Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3]  All

Author Topic: Chaps  (Read 5479 times)

pumkinownerswife

• Elite CVO Member
Re: Chaps
« Reply #30 on: December 06, 2006, 07:05:35 PM »

I was just clowning around one Saturday when we were washing the bikes and Terry took the pix.

Screamin

• 5k CVO Member
  • Number 641

• CVO1: 2005 SEEG2 Cherry
    • CVO2: 2019 Road Glide Ultra
« Reply #31 on: December 06, 2006, 08:23:00 PM »

Bought a new pair of chaps for MV. 6,100 miles later one of the zippers had STB. Took em back to the H-D dealer. Oh yeah, we'll warranty those, no problem. Called today ( 5 weeks) z'up with my chaps ?
Well we had to wait 3 weeks for approval from H-D on the warranty, and then a week for the mailing label (prepaid) so you should have them back in another 3 or 4 weeks. Two months for a zipper ? I would think this should shed some light on the issue of replacement paint. Wifey says for $15 the Vietnamese lady who does seamstress work down the street would have put in a new zipper. 5 day wait.

(Yes, I shouted this out in the woods and nobody heard me, but I was still wrong honey)

B B

My experience w/ an H.D. jacket mirrors yours except I said screw it and ate the cost of a zipper. What a bunch of hooey on the warranty. My gal, ethnicity unknown, put in a better zipper in my FXRG jacket the day I took it in.

Screamin

• 5k CVO Member
  • Number 641

• CVO1: 2005 SEEG2 Cherry
    • CVO2: 2019 Road Glide Ultra
« Reply #32 on: December 06, 2006, 08:37:04 PM »

Chaps are all about the thighs, not necessarily any other size you're used to. Not too loose nor too tight. Most chaps are made to trim to get the right length. The waist is generally very adjustable. Do not buy w/o a serious trying on. Walk in them, squat and sit.
Forget the cowboy chaps like was said above. They're marginal at best. You get what you pay for to some extent. Some are very cheap and easily found at any swap meet, ralley, etc. for very little money. For occasional use they might be ok. Other than that you can spend lots. Lastly, some are much stiffer, heavier or bulkier than others. Look around and make an informed choice.

Post a couple of pics when you choose.  [smiley=evilgrin.gif]

[smiley=worthless.gif]

harleydiva

« Reply #33 on: December 07, 2006, 09:26:10 AM »

BHG, the best leather to be found is at www.foxcreekleather.com.   They're not terribly expensive, and are much more comfortable than Harley leather.

We have Fox Creek Leather chaps, jackets and gloves.   They will make your chaps and/or jackets to fit you.

As far as boots, as you can see by my Avatar, I LOVE high heel boots.   [smiley=xyxthumbs.gif]  Spydie has given me the nickname of "Bootsie".   ;D    However, there comes a time when we ladies need to be practical and go for function over form for comfort and to keep your feet dry and warm.  The Cruiserworks boots, Lady Defenders, are very comfortable, warm, they're waterproof, and will last for years.  They are so comfortable that we hiked a trail in Joyce Kilmer Memorial Forest.   [smiley=xyxthumbs.gif]   Granted, they're not a fashion statement, but if your feet hurt, it's hard to keep a nice smile on your face.  ;D

If we're going for a short ride or out to dinner, I wear my high heel boots.  ;) Otherwise, it's practicality for this lady.    [smiley=xyxthumbs.gif]

I keep a warm Isotoner crushable hat in the tourpack (for daytime) and a nice felt hat with a leather band
(for nighttime) to cover helmet hair when we stop to eat or for breaks.  Vanity, thy name is Suzanne.  

Good luck!  

harleydiva

« Reply #34 on: December 07, 2006, 09:26:38 AM »

I was just teasing I new exactly what you were doing Sorry for making it sound otherwise.

[smiley=carrot.gif]
Helen

No biggie.   ;D

harleydiva

« Reply #35 on: December 07, 2006, 03:00:06 PM »

To BHG and anyone else who is interested in a sale at Foxcreek leather,

http://www.foxcreekleather.com/sale.phtml#blowout

[smiley=xyxthumbs.gif]

harleydiva

« Reply #36 on: December 07, 2006, 03:14:06 PM »

I would agree with fox leather products (own jackets, gloves, vest), but if you want something custom cut ( though defiinitely not cheap!) try these:http://www.walter-leather.com/chaps.html

Fox Creek Products are custom cut.  You send them your measurements...in fact, they tell you exactly how to measure for whatever product you order.    [smiley=xyxthumbs.gif]   If you are not happy, they stand by their products.   :)

TheVgirl

• 1K CVO Member
  • Hold on bro! Life is one heckuva ride.

• CVO1: 2005 VRSCSE Two-tone Electric Orange and Black
    • CVO2: 2005 FLHTCSE2 Sunrise Yellow Pearl and Stingray Silver sold
« Reply #37 on: December 07, 2006, 09:01:55 PM »

OH MY!!!!  I feel for Julia!  I took my class on Jan 10, 2006 and it was in the teens!  Looks like Julia will have a reenactment of that but it will actually be windier this weekend!  UGH!!!!
~TheVgirl~  2005 VRSCSE Two-tone Electric Orange and Black

"The shortest distance between two points is a straight line, but on a motorcycle you want to take the longest way to get there."  - Jerry "Motorman" Palladino

Hoist!

• Monster
  • 10K CVO Member
  • This chit ain't ROCKET SCIENCE!!!!

• CVO1: '07C FLHRSE3, BLACK ICE OF COURSE, CUSTOM 110" TC 6-SPEED +++, "CYBIL"!!!
    • CVO2: '99 FXR3 BRIGHT & DARK CANDY BLUE W/FLAMES, STAGE II 80" EVO 5-SPEED +++, "JOY"!!!
    • CVO3: 4: & 5: '85 FXWG BLACK w/CUSTOM FLAMES, 110" EVO 6-SPEED +++ CVO style!!!; '08 NSMC PROSG CUSTOM FXR BASED PRO STREET BLACK, 89" EVO 5-SPEED, VERY FAST!!!; '09 NSMC HSTBBR CUSTOM RIGID HOISTBOBBER, SILVER METALFLAKE BATES SOLO SEAT & TIN w/BLACK WISHBONE FRAME, 80" EVO (w/Shovelhead bottom end) 4-SPEED! VERY COOL!!!
« Reply #38 on: December 07, 2006, 09:36:16 PM »

OH MY!!!!
« Last Edit: December 08, 2006, 09:17:29 AM by Hoist »
"We wanna be free to ride our machines without being hassled by The Man!"

Traxxion Dynamics Suspension Rules! "It ain't braggin' if you can back it up!"

"Cause I'm sitting on top of the world!" (zoom in on satellite map in my Profile)
Pages: 1 2 [3]  All

Page created in 0.143 seconds with 20 queries.