Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 7  All

Author Topic: Deepest Exhaust Sound  (Read 56714 times)

MC88

• Junior CVO Member
  • CVO1: 2009 FXSTSSE3 CVO2:2011 FLHXSE2
Deepest Exhaust Sound
« on: March 02, 2011, 04:02:48 AM »

About to take delivery of my Street Glide this month and considering the Rinehart 4", I have already settled on the V&H Power duals but im looking for a deep rumble and not too loud...

I have read most of the posts here and it seems most say the Rineharts  are Deeper sounding than the V & H Monster Rounds/ Hi Output ?? True or false ? Anyone had both together for a sound off?

I need to pull the trigger soon so lets hear your thoughts please ..

Rio

• 2011 CVO Road Glide Ultra Rio Ember/Black
  • 1K CVO Member
  • Nick
Re: Deepest Exhaust Sound
« Reply #1 on: March 02, 2011, 08:59:10 AM »

RINEHART TRUE DUALS, 4" MUFFLERS, PERFORMANCE BAFFLES.  YOU WILL LOVE THE SOUND!
Full Sac X-Pipe,
Full Sac 2.25 cores
TTS Mastertune
Progressive Monotubes
Progressive 94 Shocks
Andrews 30t sprocket
Wind Splitter Windscreen

2010SSRS

• Full CVO Member

• CVO1: 2011 SESG2
« Reply #2 on: March 02, 2011, 10:28:32 AM »

FALSE!  i had the 4" Rineharts on my 07' and went with the Hi Outputs on the 11'.........there's no comparison to the deep rumble of the Hi Outputs throughout the entire rpm range.  the Rineharts flutter too much for me.  at first the Hi Outputs seem almost too loud but after 800 miles or so........they are perfect and like nothing i've ever heard!

whoever stated the Rineharts are deeper hasn't heard the Hi Outputs yet.  i couldn't tell ya about the Monster Rounds (Ovals won't fit the CVO) but i've been on a bike most of my life and i have never heard an exhaust that is this deep with no high tones.  they are 104dB at idle vs 80dB stock.  the Monster Rounds are like 94dB but have higher pitches like the Rineharts.

don't let the 104dB output scare ya though......because it's so deep, it's not obnoxious!  everyone that hears these Hi Outputs are simply amazed.   ;)
TR590 Cams - Hi Comp Pistons - Stage 3 Heads - V&H Dresser Duals - V&H Hi Outputs - Tuner - Custom Map - 104hp/121tq

jcd520

« Reply #3 on: March 02, 2011, 11:00:33 AM »

I have buddies with the hi outputs and also with the rineharts. Hi outputs ---hands down! much better sound and quieter at speed. I used to be a rinehart fan and had a set on an older bike------Now I think they are just obnoxious and loud. The Hi outputs are deep , throaty, smooth and comfortable at speed.

Lkn4advtr

• Junior CVO Member

• CVO1: 08 FLHTCUSE3
    • CVO2: 09 FLTRSE3
    • CVO3: 11 FLTRUSE
« Reply #4 on: March 02, 2011, 11:07:45 AM »

I have the new Reinhart 4' true duals on my 2011 SERGU they sound great. veary pleased. I have the Thunder headers on my 07 SERG also sound great but IMO Reinhearts sound better. I curently have CFR slip on on my 08SEUC and they at first were awesomly deep sounding but after a few hours of riding my head hurt so i had some light baffles installed. Prior to the CFR's i had the V&H monster ovals they sounded sweet but after a few weeks of riding i noticed they were always dragging at the back outer bottom edge and also something inside came loose and they started to rattle so i took them off. Also have Bossanis on my 09SERG and they ore ok for every day use.
To recap IMO
#1 - 4"Reinharts -  all around riding - great Harley sound at all points of acceleration, loud enough to be heard. My salesman commented on how loud and bitchin the bike sounded infact it was the best sounding bike he had heard being dyno'd at the dealer and he was across the lot.
#2 - Thunder headers - all around riding - great sound at most points of acceleration, Loud enough to be heard
#3 - CFR's - a head turner every time you start the bike, awesom deep sound in the mountains and freeways. It would offten sound like a helicopter, Got alot of comments obout the sound. They were just too loud without baffles for long distance.
#4 - V&H monster ovals - good loud sound a bit flat compared to the others
#5 - Bossanis - there ok for every day use.
 When i get home tonight  i will try to get some sound video to post.
'Rollin down the highway, Lookin for adventure"

DOC.COFFIN

• Senior CVO Member
  • Transplanted from San Diego To Napoli

• CVO1: 2012 FLHXSE3 CVO DARK SLATE / BLACK DIAMOND
    • CVO2: 2011 FLHXSE2 CVO BLACK DIAMOND & CRIMSON
    • CVO3: 2008 FLHR VIVID BLACK
« Reply #5 on: March 02, 2011, 01:50:15 PM »

I have plenty of friends who have RHs...1. they never sound as good as RHs, IMO...2. Those friends have consistently told me that they like the sound of my pipes better and all but one have switched. I ran the RH true duals 3.5" on my '08FLHR. Now on my '11FLHXSE2 I'm runnin' Fullsac x-pipe B headers, 4" RH slip-ons, and SERT...and let me tell you, I've never been more impressed. Not only with the sound, but more importantly with the performance. I can't attribute that soley to the Rineharts, because the Fullsac headers are an amazing addition to this Stage 1 mod...My recommendation?...pull the trigger on the same set up and you'll be nothing but happy! (Not to mention that the set up is very stealth in that it looks exactly like the MoCo's. The headers even utilize the OEM shields!)

