Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Chrome on mirror coming off  (Read 1986 times)

KC1919

Chrome on mirror coming off
« on: June 25, 2011, 01:53:16 PM »

I've seen some conversation on website about chrome problems on the mirrors.  Does anyone know if there has been a service bulletin for this problem.  Dealer I'm talking with says its just where bugs have been on the mirrors.

Thanks,
K
  C

GregKhougaz

• It's a Two Wheeled World.
  • Global Moderator
  • 5k CVO Member
    • CA

• CVO1: '22 BMW Grand America
    • CVO2: '18 Porsche C4 GTS
    • CVO3: '22 Porsche Macan GTS and my mountain bike.
Re: Chrome on mirror coming off
« Reply #1 on: June 26, 2011, 12:35:31 PM »

KC, I assume you are talking about a SERG but it would not matter.  Does the dealer really mean that chrome is not supposed to be bug resistant?  That seems to be a rather untenable position.  Assuming you are still within the warranty. The parts should be replaced by HD.  Making lame excuses seems to be a common dealer technique.  Is the dealer does not agree to replace the mirrors for defective chrome you will need to contact customer service at HD by phone.  The number is on the website.

GK

"We've got some tall tales we love to tell.  They may not be true but we sure do remember them well." 
 Sawyer Brown

When you come to a fork in the road... take it!

FrankD

• Full CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG
« Reply #2 on: June 26, 2011, 07:04:14 PM »

If its a 01 consider yourself lucky. I had mirrors, wheels, engine covers and the bike had 1200 miles on it. Harley did jack s*** as usual. I had to replate the parts or buy new parts depending on the cheapest route. I also had this problem with some of the parts on my 89 and 96 FXSTS's. Crappy vendors! I'm pretty anal about my bikes and  none have seen bad weather. I told the Seacoast Harley Service Manager that I would never buy another one. That why I have 2400 miles on my SC Road Glide and 10,000 plus on a BMW.

I owned 7 Harleys and Harley never owned up to any problems unless it's a major(arm twisting) recall. Just like the ride-by-wire issues. early year cam bearing problems on the 88's, MM fuel injection problems on 00-01. They surely want top dollar but the attitude goes down hill when you have an issue.
« Last Edit: June 26, 2011, 07:15:26 PM by FrankD »
Of every one-hundred men, ten shouldn't even be there. Eighty are nothing but targets. Nine are real fighters...We are lucky to have them, they make the battle. Ah, but one, one of them is a Warrior... He will bring the others home.

Hericletus 500BC

KC1919

« Reply #3 on: June 28, 2011, 06:15:10 PM »

Having no luck finding the customer service number.  Anyone have it or know where I could locate it.

Fired00d

• Global Moderator
  • 25K CVO Member
  • Orange & Black SEEG... Can it get any better?
    • VA

• CVO1: FLHTCSE
« Reply #4 on: June 28, 2011, 06:19:02 PM »

Having no luck finding the customer service number.  Anyone have it or know where I could locate it.
Customer Service number (414-343-4056)

:pumpkin:
Ride Safe,
Fired00d
 :fireman:
:pumpkin: 2004 Screamin’ Eagle Electra Glide :pumpkin:
Rinehart True Duals
SE Breather
SE Race Tuner
HogTunes Speakers
Zippers 575 Gear Drive Cams
Zippers Pro-Tapered Adjustable Push Rods
Zippers Oil Pressure Bypass Shim
Feuling Oil Pump
Feuling Lifters
Zumo 550 W/Flame Caps
Lyndall Z+ Brake Pads
CVOHarley Member #1234
PGR Member #754 (Since '05)
Proud Member EBCM #2.0

CVODON

• 1K CVO Member
    • FL

• CVO1: 15 FLTRUSE
« Reply #5 on: June 30, 2011, 05:42:20 PM »

I saw the dealer service manager at the mall and casually told him my mirrors were peeling, couple days later the service writer called and said "your mirrors are in".
Why is your dealer giving you a hard time? Try another dealer.

Page created in 0.136 seconds with 22 queries.