Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Not A Fun Ride Home!  (Read 1817 times)

Porschestan

• Elite CVO Member

• CVO1: 2012 CVO Softail Convertible
Not A Fun Ride Home!
« on: July 01, 2012, 10:54:22 AM »

Yes it was going to be a hot day,but...We got up early for a "short" ride to Glendale HD.  They were advertising those usual gigs, you know: band, beer, sale on clothes,etc..
Going was nice enough, mostly regular traffic, big trucks, but traffic was moving Nice.  Arrived at the dealer, my wife found some "bargains".  Left about a hour later back home..
The Ventura Freeway was the Parking Lot From Hell! Between being over 100 degrees, and that engine burning up our rear ends we were trashed by the time we got home..Ever ounce of energy was was spent, no real side rode to detour to.  In retrospect should have gotten off fry and waited in a air conditioned restaurant.  Just wanted to share our misery! That Engine got hot, but preform flawlessly...won't take a ride like that again!  Thanks for listening! :-\

GregKhougaz

• It's a Two Wheeled World.
  • Global Moderator
  • 5k CVO Member
    • CA

• CVO1: '22 BMW Grand America
    • CVO2: '18 Porsche C4 GTS
    • CVO3: '22 Porsche Macan GTS and my mountain bike.
Re: Not A Fun Ride Home!
« Reply #1 on: July 01, 2012, 12:12:54 PM »

Stan, 

A friend and I were at Glendale HD and it was warm.  We left about 1:00 and headed up the 2 to the 210.  In Azuza, we hit Glendora Canyon Road to get up in the mountains.  Then we took Glendora Ridge Road Mt. Baldy.  Thats road might be one of the great secrets in Southern California for motorcycles; great scenery and twistys.  It was a beautiful ride and much cooler.  We had refreshments at the Mt. Baldy Restaurant before heading back to Santa Monica.  The only bad traffic I hit was through downtown Los Angeles.   Maybe we should touch base next time? 

GK

"We've got some tall tales we love to tell.  They may not be true but we sure do remember them well." 
 Sawyer Brown

When you come to a fork in the road... take it!

Porschestan

• Elite CVO Member

« Reply #2 on: July 01, 2012, 03:01:24 PM »

Stan, 

A friend and I were at Glendale HD and it was warm.  We left about 1:00 and headed up the 2 to the 210.  In Azuza, we hit Glendora Canyon Road to get up in the mountains.  Then we took Glendora Ridge Road Mt. Baldy.  Thats road might be one of the great secrets in Southern California for motorcycles; great scenery and twistys.  It was a beautiful ride and much cooler.  We had refreshments at the Mt. Baldy Restaurant before heading back to Santa Monica.  The only bad traffic I hit was through downtown Los Angeles.   Maybe we should touch base next time? 

GK

Thanks would love to hook up one day soon.  I am a fairly new rider, so I have to choose my routes carefully, I need to continue practicing...99% of the time my wife is on with me so even more care is required.  Since we live in the Agoura area going through the canyon to PCH is easy..it's going to be a long hot summer, the seaside routes will be more enjoyable.  Yesterday coming home was miserable, but undeniably great practice.

Hope to see you soon, maybe lunch somewhere on PCH?

Stan

GregKhougaz

• Global Moderator
  • 5k CVO Member
    • CA

« Reply #3 on: July 02, 2012, 12:44:16 PM »

Hey Stan,

Lunch on PCH sounds great.  Agoura is a fine location.   There are plenty of good practice roads in the Santa Monica Mountains.  The is also a great spot near the Rock Store called The Old Place on Mullholland Highway.   I'll pm my cell...

GK

"We've got some tall tales we love to tell.  They may not be true but we sure do remember them well." 
 Sawyer Brown

Ironhorse

• Vendor
  • 2.5K CVO Member
    • CA

• CVO1: 2006 SE Ultra
    • CVO2: 2018 GoldWing DCT Airbag
« Reply #4 on: July 02, 2012, 02:04:43 PM »

Lunch on PCH sounds great.

Yes it does.
"But men are men, the best sometimes forget" Shakespeare, Othello Act 2, Scene 3

GregKhougaz

• Global Moderator
  • 5k CVO Member
    • CA

« Reply #5 on: July 02, 2012, 02:09:05 PM »

Yes it does.

Oh Mark! Get your "arse" back in the States so we can see you and know you're Okay!   

Greg

Sawyer Brown

DDavidson

• 1K CVO Member

• CVO1: 2009 FLTRSE3 Yellow Pearl/Charcoal Slate
« Reply #6 on: July 02, 2012, 02:18:21 PM »

Doodes,

The heat and on a 110 stuck in traffic is mega brutal!  

I was going to comment earlier but I got tied up in traffic coming from Laural Cyn onto the 101 North to the 405 south and then got off early at Wilshire because it always backs up before the 10, after that I took Bundy down to where it turns in to Centinela all the way to Venice Blvd to the Beach.  I had my Droid on charge the whole way so I could text my comment before I caught some waves, then enjoyed a nice glass of Napa Valley Chardonnay and a fresh basil caprese made with organic mozzarella from the farmer's market..  sweet..  Best thing to blast the heat..

Like Awlright   :bananarock: (Who named the yellow surfboard bananarock?)

??????? WHEN DID MARK LEAVE ???????
« Last Edit: July 02, 2012, 02:24:15 PM by DDavidson »
Semper Fi
Get your "Motor Running Head", out on the highway!

What we've got here is... failure to communicate. Some men you just can't reach. So you get what we had here last week, which is the way he wants it... well, he gets it. I don't like it any more than you men

GregKhougaz

• Global Moderator
  • 5k CVO Member
    • CA

« Reply #7 on: July 02, 2012, 02:43:32 PM »

Mark left a few weeks ago.  He is in Kuwait for a few days right now.   :nervous:  114* Yesterday. 

Sawyer Brown

Buy early

• 5k CVO Member
  • My future if I were Benjamin Button

• CVO1: 2001 FXDWG2 Switchblade - The Beast
    • CVO2: 2004 FXSTDSE2 Deuce - Beauty
« Reply #8 on: July 08, 2012, 11:05:48 AM »

Don't miss Southern California traffic! But you got to admit there's a lot of beautiful places to ride out there. Enjoy the ride.

Porschestan

• Elite CVO Member

« Reply #9 on: July 08, 2012, 11:28:11 AM »

Don't miss Southern California traffic! But you got to admit there's a lot of beautiful places to ride out there. Enjoy the ride.
You are right, we have beautiful places to ride and we did just that yesterday in the canyons above Malibu after a great lunch on Pacific Coast Hwy, meeting up with a great bunch of CVO members....just have to avoid that Traffic.  Great fun, had no traffic yesterday!!!

Page created in 0.184 seconds with 23 queries.