Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]  All

Author Topic: Rinehart 2-1 Exhaust  (Read 7440 times)

amigo Jorge

• LDR #00372
  • 5k CVO Member
    • FL

• CVO1: '20 FLHTCUTGSE Trike CVO
Re: Rinehart 2-1 Exhaust
« Reply #15 on: September 27, 2007, 02:49:04 PM »

The Rinehart looks very nice...I have D&D installed in my VROD because are not so loudly like RH....

Ride safe mi amigo,

Jorge

lilbear

• 1K CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG

• CVO1: '06 VRSCSE2 - Yellow & Silver
    • CVO2: '08 FLHRSE4 - Black & Silver
    • CVO3: '11 FLHXSE2 - Black & Orange
« Reply #16 on: September 27, 2007, 03:34:57 PM »

The Rinehart looks very nice...I have D&D installed in my VROD because are not so loudly like RH....

Ride safe mi amigo,

Jorge

Jorge,
They're not quite as loud as the true duals, but you can sure hear them!  Nice throaty tone.  Sounds like a Harley now!  Congratulations on the new Springer!  That is for sure the best color ever!  Have you thought about what you're doing for pipes on that one?  The V&H Big Radius Looks awesome on that bike.  A friend down in Palm Harbor just put those on his SE Fatboy and they look and sound great.  Not loud at all, just a nice deep note!

Look forward to meeting up with you some day on one of those many chromed up wonders you own!

Take care mi amigo!

Ride safe,
Craig

TheVgirl

• 1K CVO Member
  • Hold on bro! Life is one heckuva ride.

• CVO1: 2005 VRSCSE Two-tone Electric Orange and Black
    • CVO2: 2005 FLHTCSE2 Sunrise Yellow Pearl and Stingray Silver sold
« Reply #17 on: October 03, 2007, 10:20:48 AM »

Ok, what's the chances of having all three Vrods in Maggie Valley so I can hear all three?  I have a Thunderheader.  Jorge's got the D&D 2-in-1, Terry's got the V&H 2-in-1 and Lilbear has the RH 2-in-1.  I love the way my bike sounds, but I miss the curves of the original pipes and want more upward sweep on the pipes to replicate the look of the original pipes, BUT (there's always a BUT) I like the added hp/tq from the Thunderheader along with the rattle the cages sound.  SO...now what?  It has to have sound or it will be mistaken for a Jap bike!!  Can we compare all 4 dyno sheets side-by-side? 

Any of y'all have a digital recorder or the ability to record video with sound on your picture phone or digital camera to post?

Now I'm intrigued!!!!

Thanks,
V.
~TheVgirl~  2005 VRSCSE Two-tone Electric Orange and Black

"The shortest distance between two points is a straight line, but on a motorcycle you want to take the longest way to get there."  - Jerry "Motorman" Palladino

Midnight Rider

• AKA: TCnBham
  • 10K CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG

• CVO1: 2011 SERGU Rio Red (sold)
« Reply #18 on: October 03, 2007, 01:27:18 PM »

Ok, what's the chances of having all three Vrods in Maggie Valley so I can hear all three?  I have a Thunderheader.  Jorge's got the D&D 2-in-1, Terry's got the V&H 2-in-1 and Lilbear has the RH 2-in-1.  I love the way my bike sounds, but I miss the curves of the original pipes and want more upward sweep on the pipes to replicate the look of the original pipes, BUT (there's always a BUT) I like the added hp/tq from the Thunderheader along with the rattle the cages sound.  SO...now what?  It has to have sound or it will be mistaken for a Jap bike!!  Can we compare all 4 dyno sheets side-by-side? 

Any of y'all have a digital recorder or the ability to record video with sound on your picture phone or digital camera to post?

Now I'm intrigued!!!!

Thanks,
V.

V...first, nice to hear from you again!!

I will not be riding the V to MV...wish I could, but since I can't ride two at once, and don't have a trailer, I have to pick, and this time of year the SEUC will get the nod.

The V&H pipe sound:  mine is getting a bit louder as I get a few miles on it.  Have you ever heard a Destroyer run?  If so, the sound is similar, but no where near as loud.  At idle, not loud at all, but when you get on it, it makes some noise.  I heard Jorge's bike in Hot Springs and would say mine is a bit louder, but not as loud as 2/2 RH's.  I've not heard the 2/1 RH yet.  I don't trust Dyno numbers any more...both my bikes put up conservative numbers on the local tuner's Dynojet, but both bikes run just fine, so I think he just doesn't have a "happy" dyno, and the numbers are more realistic... :nixweiss:

The V&H pipe is a different look than the stock for sure...the stock is more of a sweeping curved look, where the V&H lines are more in harmony with the angular look of the frame.  I like the big oval sweeping upward at the rear. 

The Thunderheader generally gives better numbers..for that, I don't think it can be beat.  I have never cared much for the look of a TH though (no offense intended), and the discoloration would bother me as well.  Plus, it's just a bit too loud for my ear.
Sometimes it takes a whole tankful of fuel before you can think straight.
I had the right to remain silent, just not the ability...

Gone, but not forgotten...2011 FLTRUSE with
Fullsac X Pipe w/2" Baffles
Legend Air Ride Rear Shocks
Traxxion Dynamics AK-20 Front Suspension
Clearview GT13 Windshield
TTS Mastertune

amigo Jorge

• LDR #00372
  • 5k CVO Member
    • FL

« Reply #19 on: October 04, 2007, 10:11:05 PM »

Now I'm intrigued!!!!

Thanks,
V.

All of us who ride V's let's go to DB to Biketoberfest....I will take mine :2vrolijk_21:

amigo Jorge

• LDR #00372
  • 5k CVO Member
    • FL

« Reply #20 on: October 04, 2007, 10:19:55 PM »

Jorge,
They're not quite as loud as the true duals, but you can sure hear them!  Nice throaty tone.  Sounds like a Harley now!  Congratulations on the new Springer!  That is for sure the best color ever!  Have you thought about what you're doing for pipes on that one?  The V&H Big Radius Looks awesome on that bike.  A friend down in Palm Harbor just put those on his SE Fatboy and they look and sound great.  Not loud at all, just a nice deep note!

Look forward to meeting up with you some day on one of those many chromed up wonders you own!

Take care mi amigo!

Ride safe,
Craig

Thanks mi amigo Craig......I would like to meet you in the short future as well....I use to go to Daytona for both events every year (Bike Week and Biketoberfest) so if you decide to go let me know...it's a nice event and a lot of CVO's from this site......you are not very far from there....

I haven't decided what exhaust I will  be installing in  the Springer but I am inclined for the Sideshots....

Ride safe mi amigo and be in touch,

Jorge
Pages: 1 [2]  All

Page created in 0.183 seconds with 21 queries.