Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4  All

Author Topic: Scared to buy a 2019 CVO Road Glide  (Read 8877 times)

SIX38

• Senior CVO Member

• CVO1: 2009 Ultra Classic Ruby Red / Maroon (traded in)
    • CVO2: 2019 Road Glide Mako Fade
Re: Scared to buy a 2019 CVO Road Glide
« Reply #30 on: May 03, 2019, 01:02:36 AM »

UPDATE
Dropped Road Glide off at my dealer Saturday 4/27. The 69 mile trip to dealer caused another loss of tranny oil. Dealer quickly contacted MOCO, received and installed the #94100065 primary vent kit. They removed the factory installed washer from the clutch rod as directed by the installation instructions. Replaced fluids to the proper levels and bike was ready to go this morning, 5/2. I spent the rest of day riding 150 miles, varying from bumper to bumper, 75+ mph expressway, stop and go local roads and some twisty back roads. I allowed the bike to heat up in the bumper to bumper traffic and then stopped for lunch to allow some heating and cooling.
Checked all levels after returning home and allowing bike to cool to ambient temp. Happy to report all 3 levels were exactly where they started from. Good news and of course I will be keeping a close eye on this. By the way, awesome bike!!
Just for the record, bill would have been $459.45 if not covered by warranty.
Tom P.

flash1034

• CA

• CVO1: 2019 CVO Road Glide-Red Pepper
« Reply #31 on: May 03, 2019, 11:39:02 AM »

UPDATE
Dropped Road Glide off at my dealer Saturday 4/27. The 69 mile trip to dealer caused another loss of tranny oil. Dealer quickly contacted MOCO, received and installed the #94100065 primary vent kit. They removed the factory installed washer from the clutch rod as directed by the installation instructions. Replaced fluids to the proper levels and bike was ready to go this morning, 5/2. I spent the rest of day riding 150 miles, varying from bumper to bumper, 75+ mph expressway, stop and go local roads and some twisty back roads. I allowed the bike to heat up in the bumper to bumper traffic and then stopped for lunch to allow some heating and cooling.
Checked all levels after returning home and allowing bike to cool to ambient temp. Happy to report all 3 levels were exactly where they started from. Good news and of course I will be keeping a close eye on this. By the way, awesome bike!!
Tom P.

Thanks for the info. 200 miles on my new one and, so far, so good. 
2019 CVO Road Glide
Red Pepper/Magnetic Gray

chriscalabro

« Reply #32 on: May 03, 2019, 07:24:46 PM »

I am at 750 miles in New Hampshire on my mako fade. love it so far so good. will keep an eye on this forum to gauge others success.

GB506

• Junior CVO Member
  • www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • WI

• CVO1: 2019 FLHXSE
« Reply #33 on: May 03, 2019, 08:40:02 PM »

Put on 250mi today after 1k service. No sumping, no transfer. All good!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2018_FLTRXSE

• 1K CVO Member
  • Wait 6 months?... YES it was worth the wait!
    • HI

• CVO1: 2018_FLTRXSE, Gunship Grey, (Delivered July 28, 2018... after almost 9 )
    • CVO2: 2001_FLTRSEI, Grey/Black/Silver w/Hannigan Hack and a blast to ride.
    • CVO3: 2012_FLTRXSE, Maple/Black (Delivered 1/20/2012 - Traded 10/25/2017)
« Reply #34 on: May 18, 2019, 07:19:09 PM »

I brought my new 2018 CVO Road Glide home at the end of December 2017. I've had no mechanical issues at all. I blew one of my saddlebag speakers and had it replaced under warranty and a headlight adjustment issue right out of the box but that's it other than money spent on mods like a new windshield, highway pegs, bars, lowers, oil cooler fan, Kury lic. plate frame, the complete Fullsac treatment, a quick release matching King Tour Pak, and a few other little goodies, this is by far the best Harley I have ever owned. Everything about it is amazing. Oh, and I have 14,000 miles on it already.

I would do it again in a heartbeat!

The M8 117 is a huge step above the TC110

Dont get me complaining about the damn boom II speakers!

Bought in Nov 2017 and took delivery in July 2018 due to Spinal Surgery I have virtually no complaints.

