities to compete, to open new markets and to trade with the world," Transportation Secretary Mary E. Peters said today. "Now that safety and security programs are in place, the time has come for us to move forward on this long-standing promise with Mexico."
    Access to all U.S. highways was promised by 2000 under the 1993 North American Free Trade Agreement, as was access through Mexico for U.S. carriers.
    That aspect of NAFTA was stalled by lawsuits and disagreements between the two countries, although Canadian and U.S. trucks travel freely across the northern border.
    The pilot program was designed to simplify a process that currently requires Mexican truckers to stop and wait for U.S. trucks to arrive and transfer cargo. The process wastes money, drives up the cost of goods, and leaves trucks loaded with cargo idling inside U.S. borders, Mrs. Peters said.
    The secretary added that under current rules, U.S. trucks are not allowed into Mexico because the U.S. has refused to implement NAFTA provisions that would have permitted safe cross-border trucking.
    Mexican trucks and their drivers must meet a set of safety criteria before being allowed entry into the U.S., the Transportation Department said.
    The American Trucking Associations has praised the administration for gaining access to Mexican roads for U.S. trucking companies.
    "Such regulation of Mexican carriers operating in the United States will ensure a level playing field in cross-border operations," said Clayton Boyce, a spokesman with the trade group.
    However, the Teamsters union opposes the program.
    "President Bush is willing to risk our national security by giving unfettered access to America's transportation infrastructure to foreign companies and their government sponsors," Teamsters President James P. Hoffa said. The Bush administration "is playing of game of Russian roulette on America's highways

TCinVA

• Elite CVO Member
  • FINALLY!

• CVO1: 2007 B&O FLHTCUSE2
Re: Heads Up on the Super Slab
« Reply #1 on: February 23, 2007, 06:08:17 PM »

Marvelous... :(
TC

skippy

• 1K CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG
« Reply #2 on: February 23, 2007, 10:10:10 PM »

Close the frigging boarder

Hoist!

• Monster
  • 10K CVO Member
  • This chit ain't ROCKET SCIENCE!!!!

• CVO1: '07C FLHRSE3, BLACK ICE OF COURSE, CUSTOM 110" TC 6-SPEED +++, "CYBIL"!!!
    • CVO2: '99 FXR3 BRIGHT & DARK CANDY BLUE W/FLAMES, STAGE II 80" EVO 5-SPEED +++, "JOY"!!!
    • CVO3: 4: & 5: '85 FXWG BLACK w/CUSTOM FLAMES, 110" EVO 6-SPEED +++ CVO style!!!; '08 NSMC PROSG CUSTOM FXR BASED PRO STREET BLACK, 89" EVO 5-SPEED, VERY FAST!!!; '09 NSMC HSTBBR CUSTOM RIGID HOISTBOBBER, SILVER METALFLAKE BATES SOLO SEAT & TIN w/BLACK WISHBONE FRAME, 80" EVO (w/Shovelhead bottom end) 4-SPEED! VERY COOL!!!
« Reply #3 on: February 23, 2007, 10:14:33 PM »

These friggin' politicians got their heads up their a$$es! It kinda makes you sick, doesn't it? NYC's gonna be even more fun soon! :nixweiss: Hoist! 8)
"We wanna be free to ride our machines without being hassled by The Man!"

Traxxion Dynamics Suspension Rules! "It ain't braggin' if you can back it up!"

"Cause I'm sitting on top of the world!" (zoom in on satellite map in my Profile)

skippy

• 1K CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG
« Reply #4 on: February 23, 2007, 10:42:25 PM »

Charlotte is home of little mexico :jalapeno: :jalapeno: :jalapeno: :jalapeno: :jalapeno:

Fired00d

• Global Moderator
  • 25K CVO Member
  • Orange & Black SEEG... Can it get any better?
    • VA

• CVO1: FLHTCSE
« Reply #5 on: February 23, 2007, 10:47:57 PM »

I wonder how many more illegals you can get in a tractor trailer versus a van? :-\ :nixweiss: >:(

