Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Quick release tour pak on a 08CUSE3  (Read 3104 times)

treadz

• CVO FLHTCUSE 08
Quick release tour pak on a 08CUSE3
« on: October 12, 2007, 04:02:17 PM »

Has anyone switched over to a quick release tour pak on a 08 CVO Ultra

D_Lord

• FLHRSEI.ORG

• CVO1: 2013 SE Roadking
Re: Quick release tour pak on a 08CUSE3
« Reply #1 on: October 23, 2007, 03:28:43 PM »

I have. No real problems except where to hide all the cables.

Jim

• Full CVO Member
  • One Day At A Time
« Reply #2 on: October 23, 2007, 04:24:50 PM »

Getting ready to start the conversion. I want to do my homework before I start. I have reviewed most of the threads on this website and have decided to go with the Hawg-Wired amps set up with the Dakota digital antenna in the fairing, using the HD quick release mounting kit. It looks like I will probably have to pull the gas tank to remove the cables to the amp. I need to see what bike looks like before I decide to relocate license plate. I would also like to replace rear suspension with the Progressive 440 shocks and Progressive front springs. Just wondering if I can relocate the CB antenna to the rear using HD antenna relaction kit? I would like to talk to anyone who has done this setup on 07-or U8 Ultra SE. Does the rear filler strips have to be modified for adding quick realease kit? Good luck with your project.

Jim
SE A/f
SE Mufflers
SE Race Tuner

treadz

• CVO FLHTCUSE 08
« Reply #3 on: October 23, 2007, 04:37:42 PM »

I was thinking of making a new harness that connected all under the seat. One of my concerns is the ABS, is there anything attached to the tour pak that maybe in relay?

Jim

• Full CVO Member
  • One Day At A Time
« Reply #4 on: October 23, 2007, 06:14:22 PM »

The problem with leaving and using the original harness is that when you remove tour pack (and amp) you will have no radio function at all. In that case of adding a new connector for you would only have radio function when the tour pak and amp are on bike. The wiring harness is an overlay running to the back and then back up front. You can remove the amp and harness and rehook up front speakers with out adding Hawg-Wired amp and still have front speakers working like standard radio system. There is no ABS parts mounted in or on the tour pack. Most of ABS components are behind right side cover.

JIM
SE A/f
SE Mufflers
SE Race Tuner

Chief

• 5k CVO Member
  • EBCM #4-3/8
« Reply #5 on: October 23, 2007, 06:19:46 PM »

Getting ready to start the conversion. I want to do my homework before I start. I have reviewed most of the threads on this website and have decided to go with the Hawg-Wired amps set up with the Dakota digital antenna in the fairing, using the HD quick release mounting kit. It looks like I will probably have to pull the gas tank to remove the cables to the amp. I need to see what bike looks like before I decide to relocate license plate. I would also like to replace rear suspension with the Progressive 440 shocks and Progressive front springs. Just wondering if I can relocate the CB antenna to the rear using HD antenna relaction kit? I would like to talk to anyone who has done this setup on 07-or U8 Ultra SE. Does the rear filler strips have to be modified for adding quick realease kit? Good luck with your project.

Jim

Since so much has changed around the gas tank for 2008, I don't know if this is still the case, but at least on the 07's, the amp harness ran over the tank, not under. What I have seen of the 08's is that they have moved MORE wires on top of the tank, so my guess is that this is still the case with the 08's.

I'm just guessing here.

As far as relocating the CB antenna, no, it can't be done with a relocation kit. There is a load coil in the back right corner of the TP for the CB antenna that would need to be located somewhere else. I don't know of a good way to accomplish having the CB functional without the TP.

:indian_chief:

:indian_chief:

skyglide

• 1K CVO Member

• CVO1: FLHXSE (concord)
« Reply #6 on: October 23, 2007, 09:18:54 PM »

Jim
PM me for any help you may need.

hd-dude

• Global Moderator
  • 5k CVO Member
  • 2005 Cherry FLHTCSE2 "Obsession"

• CVO1: 05 FLHTCSE2
    • Metal Dragon
« Reply #7 on: October 24, 2007, 12:13:30 AM »

Jim

Jim;
I have done several of these and can help out with any questions you have as well as set you up with the parts. I'll PM you my number.

Page created in 1.334 seconds with 22 queries.