Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Dang RAINOUT!  (Read 1342 times)

2018_FLTRXSE

• 1K CVO Member
  • Wait 6 months?... YES it was worth the wait!
    • HI

• CVO1: 2018_FLTRXSE, Gunship Grey, (Delivered July 28, 2018... after almost 9 )
    • CVO2: 2001_FLTRSEI, Grey/Black/Silver w/Hannigan Hack and a blast to ride.
    • CVO3: 2012_FLTRXSE, Maple/Black (Delivered 1/20/2012 - Traded 10/25/2017)
Dang RAINOUT!
« on: March 14, 2009, 03:58:59 PM »

Well, today was supposed to be a "burrito breakfast day" at a members house on the other side of the island...

LAst night just before 10 it rained... then stopped.

Roads were just about dry by the time I left at 11pm... nice ride home with stars out, though it was a little chilly for Hawaii.

I get up this morning and hear HARD RAIN.... the doppler radar shows the WHOLE ISLAND in rain... so much for burritos...

I had planned on staying home to do some car stuff anyway... but can't do that either!

There is a mountain somewhere behind that white stuff.

No more Hawaii HOG Rally... ask HOG why...

2018_FLTRXSE

• 1K CVO Member
    • HI

• CVO1: 2018_FLTRXSE, Gunship Grey, (Delivered July 28, 2018... after almost 9 )
Re: Dang RAINOUT!
« Reply #1 on: March 14, 2009, 06:29:22 PM »

bummer! well it crossed over the pond to our neck of the woods. all wet for the next week possibly more snow next weekend! :drink: :drink: :drink:

Damn that stuff travels fast...

Looks like its starting to clear... just in time for me to go to work.

Jock

• Keep the Faith!
  • Photographer/Historian
  • 25K CVO Member
  • Are You Valley Experienced?
« Reply #2 on: March 14, 2009, 09:30:59 PM »

I am having a hard time providing you any sympathy given your location...there will be many more days for you to ride in the area unlike the majority of the site...

Sorry for the rain but enjoy the remaining 80% of the year you ride in fair weather!

;) :D

2018_FLTRXSE

• 1K CVO Member
    • HI

« Reply #3 on: March 14, 2009, 11:05:50 PM »

I am having a hard time providing you any sympathy given your location...there will be many more days for you to ride in the area unlike the majority of the site...

Sorry for the rain but enjoy the remaining 80% of the year you ride in fair weather!

;) :D

So... yes, it started to clear, the roads were almost dry... so I started getting ready for work... denim jeans, long sleeve T, boots and a denim jacket with my vest over that... Then I hear it AGAIN.. frigging rain was back...

Grabbed my chaps, leather jacket, and my modular helmet... as I pull out of the driveway, the rain stops, followed by immediate sunshine...

I swear someone up there is messing with me...

now I'm all geared up and the rain is quickly evaporating off the roadways... fogging the faceshield and making it a might uncomfortable...

Of course, by the time I get to work its completely dry and only the bike is dirty... dammit!

Page created in 0.214 seconds with 22 queries.