Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 11

Author Topic: Kuryakyn Curved License Plate Frame  (Read 44913 times)

mjb765

• 5k CVO Member

• CVO1: 2011 FLHXSE--sold
    • CVO2: 2015 FLHXSE--sold
    • CVO3: 2018 FLTRXSE
Re: Kuryakyn Curved License Plate Frame
« Reply #30 on: February 05, 2012, 04:44:44 PM »

You don't have to drill for the YAFFEE frame.  You may need to get longer bolts and maybe elongate the fender bolt holes.

Regards

Jerry

X2....you don't have to drill for the Yaffe, and I didn't even have to elongate any holes.

brassspike

• Elite CVO Member
    • NC

« Reply #31 on: February 05, 2012, 09:32:04 PM »

I have to be missing something.....I'm stuggling to understand the problem.  Keep it simple. :2vrolijk_21:

JCZ, What frame is that and does it have a tag light? I like that clean look.
Thanks!
RETIRED! :fireman:

M Bon

• Junior CVO Member
« Reply #32 on: February 13, 2012, 09:38:26 PM »

tequilla,

How did you get the reflector off your stock set-up?

JCZ

• Global Moderator
  • 10K CVO Member
    • AZ

• CVO1: 04 SEEG...sold
    • CVO2: 10 SESG...sold
    • CVO3: 13 FLHTCSE 8
« Reply #33 on: February 13, 2012, 09:43:20 PM »

JCZ, What frame is that and does it have a tag light? I like that clean look.
Thanks!

It's the Kuryakn and yes, it has the little LED license plate light up in the top part of the frame.
Never trade the thrills of living for the security of existence.  Remember...it's the journey, not the destination!

West Coast GTG   
Reno, NV (04), Reno, NV (05),  Cripple Creek, CO (06)  Hood River, OR (09), Lake Tahoe, CA (11) Carmel, CA (14), Ouray CO (15) Fortuna, Ca. (16)

brassspike

• Elite CVO Member
    • NC

« Reply #34 on: February 13, 2012, 10:02:17 PM »

It's the Kuryakn and yes, it has the little LED license plate light up in the top part of the frame.
Was it made for any particular application? I see its not the Kury that they make for the cvo street glide.
Thanks

JCZ

• Global Moderator
  • 10K CVO Member
    • AZ

« Reply #35 on: February 13, 2012, 10:21:27 PM »

Was it made for any particular application? I see its not the Kury that they make for the cvo street glide.
Thanks

I was just looking for the part number.  Seems like it was a Kuryakn #1147 or something like that but I can't find it now.  A number of the members with the SESG have it.
Never trade the thrills of living for the security of existence.  Remember...it's the journey, not the destination!

West Coast GTG   
Reno, NV (04), Reno, NV (05),  Cripple Creek, CO (06)  Hood River, OR (09), Lake Tahoe, CA (11) Carmel, CA (14), Ouray CO (15) Fortuna, Ca. (16)

SBB

• 10K CVO Member
  • Go fast or go home! EBCM member # 2.36 .01%
    • CVO2: 2011.5 SEUC
    • CVO3: 2012 SERG
« Reply #36 on: February 13, 2012, 10:27:17 PM »

I was just looking for the part number.  Seems like it was a Kuryakn #1147 or something like that but I can't find it now.  A number of the members with the SESG have it.

OK, I will sit here patiently waiting till you get the part number JC.
I need one.

:nixweiss:

SBB

2012      SERG  "Nu Blue"
2018      Goldwing   
2003      HD Electra Glide Classic Silver and Black, of course!                
2 2012   Suzuki Burgmans
2018      Shelby GT350, 963 crank hp, 825 rear wheel hp

Black Diamond

• 2.5K CVO Member

• CVO1: 11 FLHXSE2 "Vanessa"
    • CVO2: 08 FLHRSE4 "Lexi" "Bike from Hell"
    • CVO3: 02 FLHRSEI "Ruby"
« Reply #37 on: February 13, 2012, 10:48:04 PM »

Chip

Pretty sure the p/n is 9182
« Last Edit: February 13, 2012, 10:50:55 PM by Black Diamond »

SBB

• 10K CVO Member
  • Go fast or go home! EBCM member # 2.36 .01%
    • CVO2: 2011.5 SEUC
    • CVO3: 2012 SERG
« Reply #38 on: February 13, 2012, 10:58:35 PM »

Chip

Pretty sure the p/n is 9182

Thank you sir!

:2vrolijk_21:

SBB

2012      SERG  "Nu Blue"
2018      Goldwing   
2003      HD Electra Glide Classic Silver and Black, of course!                
2 2012   Suzuki Burgmans
2018      Shelby GT350, 963 crank hp, 825 rear wheel hp

JCZ

• Global Moderator
  • 10K CVO Member
    • AZ

« Reply #39 on: February 14, 2012, 08:42:49 AM »

OK, I will sit here patiently waiting till you get the part number JC.
I need one.

