Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Alarm problems!!!  (Read 1197 times)

twincam

Alarm problems!!!
« on: August 15, 2006, 09:18:03 PM »

Has anyone besides myself run into any alarm problems? about a month ago I took a 500 mile trip when I pulled in at the house and garaged the bike (without setting the alarm) the siren began chripping, a couple of chirps then it would stop, then in about 5 min it went off again and again. I got out the owners manual and went through the reprogramming process as if the battery had been disconnected. this last weekend we went for another ride and the alarm went crazy. without being activated it would go after shut down, then it began chirpping while riding down the road!!!  has anyone had this problem? could it possibly be a low battery on the siren? when I took it in for the ignition repair (recall) I left the key but not the fob, the tech said the alarm went off for a long time when he pulled a fuse and the battery in the siren may have gotten low we checked the alarm at that time and seemed fine!!! any answers are appreciated

fxdjerry

• Senior CVO Member
Re: Alarm problems!!!
« Reply #1 on: August 15, 2006, 10:34:22 PM »

I got the opposite problem with mine in an 07 it wants to be a mute. But I think I remember in the shop manual  that a low battery in the siren would be indicated by three chirps as opposed to two when arming. Which now that I think of it makes even less sense. If the battery is low why do you want to make it chirp more? The batteries are rated at 3 to 6 years life.The whole shootin match charges off the vehicle battery which I think has to be 12.5 volts. Don't think I helped but I feel your pain.

arcticdude

• 1K CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG
« Reply #2 on: August 16, 2006, 09:52:26 AM »

I'll lay odds your alarm control has gone out.  On my 01' I had the Thunderpage system- which certainly looks like they make them for HD- did about the same thing while I was in Fairbanks for a lunch ride.  After talking with Thunderpage about it,  they had me test a bunch of stuff after I got home.  Turned out the "brain" had gone south.  They sent out a new one and never had any more problems with it.
don't waste your time with a usa-spec ipod adapter- chitty products with chitty support

fxdjerry

• Senior CVO Member
« Reply #3 on: August 16, 2006, 09:48:14 PM »

Just changed the battery today and the siren is working again

twincam

« Reply #4 on: August 17, 2006, 12:10:44 AM »

fxdjerry,
          are you saying the 9 volt battery in the siren charges off the bikes charging system?

VAZHOG

• 1K CVO Member
« Reply #5 on: August 17, 2006, 05:21:26 AM »

fxdjerry,

twincam

« Reply #6 on: August 17, 2006, 08:54:12 PM »

talked to the dealer today there replacing the alarm!!! ;) ;D

Page created in 0.19 seconds with 25 queries.