Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Out of the garage ... finally!  (Read 1647 times)

Ripcord

• Junior CVO Member
  • www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • MA

Out of the garage ... finally!
« on: April 12, 2015, 08:49:03 PM »

Temps hit 60+ degrees today and it was the first chance for me to get my bike legs back and take a ride. Also the first chance to ride after all the mods completed this winter. Foremost was testing out the Ohlins front and rear shocks and I can now say "the money was well spent." What a difference especially when I missed a pothole (or should I say hit) - no more being thrown up in the air or having my back compressed. Front and back shocks are really working well. Took it up to 80 mph and did a few maneuvers around slower traffic and it handles great.
Next up was seat of the pants impression of the V&H power duals and HO slip ons with carbon fiber tips. Yeeha!, nice pull thru the gears and the bike sounds like a Harley but certainly not obnoxiously so. No heat issues either but I guess a 60 degree day is not the same as an 80 degree day. Did a few tight turns without any dragging noises from below. Very pleased with the results.
Highway driving gave me the opportunity to experience the wind/turbulence management now that I have added Sancho Wings to the various GADS wind deflectors and Madstad. Definitely felt an improvement - highway 70-85 mph and no aggravating turbulence and the bike tracked true with no buffeting.
All-in-all a great riding day. I spent a bunch over the winter buying and doing the mods and was a bit worried I wouldn't see any benefit. I can now say it was all worth it.
Shot a couple of pics that I'm calling Urban Grit .... gotta get a better camera!
12" Buky Malos and engine guard, Le Pera Continental, Zumo 665 nav, black lower legs, matching TourPak, Madstad windshield, and lots of other "stuff"

SDCVO

• 2.5K CVO Member
  • 19 CVO RG-12 CVO RG
    • CA

• CVO1: 2019 Mako Shark Roadglide
    • CVO2: 2012 Maple Roadglide
    • CVO3: 2019 BMW K1600 Grand America
Re: Out of the garage ... finally!
« Reply #1 on: April 13, 2015, 12:35:37 AM »

Temps hit 60+ degrees today and it was the first chance for me to get my bike legs back and take a ride. Also the first chance to ride after all the mods completed this winter. Foremost was testing out the Ohlins front and rear shocks and I can now say "the money was well spent." What a difference especially when I missed a pothole (or should I say hit) - no more being thrown up in the air or having my back compressed. Front and back shocks are really working well. Took it up to 80 mph and did a few maneuvers around slower traffic and it handles great.
Next up was seat of the pants impression of the V&H power duals and HO slip ons with carbon fiber tips. Yeeha!, nice pull thru the gears and the bike sounds like a Harley but certainly not obnoxiously so. No heat issues either but I guess a 60 degree day is not the same as an 80 degree day. Did a few tight turns without any dragging noises from below. Very pleased with the results.
Highway driving gave me the opportunity to experience the wind/turbulence management now that I have added Sancho Wings to the various GADS wind deflectors and Madstad. Definitely felt an improvement - highway 70-85 mph and no aggravating turbulence and the bike tracked true with no buffeting.
All-in-all a great riding day. I spent a bunch over the winter buying and doing the mods and was a bit worried I wouldn't see any benefit. I can now say it was all worth it.
Shot a couple of pics that I'm calling Urban Grit .... gotta get a better camera!
Did you have to send your forks in to do the front Ohlins?
Alan

bandit

• 1K CVO Member

• CVO1: FLTRSE3, TP, Saddleman Explorer
« Reply #2 on: April 13, 2015, 03:20:54 AM »

nice bike yout got there  :2vrolijk_21:
It is not that we have less time, it is much time that we use wrong.

Ripcord

• Junior CVO Member
  • www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • MA

« Reply #3 on: April 13, 2015, 06:35:11 AM »

FKC front forks installed at HD dealer. These are non-ajustable and come with detailed instructions and fork oil. Anyone who can change their forks springs (not me!) can do this swap.
12" Buky Malos and engine guard, Le Pera Continental, Zumo 665 nav, black lower legs, matching TourPak, Madstad windshield, and lots of other "stuff"

Page created in 0.15 seconds with 23 queries.