Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]  All

Author Topic: About to get my 2012 SESG Dark Slate/Black Diamond. A couple questions...  (Read 2850 times)

Bowman1836

• Senior CVO Member

• CVO1: 2012 cvo street glide

Ok, finally took ownership of my Dark Slate - Black Diamond 2012 SESG on Tuesday, July 3rd.  She's sitting in my garage with a whopping 44 miles on her.  The bike arrived at the dealership with a minor scratch in the rear fender behind the license plate; a dimple in the chrome center console and an imperfection on the inner edge of the outter fairing behind the right mirror.  All three items are on order and I await their arrival.  Somewhat disappointed to say the least, but, the bright side is it's sitting in my garage.

The only option I had the dealer install immediately was the 4-point docking hardware.  Unfortunately, now all my detachables (both backrests and both luggage racks) don't snap on easily.  It looks as though the docking hardware is about 1/16 to wide so it takes some giggling to get the detachables to snap into place.  This is unacceptable by my standards so I'm alerting the dealership.  Has anyone else experienced the same with the 4-point docking hardware?

Ride Safe!

Wow and I thought I was hard to please. Na I here what your saying. I got mine last week and actually it was perfect. The back rest on mine is hard to get on and off but then again I like it that way. That way I know going down the road I'm not going to get any disturbance due to wind. But not everyone likes it that way I guess. Congrats on the new ride.

Tannehill Kid

• 1K CVO Member

• CVO1: 2012 Street Glide

Ok, finally took ownership of my Dark Slate - Black Diamond 2012 SESG on Tuesday, July 3rd.  She's sitting in my garage with a whopping 44 miles on her.  The bike arrived at the dealership with a minor scratch in the rear fender behind the license plate; a dimple in the chrome center console and an imperfection on the inner edge of the outter fairing behind the right mirror.  All three items are on order and I await their arrival.  Somewhat disappointed to say the least, but, the bright side is it's sitting in my garage.

The only option I had the dealer install immediately was the 4-point docking hardware.  Unfortunately, now all my detachables (both backrests and both luggage racks) don't snap on easily.  It looks as though the docking hardware is about 1/16 to wide so it takes some giggling to get the detachables to snap into place.  This is unacceptable by my standards so I'm alerting the dealership.  Has anyone else experienced the same with the 4-point docking hardware?

Ride Safe!
I have seen where some others have had probblems with their docking hardware but mine works perfect on both our bikes.  Saw where you had asked about the Fat Cat exhaust and all I can say is I love mine.  It is a little loud but as highway cruising speeds it's no problem at all.  At 70 mph I can have the radio at half volume and no problem hearing the radio.

Fxr4Rider

• More to come
  • Full CVO Member
  • It's not the destination, it's the journey.
    • ON

• CVO1: 2000 FXR4 Yellow
    • CVO2: 2012 Flhxse3- Build Date 01/12
    • CVO3: 1985 FLT (SOLD)

:pepper: From the factory my 2 point dock was great!. When i changed to a 4 point is when i had difficulty as well. out came the grinder and all is good now!!
make them fix it, but in my opinion. Fix it yourself.

Congrats on your new scoot.

mine currently has 6200 miles on it!!  :bananarock:
Fullsac w/ 2" cores
Zumo 665
LED Spots with Led Trim Rings
HID Headlight
Red LED under glow street kit
Kury Curved Lic plate
Ultimate seat with backrest
FUN AS HELL TO RIDE!!
King Matched Tour Pak
Ultimate Seat
LRS Windscreen
More Chrome
Andrews 54's
.30 head gaskets
Chubby's and Heated Grips!

HHP

• Elite CVO Member

• CVO1: 2012 CVO Street Glide Ruby Red

Welcome and congrats to your new bike.

Ride safe and have fun.
Sportster 883 / Dyna Super Glide / E-Glide Standard / Heritage Springer / Heritage Classic / Night Rod / Softail Deluxe / CVO Street Glide

tlr

• Elite CVO Member
    • FL

• CVO1: 2022 SERG
    • CVO2: 2019 SERG, 2015 SESG, 2012 SESG
    • CVO3: 2009 SERG

I also have an adapter on the mount that enables me to swivel the 665 for the best viewing angle, and the adapter moves it about 1 1/2" closer

What is the part for this?  I really like that idea. Thanks

SESG12

• Junior CVO Member

• CVO1: 2012 FLHXSE3 Dark Slate/Black Diamond.

I have the same bike. Glad to say mine arrived in perfect condition. Not sure about the docking, etc since I prefer to keep mine solo. I changed my exhaust to V&H true dual dresser and Freedom Racing mufflers with SE race tuner. Sounds great, good rumble and not crazy loud.

15CVOSG

• Elite CVO Member
    • AZ

• CVO1: 2015 CVO FLHXSE (SOLD)
    • CVO2: 2012 CVO FLHXSE3 (SOLD)
    • CVO3: 2011 CVO FLHXSE2 (SOLD)

lose the ugly 2 point and install the FBI set up...when solo all hidden...cleans the bike up...

http://store.fatbaggers.com/fbi09barekit.html

SESG12

• Junior CVO Member

• CVO1: 2012 FLHXSE3 Dark Slate/Black Diamond.

Thanks 12CVOSG..Going to order them today! Any other suggestions? Im putting on the Yaffee license plate to clean it up as well. This is a great site with lots of good information and suggestions!!
Pages: 1 [2]  All

Page created in 1.583 seconds with 22 queries.