Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: CVO, '06-08  (Read 1924 times)

chief 447

CVO, '06-08
« on: April 26, 2010, 10:53:37 AM »

Hi Guys: my fist question on your Great site!: wanting to upgrade to a CVO, is it best to purchase a 103, or 110 , engine, and what year is preferred? Could also go to '09- '10 , but not sure of the stiff ride etc. from new frame etc.
Also , does anyone know if on the '08 Ann. paint copper and black, is the CVO Ultra a different copper shade as opposed to the non CVO" s of same? Anyone selling a nice one of the above models? :orange:
Thanks,
Chief 447
'08 se ultra , Bub 7 true duals,K&N , SE pro tuner, Progress Suspension 1 " lower touring shocks & P.S. lowered mono tube cartridge , 6 enhanced speakers, Ipad touch w/ riders claw ,&l ots of bling!
'03 ultra, SE motor done up,! Rinehart's duals, bling. SOLD!
'99 Indian chief, cams ,pistons , thunderheader
"00 Donny Smith, custom 1 off. the "Ultimate Sacrifice", TP 107"  modified,  award wining custom paint.

BayouBiker

• Patriot Guard - HOG - ABATE
  • 1K CVO Member

• CVO1: '07 Cherry Jester 110"
    • CVO2: '99 FXDWG 96"
    • CVO3: 'BSR'
    • photos by Tiki Tom
Re: CVO, '06-08
« Reply #1 on: April 26, 2010, 10:54:45 AM »

I say go with a 103" or go 'brand new'...

(I have an '07 SEUC)
Live - Love - Ride
         :-*

Guardian Angels are everywhere! When they don't have wings, I call them friends.

BUBBLEHEAD

• Elite CVO Member

• CVO1: 2021 FLTRXSE CVO Road Glide Bronze Armor
« Reply #2 on: April 26, 2010, 04:29:49 PM »

Yes the copper black 08 is differant in cvo flavor much better color than the production bikes.

There are some nice bikes on EBAY at the moment.

gemiller111

• Guy III

• CVO1: 2007 FLHTCUSE2, Stage 1, V&H Monster Ovals, Random tasteful bling
« Reply #3 on: April 26, 2010, 05:23:05 PM »

If you are going to buy used, I'd look for the paint and appearance that you like the best and forget about the 103 vs. 110 issue.  I would however, be sure to check the service history of the bike.  I think it just depends on who was working the production line the day the enginer was built.  My '07 110 has never given a lick of trouble and been a strong performer.  A close friend had his '06 103 break twice.  You will find folks that have issues with one or the other and folks who have had no issue at all. So buy a bike with a solid service record- stock or Stage One preferable so you know you are not getting any possible less-than-optimal engine upgrade issues- and get the look you want.  My $.02.

Guy
Director- Bleu Bayou HOG Chapter
Life Member

chief 447

« Reply #4 on: April 26, 2010, 09:15:38 PM »

Thanks to all who have respondrd so far! I thought there were colour diif. in the cvo's in Ann. colour 's for '08,  so thanks.
There was a real new "08 SEUG , 200 miles , was speaking with the guy yesterday and today, now he imforms me its OFF the market?!
Back to the drawing board, kep the input coming, I need it!
Chief447
'08 se ultra , Bub 7 true duals,K&N , SE pro tuner, Progress Suspension 1 " lower touring shocks & P.S. lowered mono tube cartridge , 6 enhanced speakers, Ipad touch w/ riders claw ,&l ots of bling!
"00 Donny Smith, custom 1 off. the "Ultimate Sacrifice", TP 107"  modified,  award wining custom paint.

SixGun

• Senior CVO Member
  • "Life is too short to drink out-of-date beer"
« Reply #5 on: April 26, 2010, 10:26:33 PM »

Go with the one that has the new frame...end of story!

However, since I have an 07' that bike that's for sale on here is nice! I see you're talking to him, that bike has alot of extras for the money.
« Last Edit: April 27, 2010, 09:46:25 AM by SixGun »
Unapologetically American!

