Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3]  All

Author Topic: Time of year to talk me out of my lust for a new street glide....  (Read 3662 times)

Tannehill Kid

• 1K CVO Member

• CVO1: 2012 Street Glide
Re: Time of year to talk me out of my lust for a new street glide....
« Reply #30 on: January 26, 2012, 11:12:14 PM »

One thing to keep in mind when selling a bike yourself is you loose tax credit on the trade.  Or that's the way it is in our state.   

Rio

• 2011 CVO Road Glide Ultra Rio Ember/Black
  • 1K CVO Member
  • Nick
« Reply #31 on: January 27, 2012, 09:05:45 AM »

SPOOK :o  This thread is 3 pages long, soooo, you like a women picking out a new dress?  Make a decision man and go with it! :nixweiss:
Full Sac X-Pipe,
Full Sac 2.25 cores
TTS Mastertune
Progressive Monotubes
Progressive 94 Shocks
Andrews 30t sprocket
Wind Splitter Windscreen

spook120

• Senior CVO Member
« Reply #32 on: January 27, 2012, 04:16:44 PM »

Your correct.  Just got a call from the local HD dealer and he tells me he isn't so sure that he will get a citrus SG.... WTF! All this agonizing and now maybe not available.  I guess everything happens for a reason.  I will keep you posted.  Thanks for all the input.  Going to go polish MY street glide....  Spook.

1sharprdkg

• 2.5K CVO Member

• CVO1: 2009 FLHTCUSE4 Screamin' Eagle Ultra Classic
    • CVO2: Not CVO 2003 Road King Classic (Wife's) Sold her 99'RKC (Tinman)
« Reply #33 on: January 27, 2012, 06:58:50 PM »

Your correct.  Just got a call from the local HD dealer and he tells me he isn't so sure that he will get a citrus SG.... WTF! All this agonizing and now maybe not available.  I guess everything happens for a reason.  I will keep you posted.  Thanks for all the input.  Going to go polish MY street glide....  Spook.
Thats no excuse!!! No rule says you must buy from your local dealer! In 2010 my wife and I drove 11 and 1/2 hours one way to get my SEUC!
" Life is Tough, Life is Tougher if Your Stupid"... John Wayne.

spook120

• Senior CVO Member
!
« Reply #34 on: January 27, 2012, 07:37:41 PM »

Gosh

spook120

• Senior CVO Member
« Reply #35 on: January 27, 2012, 07:47:11 PM »

What I was going to say is that I  :nixweiss: :nixweiss: :nixweiss: really hate myself right now....just started my 120 and have to say it still gives me shivers.  Been reading some of the performance stuff on the 110 and realize I do NOT want to go down that road again! Biggest fear at the moment is that I will have severe sellers remorse when I hand over the keys of my current bike...and even though I could afford to do so, it does not make sense to keep the 06 if I spring for the 2012.  Problem is I will not be able to even hear that 110 idle much less take if for a test ride if I trade/sell my bike.  I know I am acting like a little girl, but I do get attached to my toys.  So I think I am in for a rather sleepless night (dealer called and said that with a grand down he would find me a citrus bike) but needs the money end of month.... Crap.  Hate to make a decision that I will regret as that happened with the last 2 CVO bikes I bought...giving up bikes that ran way better than the new ride.  Ok. Done whining.  Going out in the garage to sit on my bike. Spook.

Spanky

• Junior CVO Member
« Reply #36 on: February 02, 2012, 07:56:48 AM »

Trade it in. Do it, do it, do it.

Rio

• 2011 CVO Road Glide Ultra Rio Ember/Black
  • 1K CVO Member
  • Nick
« Reply #37 on: February 02, 2012, 09:11:17 AM »

What I was going to say is that I  :nixweiss: :nixweiss: :nixweiss: really hate myself right now....just started my 120 and have to say it still gives me shivers.  Been reading some of the performance stuff on the 110 and realize I do NOT want to go down that road again! Biggest fear at the moment is that I will have severe sellers remorse when I hand over the keys of my current bike...and even though I could afford to do so, it does not make sense to keep the 06 if I spring for the 2012.  Problem is I will not be able to even hear that 110 idle much less take if for a test ride if I trade/sell my bike.  I know I am acting like a little girl, but I do get attached to my toys.  So I think I am in for a rather sleepless night (dealer called and said that with a grand down he would find me a citrus bike) but needs the money end of month.... Crap.  Hate to make a decision that I will regret as that happened with the last 2 CVO bikes I bought...giving up bikes that ran way better than the new ride.  Ok. Done whining.  Going out in the garage to sit on my bike. Spook.

It's getting around to the time where this thread needs to end.  Your a big boy, there's bikes out there if you want one, sounds to me like your looking for something to talk about which is OK  :2vrolijk_21:  that's what were here for, but it doesn't sound like your really looking to buy a new bike.  May as well start bragging about your 120 and tell us about that!
Full Sac X-Pipe,
Full Sac 2.25 cores
TTS Mastertune
Progressive Monotubes
Progressive 94 Shocks
Andrews 30t sprocket
Wind Splitter Windscreen

spook120

• Senior CVO Member
« Reply #38 on: February 02, 2012, 03:59:10 PM »

Agreed.  Time to end thread.  Decision will depend on if I can sell bike to private party.  Thanks for all the input and opinions.  Mods please close this thread. Spook.

2018_FLTRXSE

• 1K CVO Member
  • Wait 6 months?... YES it was worth the wait!
    • HI

• CVO1: 2018_FLTRXSE, Gunship Grey, (Delivered July 28, 2018... after almost 9 )
    • CVO2: 2001_FLTRSEI, Grey/Black/Silver w/Hannigan Hack and a blast to ride.
    • CVO3: 2012_FLTRXSE, Maple/Black (Delivered 1/20/2012 - Traded 10/25/2017)
« Reply #39 on: February 02, 2012, 04:35:20 PM »

Good luck!

No more Hawaii HOG Rally... ask HOG why...

Pages: 1 2 [3]  All

Page created in 0.15 seconds with 25 queries.