(Except the speakers)

Rides like the wind even stock. Handles like a dream. 7 k miles and very happy. Time for some upgrades from Steve at Fullsac.

Polished stainless hardware was a necessity.   Now a pipe, tune, cams and a tour pack will round it out for a better daily riding experience. 

Oil cooler fan is on order and will be done at the next service. I ride the '18 when I'm not riding my 01 with the 'hack.

No more Hawaii HOG Rally... ask HOG why...

flash1034

• CA

• CVO1: 2019 CVO Road Glide-Red Pepper
« Reply #35 on: May 23, 2019, 01:03:51 AM »

UPDATE
Tom P.

What symptoms was your bike exhibiting?   
2019 CVO Road Glide
Red Pepper/Magnetic Gray

85FXRS

• www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • IA

« Reply #36 on: May 24, 2019, 10:50:54 AM »

So  people know they have a motor sumping and are ok with it? So keep hoping it runs till warranty runs out then pay big time because  you  feel it's no big deal?

ScottAL

• Junior CVO Member
  • www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • AL

• CVO1: 2018 FLHTKSE
    • CVO2: 2016 FLTRUSE (traded)
« Reply #37 on: May 24, 2019, 07:16:30 PM »

So  people know they have a motor sumping and are ok with it? So keep hoping it runs till warranty runs out then pay big time because  you  feel it's no big deal?
??? I went back and reread this thread and can't find what you are referring to.

bf2002flht

• Junior CVO Member
  • for sale
« Reply #38 on: June 04, 2019, 04:10:12 PM »

I just traded in my 18 SGS for a 19 BMW K1600B bagger and I love it. Tranny fluid migration.

mark

« Reply #39 on: June 04, 2019, 07:32:20 PM »

I just traded in my 18 SGS for a 19 BMW K1600B bagger and I love it. Tranny fluid migration.
Thinking about doing the same...waiting to see what the 2020 K1600B looks like, changes, etc.  what are your impressions?

bf2002flht

• Junior CVO Member
  • for sale
« Reply #40 on: June 04, 2019, 07:53:34 PM »

Thinking about doing the same...waiting to see what the 2020 K1600B looks like, changes, etc.  what are your impressions?
I was very apprehensive, I am 3rd generation HD rider, but getting tired of the BS. I picked it up on a Wednesday afternoon and got rained on the way home (5 miles). Saturday comes and I head for the hills for a total of 291 miles just trying to figure it all out. Sunday another 253 miles. I can't believe how quick I got over the street glide! I still have HD's in the garage, but this is just a comfortable, quick, great handling machine. No regrets! To be completely honest if I was going to call anything out, it would be the stereo system volume/clarity, advantage HD on that, but for me that's not a deal breaker. Heated grips, heated rider/passenger seat tons of bells and whistles all included and cheaper than a street glide.  It Handles great, not even in the same ballpark, even after $$$ spent to upgrade the HD suspension. Oh, and fast from the get go too. No stage 1,2,3,4 needed. It's a little bit of a culture change, but as my friends stopped giving me grief from moving from HD, they are now talking about getting one. Do it.

les_garten

• I want a CUSE!!
« Reply #41 on: June 29, 2019, 07:59:56 AM »

People tend to post mostly  negative stuff, the good stuff usually doesn't get a fair shake.  I have a 17' CVO with 6500 miles so far that I ride pretty hard and no issues.  I came from Sport bikes and still own a few, as a matter of fact we just picked up the baby BMW CafĂ© Racer for my other half so we can have an occasional sport day ride (She rides a Sporty 48). My Ducati's have been collecting dust I ride my Harley so much!

Not everybody posts to specialty forums.

But one thing is for certain.   People getting multiple "new" replacement motors and having fail, after fail, after fail.  100% of the replacements have failed??  That's a problem everybody has.  The fix most likely "should" be a new crank case.  IMHO.  Oil pump not the problem.  It's a Dinosaur motor.  About as uncomplicated as an engine can be.  They have to know what is wrong and what the fix is.

mark

« Reply #42 on: June 29, 2019, 03:20:22 PM »

Not everybody posts to specialty forums.