Chains

• 5k CVO Member
  • 2006 FLHTCUSE
    • FL

« Reply #6 on: April 27, 2010, 08:44:24 PM »

Go for the one you want, we will like whatever you choose
2009 FLHTCUSE
12 inch Monkey bars
Stage one kit
Fullsac SS titanium coated DX dual pipe
Kuryakyn 4 inch Mellow Crushers
Color Matched Bushtec Turbo 2
1st Active member of the CVO Critter Gawkers Society

chief 447

« Reply #7 on: April 27, 2010, 11:30:36 PM »

Thanks for info : Its been a great help so far..esp. to ugultrac;sixgun;gemiller111;bubblehead;sixgun!!
so I posted on wanted.. '06- '09 CVO CUSE , looking for a good home, and want to sell? or know anyone?
Thanks,
chief447
ps this site is like another Great one I belong to BMW's  mpower... super knowledgable members like you all!

kraut

• 1K CVO Member
  • Ride & Have Fun

• CVO1: FLHTCUSE4
    • Harley Café Dresden
« Reply #8 on: April 28, 2010, 02:59:44 AM »

Hi Chief,

I know I'll risk a severe bashing - but stay away from 07 and 08. Those were the experimental engines, some were lucky but many were not.

The 06 didn't give many trouble and the 09 neither, about the 10 we don't know so much yet but it seems the MoCo stayed mainly away from introducing new failures  ;)

If you intend to ride a lot, fast and far go for 09 or 10. The improved engine design, new frame, ABS and bigger tank are worth the money  :2vrolijk_21:

Beware of heavily customized and engine-modified bikes if you don't know for sure who did the work - and don't look for very low mileages: those bikes don't suffer from riding, they suffer from standing around. A 06 with just some 100 m is to be treated with the greatest caution.

Just my 2 cents, no disrespect intended to those who choose to live with the faults of 07 or 08   ;D
CU on the road, Hans

Ride & Have Fun

gemiller111

• Guy III

• CVO1: 2007 FLHTCUSE2, Stage 1, V&H Monster Ovals, Random tasteful bling
« Reply #9 on: April 28, 2010, 11:50:31 AM »

Consider yourself severely beaten.  My '07 has no faults.  Whatever engine upgrades were needed for my 110 were done for free by the MoCo and the engine has never stumbled once either before or after.  And while I admire the newer exhaust configuration, the larger tank is not enough of a draw for me and I don't miss a frame I've never had.  Also- the newer bikes come with cheaper floor boards, grips and foot controls.  My $.02 is the controls on the '07 look MUCH nicer.  My friends with '09s and '10s admit to being a little jealous of the '07's better looking controls.  (Most also like contrasting the black dash vs. the same-color dash of their bikes.)  It is all a matter of personal opinion.

(OK- I would be fine with owning a new bike- I did like the red '09 and I do like the new black '10.5- but I would definitely upgrade the bland controls and that would cost a lot!  I have no yearning to get rid of my '07, however, it is a sweet ride and gives no problems.)

Guy
« Last Edit: April 29, 2010, 04:53:21 PM by gemiller111 »
Director- Bleu Bayou HOG Chapter
Life Member

scottt

• Elite CVO Member
« Reply #10 on: April 29, 2010, 06:21:44 PM »

I have a 2007 SEUC and have had no problems since the recall was done. I installed the Mono Tube kit in the front end and Progressive 440's in the rear, the bike runs and rides really nice. Would I prefer the new frame? Yes..It's really about finances. If money is not a problem, go with a 09 or 10, if money matters much at all, I really think you would be happy with a 2007 or 2008. One of the other things I like about the 2007 is the leather tour pack. In my view, it has a real custom look and stands apart from a new Limited. I would stay with a 2007 or newer to get the six speed transmission, that is a reall biggie.

You can get a extended service contract on used bikes and I would recommend it. That way you can ride without a concern. As I said, it really comes down to money, if I had unlimited funds I would have a new bike every year, I don't so I enjoy what I have.
Scott

Page created in 0.157 seconds with 22 queries.