Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2  All

Author Topic: Verseo Thermo soles  (Read 5200 times)

ice6900

• 2.5K CVO Member

• CVO1: fxstsse 07
    • CVO2: (non cvo) fxdl customised
    • CVO3: (custom)arlen ness 1914 flat trak replica
Verseo Thermo soles
« on: March 06, 2011, 06:27:17 AM »

I recently purchased this product Verseo thermo heated soles with the remote control, I must say upon receipt of them and charging and discharging a few times I was a bit sceptical about the heat output, especially as they seemed to get hotter underneath the sole, the heating element is only under the pad of the foot, with the battery and electronics under the heal. Yesterday I used them for real on an hours ride to an indy mech with day time temp of 3°c, a lady friend wanted some advise from an indy on her purchase of a second bike, she has a Sporty and cant decide whether to buy a Dyna or a Softail, so I rode my Dyna Fxdl and my wife her Nighttrain, our friend is a bit short legged so we gave her the fit-shop options of both bikes. I must say I was pleasantly surprised at not having cold feet, feet didnt get hot but I could feel the warmth. When I got to the indy I turned off the heat to standby with the RC, we left after few hours and returned home, again switching before we rode any turning the heat off again when i got home. Again no complaints of cold feet, just cold fingers as I had not taken my heated clothes to get a comparison and feel of how cold it was, I must say that an hours ride without heated clothes was far and long enough for me at 11am in the morning.

The real beauty of this product is the remote control, and the fact you can transfer the soles into other shoes or boots.

Does anybody else have experience of this product and or similar?

http://www.verseo.com/thermosoles-rc.html

porthole

• 10K CVO Member
  • Welcome to the Machine

• CVO1: 2005.3217-45 FLHTCSE2
    • Porthole II
Re: Verseo Thermo soles
« Reply #1 on: March 06, 2011, 10:40:33 AM »

None with those, just the Gerbings.
How is the sizing? Cut to fit?

I like the idea of no wires. Did you have any fitment issues with the thickness? Any discomfort from having them in the boots?

I have the heated socks, and they are not comfortable to stand in for any period of time, but the warmth outweighs the comfort.
The Gerbing boot liners I can only wear in one pair of boots (not my waterproof boots). And the wires are a pain.
« Last Edit: March 06, 2011, 10:52:30 AM by porthole »
:fireman: Duane  :fireman:

MV 2013

1982 LowRider * 1974 XLCH * 1972 Adnoh
You can't control the weather, only how you deal with it

porthole

• 10K CVO Member
  • Welcome to the Machine

• Porthole II
« Reply #2 on: March 06, 2011, 10:49:46 AM »

Found this link for stateside.

$119 and free shipping.

http://www.verseo.com/thermosoles-rc.html

MV 2013

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
  • EBCM #1.5 Emeritus DSP # ? Critter Gawker #?
    • MO

• CVO1: 2000 Triple Red Screamin' Eagle Road Glide
    • CVO2: 2002 Candy Brandywine Screamin' Eagle Road King
    • CVO3: 1999 Arresting Red FXR2
« Reply #3 on: March 06, 2011, 12:27:54 PM »

ice6900

• 2.5K CVO Member

« Reply #4 on: March 06, 2011, 12:37:29 PM »

You must specify the size of sole that you want, otherwise they will send you the most common size. Yes I had to cut the toe end thermo sole to fit  my boot, there is a maximum cut line printed on the sole, I have normally an extra insole in my boot which I took out and fitted the thermos sole in it place, therefore no discomfort under the foot, upon initially inserting putting my foot in my old boots they did seem a little tight on the top of the foot, but after a couple of steps I guess the thermo sole settled into position and no other issues.
Like I wrote in my first post, you dont really notice to much heat as they are designed to keep your feet at there normal body temp, at best you notice a little warmth under your foot. With the remote you can scroll through stand-by, medium, high and back to standby, these thermo soles are just like a thick inner sole at the heal and a normal thickness inner sole under your foot and toes.

