Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Motorcycling High Tech socks..........  (Read 2965 times)

JCZ

• Global Moderator
  • 10K CVO Member
    • AZ

• CVO1: 04 SEEG...sold
    • CVO2: 10 SESG...sold
    • CVO3: 13 FLHTCSE 8
Motorcycling High Tech socks..........
« on: June 04, 2006, 06:41:21 PM »

Terrie and I stopped by the Women's Motorcycle Expo up in Auburn yesterday.  First time either of us had been there and a much larger event then I'd expected and the location couldn't have been better........in the shade of the Auburn Fairgrounds.

Anyway, ran across these socks that are supposed to be high tech.......wick moisture away and also help to keep your feet cool so we both invested in a couple pair each.  Guess we'll know after we return from Cripple Creek, if they work or not.............
http://www.hadsales.com/catalog/profeet-arrow-crewsock-861.htm
Never trade the thrills of living for the security of existence.  Remember...it's the journey, not the destination!

West Coast GTG   
Reno, NV (04), Reno, NV (05),  Cripple Creek, CO (06)  Hood River, OR (09), Lake Tahoe, CA (11) Carmel, CA (14), Ouray CO (15) Fortuna, Ca. (16)

spydglide

• 10K CVO Member
  • spyder-psychle
Re: Motorcycling High Tech socks..........
« Reply #1 on: June 04, 2006, 07:00:59 PM »

Dang it, JC, now you've got me spending $$$ for socks on this site.  I'm so 'suggestive', all you guys have to do is tell me you found something good, and I'm sending 'em my hard earned tokens.  Looking forward to hearing from ya'll somewhere around Charlotte, NC next weekend.  [smiley=xyxthumbs.gif] har!   [smiley=huepfenlol2.gif] spyder
2004 FLHTCSE Cobalt 'Huckleberry'  .....94K+mi.     &  1994 FLSTN 'OleGranny' .....116K+mi.

Midnight Rider

• AKA: TCnBham
  • 10K CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG

• CVO1: 2011 SERGU Rio Red (sold)
« Reply #2 on: June 05, 2006, 11:36:25 AM »

Those look like some good scooter socks!!  I've got this sock fetish going on, 'cause I ski, hike, etc.  Another good choice for socks is a ski sock...they've got padding in the shin area, the heel and the bottom of the toe box, plus some on top of the instep. They come in various weights, and are generally a blend of Merino Wool and other man-made materials. I use lightweight in summer and in my ski boots, and a mid to heavy in winter for hiking.  Both these work well in my scooter boots. Cotton socks are absolutely useless...they just keep your feet damp, regardless of the activity.  Some good brands of ski socks are Bridgedale, Thorlo, and Smartwool...they will run you 10 - 16 bucks a pair, but I've had some of them for several years, so they last.  If you're looking for something a little cheaper, but still good, CruiserBoots sells some CoolMax socks that work pretty well...they just won't stay up as well, and that drives me NUTS....All of these will wick moisture away from your skin, keeping those pinkies from gettin' stinky, and come up over your calves so they'll stay put and not wad up in your boot.  Two or three pair will last for years.  I'll have to check out these new ones though.... [smiley=xyxthumbs.gif]
Sometimes it takes a whole tankful of fuel before you can think straight.
I had the right to remain silent, just not the ability...

Gone, but not forgotten...2011 FLTRUSE with
Fullsac X Pipe w/2" Baffles
Legend Air Ride Rear Shocks
Traxxion Dynamics AK-20 Front Suspension
Clearview GT13 Windshield
TTS Mastertune

RJ749

• SEEG Cult Newbie
  • 10K CVO Member

• CVO1: 2006 FLHTCUSE
    • CVO2: 2005 FLHTCSE
    • CVO3: 2002 FXDWG3
« Reply #3 on: June 05, 2006, 11:44:30 AM »

Those look like some good scooter socks!!  [highlight]I've got this sock fetish going on[/highlight],  [smiley=xyxthumbs.gif]

OK, if you can't find a sock here for the fetish, they may not make it.....

http://www.cabelas.com/cabelas/en/common/search/search-results1.jsp?QueryText=socks&N=4887&Ntk=Products&Ntx=mode+matchall&Nty=1&Ntt=socks&noImage=0

I use the wool "ultimate" socks and swear by them winter and summer in boots.

http://www.cabelas.com/cabelas/en/templates/links/link.jsp?id=0009727821562a&type=product&cmCat=search&returnPage=search-results1.jsp&QueryText=wool+socks&N=4887&Ntk=Products&Ntx=mode+matchall&Nty=1&Ntt=wool+socks&noImage=0

« Last Edit: June 05, 2006, 11:46:32 AM by Rjob749 »

Midnight Rider

• 10K CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG

« Reply #4 on: June 05, 2006, 12:04:35 PM »

Yea Rjob...they got 'em all!!  People hear the word "wool" and think hot/itchy, but it's amazing how much different your feet will feel at the end of a day with these blended, good socks on.  Happy Feets!!! Feets, Don't Fail Me Now!!! [smiley=banana.gif] [smiley=jalapeno.gif] [smiley=huepfenjump3.gif]

TTS Mastertune

CVOJOE

• 2.5K CVO Member
  • Life's a journey, why not enjoy the ride?
« Reply #5 on: June 09, 2006, 04:34:17 PM »

Yah, but do any of these come in orange and black ?  [smiley=nixweiss.gif]

[smiley=2cr_01.gif]
2003 FLHRSEI2. (Sold) :(

Horsepower is how fast you hit a wall.Torque is how far you will take the wall with you.

Midnight Rider

• 10K CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG

« Reply #6 on: June 09, 2006, 04:42:03 PM »

Does Black/Gray with Orange writing on the top of the toes count?   ;D ;D  These are the best socks I've ever had on my feets...

http://www.bridgedale.com/Product.asp?strLang=en&nSectionId=580&nProductTypeId=1&nCategoryId=7&nProductId=60

TTS Mastertune

HWYMAN1

• Basic 103
  • Elite CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG
« Reply #7 on: October 31, 2006, 10:37:03 PM »

Terrie and I stopped by the Women's Motorcycle Expo up in Auburn yesterday.  First time either of us had been there and a much larger event then I'd expected and the location couldn't have been better........in the shade of the Auburn Fairgrounds.

Anyway, ran across these socks that are supposed to be high tech.......wick moisture away and also help to keep your feet cool so we both invested in a couple pair each.  Guess we'll know after we return from Cripple Creek, if they work or not.............
http://www.hadsales.com/catalog/profeet-arrow-crewsock-861.htm
Just finished 1500 mile long weekend ride. used the HAD Sockz as described.Really comfortable and no sweaty feet! Worked great with new Cruiserworks boots. This is the cadillac combo of foot wear!!
Rinehart TD
103 with zipper 575 GD cams
Bitubo rear shocks
Baker DD6 transmission
Traxxion dynamics front end
Stage 1 SE AC

Page created in 0.162 seconds with 21 queries.