Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Harley & Buell  (Read 1117 times)

muddypaws

• 5k CVO Member
  • 2012 FLHTCUS7

• CVO1: 2005 CVO
    • CVO2: 2009 CVO SEUC
    • CVO3: 2017 CVO LIMITED
    • Re/Max
Bill

RivRaptor

• Senior CVO Member
  • www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • CA

Re: Harley & Buell
« Reply #1 on: December 31, 2019, 05:10:17 PM »

The author (no cap deserved) is a moron.  Himself not even been riding a whole year and has solely figured out Harley's problems! HD's large displacement bikes have to much power, even the 500cc bike (used for training classes) and this is the reason young people don't like HD's.  The author would prefer a lighter 250cc Suzuki that more than likely has more peaky hp (harder to ride for a newbie) and could out run the low end torque HD (easier to ride). Wow, I hope HD reads this article it could save them with the millennials if they hurry up and make a 250cc bike.  Note:  We started my other half on a new 16' 48 Sporty (1200) and couldn't be happier with that discission.  She sits flat footed, knee bent on the 48' and has a low center of gravity, smooth controllable torque (hard to stall even for a beginner) and power to grow when needed, a very easy bike to ride & control (10k on bike now).  In conclusion I will state that I hope the author of the article lives in a small town because a 250cc bike on our SoCal roads & freeways is basically akin to suicide.  Just my opinion...
« Last Edit: December 31, 2019, 05:14:25 PM by RivRaptor »
2017 CVO Street Glide-Dark Slate Candy & Artic Black

Sometimes it's the people who no one imagines anything of that do the things that no one can imagine

J.D.

« Reply #2 on: December 31, 2019, 05:28:37 PM »

Independent of the article, I still can't understand the HD decision to kill Buell - the Sportster drivetrain-based sportbike.  What a great way to get younger people into the showroom and have a path from sportbike to cruiser to touring.

mark

« Reply #3 on: December 31, 2019, 11:51:56 PM »

Independent of the article, I still can't understand the HD decision to kill Buell - the Sportster drivetrain-based sportbike.  What a great way to get younger people into the showroom and have a path from sportbike to cruiser to touring.
Hindsight is always 20-20.  Had HD kept Buell, they’d have a great platform for the Adventure and Sport Bike segment, w/o the stigma of being an old guy bike.  Oh, well...

Page created in 0.128 seconds with 25 queries.