:nixweiss:

SBB

I can't find it Chip but it's in this thread someplace.....   http://www.cvoharley.com/smf/index.php?topic=40248.0      You only have 49 pages to go through. :huepfenlol2: :huepfenlol2:

West Coast GTG   

NorEaster

• Full CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG

• CVO1: 2006 FLSTFSE2 Nebula Yellow / Cobalt Blue
    • CVO2: 2012 FLHXSE3 Ruby Red / Typhoon Maroon
« Reply #40 on: February 14, 2012, 02:44:03 PM »

The problem with the "Keep it Simple" approach above is you need to drill into your very expensive CVO's fender to do this.  Something a lot of people, myself included, have a problem doing.  :-\

Kuryakyn apparently decided to position the plate below the hole in the fender because they thought the plate looked better down lower.  Guess they failed to notice the ugly hunk of chrome they had to place above the plate to accomplish this aesthetically pleasing location.  ;D

This is why I have manufactured my own back plate that positions the frame high enough up to cover the hole and still uses the factory mounting holes already in the fender, so no drilling is required.  Since my bike came in late last year and went right into storage after the 1,000 mile service I have not mounted the new frame yet.

Here is a pic of the back plate I manufactured out of 1/8" stainless steel.  The 2 fender mounting holes are countersunk so after the back plate is mounted to the fender the screws will not stick up and interfere with the license plate.  The 4 holes in the corners are tapped to allow screwing the Kuryakyn frame directly to it.

I just need to wait until I get my bike out of storage so I can decide what thickness spacers I need to keep the back plate and frame from touching the fender.  Then I can put it all together and get some final pics to share.

FLHXSE2

• Full CVO Member

• CVO1: 2011 FLHXSE2 BLK/OR
« Reply #41 on: February 14, 2012, 03:16:00 PM »

Any chance of buying a copy of the bracket and spacers when you finish?

ThunderBueller

• Full CVO Member
« Reply #42 on: February 14, 2012, 04:46:34 PM »

Any chance of buying a copy of the bracket and spacers when you finish?

X2!  :2vrolijk_21:
2010 FLTRX--Primo paint set
2005 FXSTB--Sold!
2003 XL1200C--Sold
2002 Buell S3T Thunderbolt--Sold

Wanted--black Rumble collection saddlebag latches.

brassspike

• Elite CVO Member
    • NC

« Reply #43 on: February 14, 2012, 05:41:29 PM »

The problem with the "Keep it Simple" approach above is you need to drill into your very expensive CVO's fender to do this.  Something a lot of people, myself included, have a problem doing.  :-\

Kuryakyn apparently decided to position the plate below the hole in the fender because they thought the plate looked better down lower.  Guess they failed to notice the ugly hunk of chrome they had to place above the plate to accomplish this aesthetically pleasing location.  ;D

This is why I have manufactured my own back plate that positions the frame high enough up to cover the hole and still uses the factory mounting holes already in the fender, so no drilling is required.  Since my bike came in late last year and went right into storage after the 1,000 mile service I have not mounted the new frame yet.

Here is a pic of the back plate I manufactured out of 1/8" stainless steel.  The 2 fender mounting holes are countersunk so after the back plate is mounted to the fender the screws will not stick up and interfere with the license plate.  The 4 holes in the corners are tapped to allow screwing the Kuryakyn frame directly to it.

I just need to wait until I get my bike out of storage so I can decide what thickness spacers I need to keep the back plate and frame from touching the fender.  Then I can put it all together and get some final pics to share.

Noreaster you have inspired me! As soon as I A) Get the bike in and B) get the proper kury frame, I'm going to make something similar. I have some stainless and as soon as I get the dimensions from the bike, I'm giving it a try!
« Last Edit: February 14, 2012, 05:43:34 PM by brassspike »

FAST380

• Elite CVO Member
    • CA

• CVO1: FLHXSE2 . . . . . Fullsac X-Pipe - 2.25" baffles - Fueling 574 Cam's - TTS Tuner - 30 Tooth Pully W/Stock Belt- Wild One 575 Bars - Chrome Inner Primary - Kuryakyn Plate frame 9182 - Diamond Engineering Polished SS Bolt Kit - 8" Windvest - Black Agitator
« Reply #44 on: February 14, 2012, 06:12:59 PM »

The SS mount is a great idea, and if it gives you the finished product you are looking for then you are in!! I understand not wanting to drill your fender, but it is just a fender. I will be really surprised if you can get the same look using a bracket. When you bolt the frame to the fender it fits tight up against the fender, no gap, the next best thing to being molded in. I am not downing your bracket at all, hell if it work and gives the same result I will kick myself in the butt, just don't see how that is possible.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 11

Page created in 0.203 seconds with 21 queries.