I have only worn them once so far and even though my fingers were feeling the frosty temps, my feet had no issues!

ice6900

• 2.5K CVO Member

« Reply #5 on: March 06, 2011, 12:39:07 PM »

On Amazon.com for $105 but not generally well reviewed.

http://www.amazon.com/Thermo-Soles-Heated-insoles-rechargeable-wireless/dp/B002QCM774

these are the model with no remote control, so be careful what you order if you do order.

I have just read the reviews which dont really give me much confidence in them now! I will try them again next week and will report back when the stop working! lol
« Last Edit: March 06, 2011, 12:46:20 PM by ice6900 »

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
    • MO

« Reply #6 on: March 06, 2011, 12:43:23 PM »

these are the model with no remote control, so be careful what you order if you do.

Didn't notice.  Good catch.  Think it likely they have different heating systems along with different control systems?

porthole

• 10K CVO Member
  • Welcome to the Machine

• Porthole II
« Reply #7 on: March 06, 2011, 12:45:49 PM »

On Amazon.com for $105 but not generally well reviewed.

http://www.amazon.com/Thermo-Soles-Heated-insoles-rechargeable-wireless/dp/B002QCM774

That is the non remote version Don. The link I posted was the remote version Nigel is referring too. The same site I found with non remote was $89

MV 2013

porthole

• 10K CVO Member
  • Welcome to the Machine

• Porthole II
« Reply #8 on: March 06, 2011, 12:48:48 PM »

SO we have our test subject - We'll be waiting for the long term review  :2vrolijk_21:

MV 2013

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
    • MO

« Reply #9 on: March 06, 2011, 12:51:41 PM »

That is the non remote version Don. The link I posted was the remote version Nigel is referring too. The same site I found with non remote was $89

I wasn't concerned about the price Duane.  It was the several poor reviews that seemed worth noting.

ice6900

• 2.5K CVO Member

« Reply #10 on: March 06, 2011, 12:52:26 PM »

Well I guess with or without remote they have the same heating element, but obviously different electronics in the two model with or without remote.

I only bought them because of the remote control function as an added bonus of control ability,  I would agree on HIGH you wont get 8hours warmth, but on Medium heat obviously you would a get longer battery span than on High, the length of warmth time would depend on how cold your feet are and how cold your boots are-

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
    • MO

« Reply #11 on: March 06, 2011, 12:54:58 PM »

Well I guess with or without remove they have the same heating element, but obviously different electronics in the two model with or without remote.

I only bought them because of the remote control function as an added bonus of control ability,  I would agree on HIGH you wont get 8hours warmth, but on Medium heat obviously you would a get longer battery span than on High, the length of warmth time would depend on how cold your feet are and how cold your boots are-

I like the idea of the product.  Since  your review is more current than those on Amazon hopefully you'll share other experience with them soon.  Makes a guy wish Gerbing would offer up a wireless remote for the whole outfit.  Velcro it somewhere and just plug the clothes in to power.

porthole

• 10K CVO Member
  • Welcome to the Machine

• Porthole II
« Reply #12 on: March 07, 2011, 01:11:54 AM »

I wasn't concerned about the price Duane.  It was the several poor reviews that seemed worth noting.

Yeah, the reviews are less then stellar. Hopefully Nigel will have better luck - we'll see.

MV 2013

ice6900

• 2.5K CVO Member

« Reply #13 on: March 23, 2011, 07:03:35 AM »

Performance Update, well so far they are still working I have worn them 6times out riding and twice to work all day as I was working outside, to be honest I would say you will receive some warmth from these soles, do not expect hot heat or hot feet. AS it describes in the small print they are designed to keep your feet at normal body temp! On high, they seem to have effective warmth for about 3hours max!

Conclusion
They are a great idea, but with the restrictions of battery size I would have hoped for a longer effective working time on High, cus of that I would suggest keep your money, hard wired soles or socks would be required for a days riding.

porthole

• 10K CVO Member
  • Welcome to the Machine

• Porthole II
« Reply #14 on: March 24, 2011, 04:56:00 PM »

But - if you were not trying to "heat" your feet and were just trying to maintain body temp what would you think?

If it is cold out and you don't notice your feet are "not" getting cold - would you consider that as success?

MV 2013

Pages: [1] 2  All

Page created in 0.174 seconds with 21 queries.