:pumpkin:
Ride Safe,
Fired00d
 :fireman:
:pumpkin: 2004 Screamin’ Eagle Electra Glide :pumpkin:
Rinehart True Duals
SE Breather
SE Race Tuner
HogTunes Speakers
Zippers 575 Gear Drive Cams
Zippers Pro-Tapered Adjustable Push Rods
Zippers Oil Pressure Bypass Shim
Feuling Oil Pump
Feuling Lifters
Zumo 550 W/Flame Caps
Lyndall Z+ Brake Pads
CVOHarley Member #1234
PGR Member #754 (Since '05)
Proud Member EBCM #2.0

SPIDERMAN

« Reply #6 on: February 23, 2007, 11:14:40 PM »

Anyone living in SoCal will tell you this is a recepe for disaster since we're already seeing it under the current rules. You can spot these trucks a mile away. They look like chit, they smell like chit and they are freakin dangerous. They are the refuse of American Truckers. Instead of being cannabalized for parts or crushed, they are shipped across the border and sold to Mexican Trucking Companies who don't have a DOT to deal with. At the risk of being tagged a left coast liberal and all, I advise reading up on Lew Dobbs. He seems to be the only one out there speaking for the American working man and woman.  :soapbox:

B B

Gettinold

• 5k CVO Member
  • SOMEWHERE NORTH OF HEAVEN WHERE EAGLES DONT FLY
« Reply #7 on: February 24, 2007, 07:08:07 PM »

These friggin' politicians got their heads up their a$$es! It kinda makes you sick, doesn't it? NYC's gonna be even more fun soon! :nixweiss: Hoist! 8)

HOIST YOU WONT HAVE TO WORRY ABOUT THE MEXICANS AS MUCH AS YOU DO THE RATS DO YOU :nixweiss:
09 FLTRSE3   ORG & BLK
06 VRSCSE2    ORG & BLK
04 FLHTCSE   ORG & BLK    SOLD
94 FXSTS      CUSTOM

Hoist!

• Monster
  • 10K CVO Member

• CVO1: '07C FLHRSE3, BLACK ICE OF COURSE, CUSTOM 110" TC 6-SPEED +++, "CYBIL"!!!
    • CVO2: '99 FXR3 BRIGHT & DARK CANDY BLUE W/FLAMES, STAGE II 80" EVO 5-SPEED +++, "JOY"!!!
    • CVO3: 4: & 5: '85 FXWG BLACK w/CUSTOM FLAMES, 110" EVO 6-SPEED +++ CVO style!!!; '08 NSMC PROSG CUSTOM FXR BASED PRO STREET BLACK, 89" EVO 5-SPEED, VERY FAST!!!; '09 NSMC HSTBBR CUSTOM RIGID HOISTBOBBER, SILVER METALFLAKE BATES SOLO SEAT & TIN w/BLACK WISHBONE FRAME, 80" EVO (w/Shovelhead bottom end) 4-SPEED! VERY COOL!!!
« Reply #8 on: February 24, 2007, 07:14:43 PM »

HOIST YOU WONT HAVE TO WORRY ABOUT THE MEXICANS AS MUCH AS YOU DO THE RATS DO YOU :nixweiss:

Them rats pretty much stick to the subways (except for those unscrupulous slumlord buildings) and are underground for the most part. These Mexican trucks are gonna be above gruond and on our roads. And since the rats are pretty much under control these days, I think I'd rather keep the rats! ;) Hoist! 8)

"Cause I'm sitting on top of the world!" (zoom in on satellite map in my Profile)

Gettinold

• 5k CVO Member
« Reply #9 on: February 24, 2007, 07:23:19 PM »

Them rats pretty much stick to the subways (except for those unscrupulous slumlord buildings) and are underground for the most part. These Mexican trucks are gonna be above gruond and on our roads. And since the rats are pretty much under control these days, I think I'd rather keep the rats! ;) Hoist! 8)
http://news.aol.com/topnews/articles/_a/rats-run-wild-at-new-york-kfctaco-bell/20070223145709990001?ncid=NWS00010000000001

ARE YOU SURE ABOUT THAT :nixweiss:
09 FLTRSE3   ORG & BLK
06 VRSCSE2    ORG & BLK
94 FXSTS      CUSTOM

Gettinold

• 5k CVO Member
« Reply #10 on: February 24, 2007, 07:29:48 PM »

You will need to be extra alert on the interstates this year. Not only because of the drivers but the mexican rigs will not be in best shape either. I post this is a Safety warning - What will be will be.