Doc
"War is an ugly, messy, bloody business. No one welcomes the task of waging it. And yet the task is ours. Neither pity us nor praise us. Stand by us." ~Admiral Mike Mullen, Chairman of the Joint Chiefs of Staff

JohnnyRock

• Full CVO Member
« Reply #6 on: March 02, 2011, 03:17:57 PM »

I have the new Reinhart 4' true duals on my 2011 SERGU they sound great. veary pleased. I have the Thunder headers on my 07 SERG also sound great but IMO Reinhearts sound better. I curently have CFR slip on on my 08SEUC and they at first were awesomly deep sounding but after a few hours of riding my head hurt so i had some light baffles installed. Prior to the CFR's i had the V&H monster ovals they sounded sweet but after a few weeks of riding i noticed they were always dragging at the back outer bottom edge and also something inside came loose and they started to rattle so i took them off. Also have Bossanis on my 09SERG and they ore ok for every day use.
To recap IMO
#1 - 4"Reinharts -  all around riding - great Harley sound at all points of acceleration, loud enough to be heard. My salesman commented on how loud and bitchin the bike sounded infact it was the best sounding bike he had heard being dyno'd at the dealer and he was across the lot.
#2 - Thunder headers - all around riding - great sound at most points of acceleration, Loud enough to be heard
#3 - CFR's - a head turner every time you start the bike, awesom deep sound in the mountains and freeways. It would offten sound like a helicopter, Got alot of comments obout the sound. They were just too loud without baffles for long distance.
#4 - V&H monster ovals - good loud sound a bit flat compared to the others
#5 - Bossanis - there ok for every day use.
 When i get home tonight  i will try to get some sound video to post.

I have CFRs on my FLHXSE/2. Didn't know baffles were an option. How do you install them?
FLHXSE/2
SERT
V&H Dresser Duals
CFR Slip-ons

mrmagloo

• 1K CVO Member
« Reply #7 on: March 02, 2011, 03:51:44 PM »

Whatever you get, if you swap the baffles to the Big City Thunders, it gets very deep and loud. I put them in my V&H BR's and it sounds pretty darn tough.
2004 SE Deuce - Cobalt Blue
2006 SE Ultra Classic - Autumn Haze

JPSTREETGLIDE

• Senior CVO Member
« Reply #8 on: March 02, 2011, 09:08:26 PM »

I have had both on different bikes.  On the my CVO street glide there is nothing better than the hi outputs by V&H.  Thats my opinion.

wscott002

« Reply #9 on: March 02, 2011, 09:21:25 PM »

That's what I have on mine and I love them !

wscott002

« Reply #10 on: March 02, 2011, 09:22:38 PM »

Another picture

MC88

• Junior CVO Member
  • CVO1: 2009 FXSTSSE3 CVO2:2011 FLHXSE2
« Reply #11 on: March 03, 2011, 04:21:56 AM »

Looks like I may have to toss a coin to decide.....

I have Rineharts on my CVO Springer.... 

I did hear a few Vance and hines on You tube and they sound deep but i guess they only sound as good as the camera that records it ....

Rio

• 2011 CVO Road Glide Ultra Rio Ember/Black
  • 1K CVO Member
  • Nick
« Reply #12 on: March 03, 2011, 09:08:47 AM »

Hey,

Opinions are a dime a dozen.  No one will admit it if something else sounds better than what they have!  Take the time, go to a rally or a HD store on a Saturday and listen to bikes and pick what you like best!  Everyone has a preference, when you make a decision, you will have one too!
Full Sac X-Pipe,
Full Sac 2.25 cores
TTS Mastertune
Progressive Monotubes
Progressive 94 Shocks
Andrews 30t sprocket
Wind Splitter Windscreen

Wayne G

• Senior CVO Member
    • FL

• CVO1: 2011 Kyrpto CVO SESG2 2/17/11
    • CVO2: 2015 Ducati Monster 1200S
    • CVO3: 2016 Softail Slim S
« Reply #13 on: March 03, 2011, 01:05:24 PM »

Crimson  well said!

JT OZY

• Junior CVO Member
« Reply #14 on: March 03, 2011, 09:56:30 PM »

Crimson,

I couldn't agree more !

JT
I intend to ride for ever
So far so good
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 7  All

Page created in 0.178 seconds with 21 queries.