Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 33

Author Topic: HD Dealerships That Have Closed or Are Closing  (Read 170893 times)

DCFIREMANN

• 2.5K CVO Member
Re: Another Dealer Gone
« Reply #30 on: May 14, 2009, 07:16:49 AM »

Hate to see it, but unfortunately it won't be the last.

You are right Muffman. The list will be growing!

Be Safe

THE DAWG
cvo 1  04 FLHTCSEI  Qrange/Black AKA Ole Punkin
cvo 2 05 VRSCXe Orange/Black sold
cvo 3 02 FXDWG2 Black/Gold 
cvo 4 04 FLHTCSE Blue/Black  sold
cvo 5 09 FLHTCUSE4 Red/Marron sold
cvo 6 12 FLHTCUSE Blue Saphire/Stardust Silver AKA Saphire
cvo 7 14 FLHTKSE  Blaze/Maroon
2020 CVO Limited

PROUD MEMBER EBCM #1.75 Second in command of this great organization

Also has been placed on
TRIPLE SECRET PROBATION

mr_magoo

• 5k CVO Member

• CVO1: 04 SEEG Orange & Black All Attitude
    • CVO2: 08 CUSE Copper Canyon & Stardust Silver the Cruiser
« Reply #31 on: May 14, 2009, 08:52:22 AM »

Sad to hear.
2008FLHTCUSE3 Copper Canyon & Stardust Silver
Freedom Gear drive cams, Elite D Exhaust.

2004 SEEG Pumpkin
freedom exhaust
power commander
W/ American legend trailer<br

RayG

• "What the hell was I thinking?"
  • Elite CVO Member

• CVO1: 2008 FLHRSE4
« Reply #32 on: May 14, 2009, 01:37:42 PM »

I just read an article (can't remember source)  but it stated that over 300 Harley's per month and growing are being repossessed. That is allot of broken dreams., hope things get better soon.

Ray G. 

sportygordy

• 1K CVO Member
« Reply #33 on: May 14, 2009, 01:43:05 PM »

JCZ

• Global Moderator
  • 10K CVO Member
    • AZ

• CVO1: 04 SEEG...sold
    • CVO2: 10 SESG...sold
    • CVO3: 13 FLHTCSE 8
« Reply #34 on: May 14, 2009, 01:43:38 PM »

Just heard on the news tonight that Auburn Harley Davidson, in Auburn California closed their doors today. They interviewed the service manager and two mechanics which stated the three would be working the next 10 days volentering their own time to complete work on customer bikes. The owners would not comment but most employees said 'due to current economic times'. A spokesman from Harley Davidson Mo Co said they will be clearing store inventory over the next few weeks.. I loved that dealership, one of my favorite stop overs for visits.. now their gone  :(

I never heard a bad word ever spoken about that dealership.  I've never made a major purchase there nor have I had any service work done there, but they were always friendly when we'd stop in on our way up to the gold country.  I guess that'll mean more customer base for Rocklin and Jackson (both owned by Guiderra family).
Never trade the thrills of living for the security of existence.  Remember...it's the journey, not the destination!

West Coast GTG   
Reno, NV (04), Reno, NV (05),  Cripple Creek, CO (06)  Hood River, OR (09), Lake Tahoe, CA (11) Carmel, CA (14), Ouray CO (15) Fortuna, Ca. (16)

JeffsHogPen

• Senior CVO Member

• CVO1: 2007 FXSTSSE
    • CVO2: 2001 FLHR
« Reply #35 on: May 14, 2009, 02:12:21 PM »

Sad to hear......Nothing is a sure thing. I just had to take a 12% cut in pay. Just trying to hang on until it comes back.
Hookem¨Horns!!!!!

lee champion

• CVO1: 07 SERK
« Reply #36 on: May 14, 2009, 06:33:40 PM »

yeah they cut me back 13% and glad to still have a job. so what did i do? put my SERK on a visa card
broke but ridin!

DavidB

• 1K CVO Member
« Reply #37 on: May 14, 2009, 06:58:34 PM »

http://wildcatharley.com/

This dealership is due to open in the next few weeks. There hiring.

CVOJOE

• 2.5K CVO Member
  • Life's a journey, why not enjoy the ride?
« Reply #38 on: May 14, 2009, 07:35:15 PM »

I never heard a bad word ever spoken about that dealership.  I've never made a major purchase there nor have I had any service work done there, but they were always friendly when we'd stop in on our way up to the gold country.  I guess that'll mean more customer base for Rocklin and Jackson (both owned by Guiderra family).