But one thing is for certain.   People getting multiple "new" replacement motors and having fail, after fail, after fail.  100% of the replacements have failed??  That's a problem everybody has.  The fix most likely "should" be a new crank case.  IMHO.  Oil pump not the problem.  It's a Dinosaur motor.  About as uncomplicated as an engine can be.  They have to know what is wrong and what the fix is.
This has been discussed before.  The general consensus among most...HD has a bad M8 design and to correct the issue would mean replacing with a new oiling system - which would be a recall so financially devastating the MoCo would never initiate it.  Yes, I'm sure HD knows what the problem is and has a solution too.  The problem is cost.

kojak

• 1K CVO Member
« Reply #43 on: June 29, 2019, 03:41:58 PM »

I  have 20k miles on my 2017 cvo limited with zero issues, the motor is 100% stock except for slip-ons.
The M8 117 is a huge step above the TC110

Dont get me complaining about the damn boom II speakers!

Bought in Nov 2017 and took delivery in July 2018 due to Spinal Surgery I have virtually no complaints.

(Except the speakers)

Rides like the wind even stock. Handles like a dream. 7 k miles and very happy. Time for some upgrades from Steve at Fullsac.

Polished stainless hardware was a necessity.   Now a pipe, tune, cams and a tour pack will round it out for a better daily riding experience. 

Oil cooler fan is on order and will be done at the next service. I ride the '18 when I'm not riding my 01 with the 'hack.
kojak
2022 CVO RGL
2022 Apex FLTRK Traded
2021 CVO Limited Bronze Armor Sold
2019 RGS Billiard Blue Traded
2017 CVO Limited Spiked Olive Traded
2016 CVO SG Stardust Traded
2013 CVO RG Atomic Orange Sold
2010 CVO SG Cobalt Sold
2007 CVO RK Blue Traded
2005 CVO EG Teal Traded
And some 20 other bikes over 45 years

SDCVO

• 2.5K CVO Member
  • 19 CVO RG-12 CVO RG
    • CA

• CVO1: 2019 Mako Shark Roadglide
    • CVO2: 2012 Maple Roadglide
    • CVO3: 2019 BMW K1600 Grand America
« Reply #44 on: June 30, 2019, 12:07:52 AM »

I was very apprehensive, I am 3rd generation HD rider, but getting tired of the BS. I picked it up on a Wednesday afternoon and got rained on the way home (5 miles). Saturday comes and I head for the hills for a total of 291 miles just trying to figure it all out. Sunday another 253 miles. I can't believe how quick I got over the street glide! I still have HD's in the garage, but this is just a comfortable, quick, great handling machine. No regrets! To be completely honest if I was going to call anything out, it would be the stereo system volume/clarity, advantage HD on that, but for me that's not a deal breaker. Heated grips, heated rider/passenger seat tons of bells and whistles all included and cheaper than a street glide.  It Handles great, not even in the same ballpark, even after $$$ spent to upgrade the HD suspension. Oh, and fast from the get go too. No stage 1,2,3,4 needed. It's a little bit of a culture change, but as my friends stopped giving me grief from moving from HD, they are now talking about getting one. Do it.
I have almost 9000 miles on my Grand America (1600B with tourpak) and bike is absolutely a "E" ticket ride! I still love my Harleys and for sure the GTS system on the new bike destroys BMW's communication system. The nav system on the BMW is horrible as is the bluetooth and audio system (rear speakers blew on the way home from delivery..) but performance wise it is absolutely insane! Bike came with 160 HP and I immediately had a BMW tech that the GM at my Harley dealer turned me onto "jailbreak" the ECM eliminating the speed limiter that was set at 101 MPH and and waking up the power that BMW de tuned. Now has crazy quick throttle and an additional 14 HP. My GPS reads top speed at 142 MPH but I was in 5th gear and ran out of both real estate and courage before I could shift into 6th..
Harley and BMW totally different bikes with different strengths. Of course I hate dealing with the sumping issues I ave had to deal with on the Harley but still end up riding the Harley more than the BMW.
Might need to talk to my therapist about this and figure out why... 
Alan
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4  All

Page created in 0.2 seconds with 25 queries.