Mexican truckers to get full U.S. access
By Sean Lengell
THE WASHINGTON TIMES
February 23, 2007

4:29 p.m.
    Mexican truckers soon will have full access to U.S. highways under a new agreement between the United States and Mexico.
    Mexican registered trucks currently are allowed to make deliveries in the U.S. only within special commercial zones along the U.S.-Mexican border that extend up to 70 miles into U.S. territory.
    Yesterday, however, the first Mexican trucks were inspected by U.S. safety officials under a Bush administration pilot program that will allow up to 100 Mexican trucking companies to operate beyond the commercial zones.
    For the time being, the rigs won't be allowed past the commercial zones. However, Transportation Department officials say that the "on-site safety audits" are among the last obstacles to allowing full access to U.S. roads and that the trucks could receive final clearance within the next two months.
    "The United States has never shied away from opportunities to compete, to open new markets and to trade with the world," Transportation Secretary Mary E. Peters said today. "Now that safety and security programs are in place, the time has come for us to move forward on this long-standing promise with Mexico."
    Access to all U.S. highways was promised by 2000 under the 1993 North American Free Trade Agreement, as was access through Mexico for U.S. carriers.
    That aspect of NAFTA was stalled by lawsuits and disagreements between the two countries, although Canadian and U.S. trucks travel freely across the northern border.
    The pilot program was designed to simplify a process that currently requires Mexican truckers to stop and wait for U.S. trucks to arrive and transfer cargo. The process wastes money, drives up the cost of goods, and leaves trucks loaded with cargo idling inside U.S. borders, Mrs. Peters said.
    The secretary added that under current rules, U.S. trucks are not allowed into Mexico because the U.S. has refused to implement NAFTA provisions that would have permitted safe cross-border trucking.
    Mexican trucks and their drivers must meet a set of safety criteria before being allowed entry into the U.S., the Transportation Department said.
 Ame   The rican Trucking Associations has praised the administration for gaining access to Mexican roads for U.S. trucking companies.
    "Such regulation of Mexican carriers operating in the United States will ensure a level playing field in cross-border operations," said Clayton Boyce, a spokesman with the trade group.
    However, the Teamsters union opposes the program.
    "President Bush is willing to risk our national security by giving unfettered access to America's transportation infrastructure to foreign companies and their government sponsors," Teamsters President James P. Hoffa said. The Bush administration "is playing of game of Russian roulette on America's highways

SI SENIOR, I REPAIR MODIFY YOUR TRUCK FOR RIDE TO AMERICA :sombrero: GOOD GREIF BUSH GET THE HELL OUT HERE. :furious3:
09 FLTRSE3   ORG & BLK
06 VRSCSE2    ORG & BLK
94 FXSTS      CUSTOM

Hoist!

• Monster
  • 10K CVO Member

« Reply #11 on: February 24, 2007, 07:34:12 PM »

http://news.aol.com/topnews/articles/_a/rats-run-wild-at-new-york-kfctaco-bell/20070223145709990001?ncid=NWS00010000000001

ARE YOU SURE ABOUT THAT :nixweiss:

Typical Village slumlord building and fast food greedy owners. Hey I'm not saying there's no rats here. We're famous for that! ::)  I'm just saying I'd rather have them than those Mexican trucks on the road! ;) Hoist! 8)

Gettinold

• 5k CVO Member
« Reply #12 on: February 24, 2007, 07:38:13 PM »

Typical Village slumlord building and fast food greedy owners. Hey I'm not saying there's no rats here. We're famous for that! ::)  I'm just saying I'd rather have them than those Mexican trucks on the road! ;) Hoist! 8)

IM WITH YOU ON THAT, BUT WE STAND A BETTER CHANCE OF CLEANING UP THE RATS THAN WE DO BUSH. :help:
09 FLTRSE3   ORG & BLK
06 VRSCSE2    ORG & BLK
94 FXSTS      CUSTOM

Page created in 0.173 seconds with 20 queries.