Like JC, I've stopped in there a few times and probably got a t-shirt of two on the way somewhere. Took a friend there once for some parts, and the parts guys were decent. Always sad to see a dealership, at least one with a decent reputation go under. Times are tough all over.

Joe
2003 FLHRSEI2. (Sold) :(

Horsepower is how fast you hit a wall.Torque is how far you will take the wall with you.

sportygordy

• 1K CVO Member
« Reply #39 on: May 15, 2009, 12:32:55 AM »

yeah they cut me back 13% and glad to still have a job. so what did i do? put my SERK on a visa card
broke but ridin!

All managers (I'm one of them) at my company had to give up four working days per month, no pay for four working days each month. This started March 1, 09. The chit part is, we are still expected to show up to work on those four days no pay each month.. I guess when you are salary, they can stick it to you any way they want. I'm just thankfull I still have a pay check.  OH.. I didn't mention our health insurance went up 12% last April and our company stopped our 401K matching funds last January 09.. Oh, and did i mention I'm thanfull i still have a pay check.. >:( What is that 'ole saying 'when the tail keeps getting shorter and shorter'  :nixweiss:
« Last Edit: May 15, 2009, 12:44:00 AM by sportygordy »

sportygordy

• 1K CVO Member
« Reply #40 on: May 15, 2009, 12:41:11 AM »

This Dealership also had Hang Town Harley Davidson, and i believe that closed down a few months ago. You are right, Auburn Harley was the perfect stop over for rides up to the Gold Country and the folks there are awesome. They seemed to always have something going on there on weekends. I bought my first Harley their in 1995 from Carlos and Emma. Did you ever get a chance to meet them before they sold to the Holmes?  I know the Guiderra;s well, they are hanging on pretty good right now. Joe over in Yuba is having a tough time but he will survive. He made some smart decisions a few months ago. The Guiderra's are survivors, they know how to run and keep a business.

AXIL

• 2.5K CVO Member
« Reply #41 on: May 15, 2009, 07:22:25 AM »

I saw a lot of dealers go under in the 70's and early 80's. just history repeating itself.
I CAME INTO THIS WORLD WITH NOTHING AND I GOT MOST OF IT LEFT  
AHH,MOONSHINE THE OTHER WHITE MEAT

JCZ

• Global Moderator
  • 10K CVO Member
    • AZ

• CVO1: 04 SEEG...sold
    • CVO2: 10 SESG...sold
    • CVO3: 13 FLHTCSE 8
« Reply #42 on: May 15, 2009, 10:50:10 AM »

This Dealership also had Hang Town Harley Davidson, and i believe that closed down a few months ago. You are right, Auburn Harley was the perfect stop over for rides up to the Gold Country and the folks there are awesome. They seemed to always have something going on there on weekends. I bought my first Harley their in 1995 from Carlos and Emma. Did you ever get a chance to meet them before they sold to the Holmes?  I know the Guiderra;s well, they are hanging on pretty good right now. Joe over in Yuba is having a tough time but he will survive. He made some smart decisions a few months ago. The Guiderra's are survivors, they know how to run and keep a business.

I did.  I knew Carlo (no "s") and Emma since 1989 when they had an independant shop in Concord and from the AHDRA bike drags.  Carlo was a big time drag racer.  I remember when they bought that little dealership (in a little metal building down off the side of Hwy. 49) and moved to a larger location before moving where it's at now.  I think they did well. :2vrolijk_21:
Never trade the thrills of living for the security of existence.  Remember...it's the journey, not the destination!

West Coast GTG   
Reno, NV (04), Reno, NV (05),  Cripple Creek, CO (06)  Hood River, OR (09), Lake Tahoe, CA (11) Carmel, CA (14), Ouray CO (15) Fortuna, Ca. (16)

JeffsHogPen

• Senior CVO Member

• CVO1: 2007 FXSTSSE
    • CVO2: 2001 FLHR
« Reply #43 on: May 15, 2009, 01:04:32 PM »

Hey I got an idea......lets give the Banks some more money........Now doesn't that just chap your..........
Hookem¨Horns!!!!!

harley56

• Full CVO Member
  • 2004 FLHTCSE
« Reply #44 on: May 20, 2009, 11:52:26 AM »

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 33

Page created in 0.173 seconds with 21 queries.