Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Ultracoolfl oil cooler  (Read 3147 times)

indcoltz

• Full CVO Member
Ultracoolfl oil cooler
« on: December 07, 2010, 12:48:31 PM »

Does anyone have or had any experience with this Ultracoolfl oil cooler?? It looks like it would work, you have to remove your stock oil cooler and move your regulator in place where your stock oil cooler was. Then it appears this thing mounts between the two down tubes just above where the regulator used to set. It has a thermostatic controlled fan that actually pulls the air thru it. From the pictures I saw posted it looks like it will fit between the lower fairings. I have tried calling them twice and e-mailed them twice with no return.
www.Ultracoolfl.com is the website address if anyone wants to check it out.

cwright2

• Junior CVO Member
Re: Ultracoolfl oil cooler
« Reply #1 on: December 07, 2010, 01:34:12 PM »

yes I put one on my 03 RG it seemed to work really good. the install wasn't bad either.

cvobiker

• 2.5K CVO Member
« Reply #2 on: December 07, 2010, 04:36:16 PM »

I've heard good comments from folks using them,, and the same with the BUD oil cooler. The Harley Deluxe seems to do the job for me and most folks. except on very hot days in slow traffic,,, and i don't think there is anything thats going to fix those conditions other then taking a rest stop at the next nearest exit   :nixweiss:
« Last Edit: December 07, 2010, 04:37:50 PM by cvobiker »

Rooster

• 5k CVO Member
  • FLhtcuse2.ORG
« Reply #3 on: December 07, 2010, 05:22:58 PM »

Check out Enigma Concepts Inc. CAOCS 1. Much better looking unit (chrome), and comes with a second part that has a fan to blow across the cylinders. Very nice people to deal with. Tell them Terry (Rooster) from Oregon sent you and you are from this site. There are pictures of it on my bike under " installed new oil cooler"

J.S.H.

« Reply #4 on: December 07, 2010, 06:49:01 PM »

Does anyone know what the "new" oil cooler is or does on the 2011 CVO's as compared the earlier years?

cvobiker

• 2.5K CVO Member
« Reply #5 on: December 07, 2010, 11:11:19 PM »

Check out Enigma Concepts Inc. CAOCS 1. Much better looking unit (chrome), and comes with a second part that has a fan to blow across the cylinders. Very nice people to deal with. Tell them Terry (Rooster) from Oregon sent you and you are from this site. There are pictures of it on my bike under " installed new oil cooler"

curious,,,, what was your before operating temps and after operating temps.... I believe you have a Jims 131 - right???/

Rooster

• 5k CVO Member
  • FLhtcuse2.ORG
« Reply #6 on: December 08, 2010, 12:12:18 AM »

Yes 131. After good and warmed up oil temp 225-230. After bumping through several lights 230-235 before would be 245 and more. Once the fans start working they keep running and sometimes will drop the temp clear back to 210 running down the freeway. So far have only tested up to 75 outside so will see once the temps get up 85 and above. I did run just the bottom unit for a bit and for the most part did the same as the stock unit. The difference is when you add the top unit and they work together. I do notice the hot air hitting my right leg but it blows by rather than just building up getting hotter. So far just one thousand miles. It is not a huge difference but enough that I'm happy the difference it does make. My 110 was much hotter even tuned.

cvobiker

• 2.5K CVO Member
« Reply #7 on: December 08, 2010, 09:14:10 AM »

I have a broken Lanele, which I plan to fix before summer and very impressed with air the fan kicks out and it defiantly did help in slow moving traffic. I understand the concept with your setup which is basically a lower oil cooler unit and and parade duty type fan working in combo. I'm just currious, is the lower oil cooler unit also fan assist?

FR8TRN

• 1K CVO Member
  • Ya ever take a crap so big your pants fit better??
« Reply #8 on: December 08, 2010, 11:19:35 AM »

I have one on mine, it works well, I removed the temp control for turning on the fan and have it hooked up to the brake light, if the brake is on, it's on, certainly don't need it on if I'm moving.  My oil temps were running really high (280+) before installation (no factory cooler), they stay around 220-230 now in 90-100* days.  Installation was easy, I will say get the stop for the filter adapter though, mine spun the first time I tried changing the oil, ended up making one myself.  They have good service also, I had an oil leak about 6 months after installing it, the elbow connector at the cooler had the threads shredded when "they" installed it, another was sent and to me in a couple days, no charge (as it should be), they sent a whole new unit minus the filter adapter.  The cover for it is kinda cheesey, if my bike wasn't black I'd probably have it painted.....

That said, not sure I'd remove an existing cooler to put this on.  The factory cooler is plenty and there are fan kits available for it if you feel the need to blow some air across it when stopped.

Rooster

• 5k CVO Member
  • FLhtcuse2.ORG
« Reply #9 on: December 08, 2010, 11:31:55 AM »

I have a broken Lanele, which I plan to fix before summer and very impressed with air the fan kicks out and it defiantly did help in slow moving traffic. I understand the concept with your setup which is basically a lower oil cooler unit and and parade duty type fan working in combo. I'm just currious, is the lower oil cooler unit also fan assist?
Yes the bottom unit is enclosed but screened on both ends with a fan on one end it blows across and out the other end. After install I watched as the oil temp got to 165 it came on. After sitting through a bunch of red lights and then getting on the freeway the temps slowly start going down. The oil filter adapter is better than the Jag one I had on my old RK as that one would twist and this one does not. The only thing I would advise is don't cut the oil hoses to short as they lay over the oil filter and can make it a little tough changing the filter out.

indcoltz

• Full CVO Member
« Reply #10 on: December 10, 2010, 08:58:01 PM »

Just spoke with Robert, the developer of this UltraCoolfl oil cooler and he advised me that he has a new thermostat that goes on the oil filter bracket. He stated it's suppose to turn the cooler on at a more accurate temp reading than the ones we are getting from our gauges. He said he is waiting on some gaskets and as soon as he gets them and does a little more testing he will be glad too start taking orders on them. I hoping he will have them done in January so I can do some testing myself.

Page created in 0.157 seconds with 25 queries.