Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: 2018 FLHTKSE -How to add 2 Aux switches  (Read 532 times)

VRODDAVE

• Senior CVO Member
  • Semper fi 73-77

• CVO1: 2018 FLHTKSE ANV
    • CVO2: 2004 FLHTCSE - Crashed 7/31/2015. May she rest in pease
    • CVO3: 2003 VROD - sold
2018 FLHTKSE -How to add 2 Aux switches
« on: April 22, 2020, 11:20:59 PM »

Not sure how many would be interested in this. I looked around on the CVO site for information and could not find any so I thought I would post what I learned. It won’t be so detailed as to color code and pin number as much as just letting people know that it can be done.

I could not find any Harley auxiliary switch kits that were specifically for my 2018 flhtkse but I have never let things like that stop me in the past.

I had an empty slot in the left hand side inner fairing switch cluster, middle switch and right hand cluster left switch position that I wanted to add ACC auxiliary switches to.
The left-hand side was relatively easy, installed the switch into the middle slot and it brought power down to the desired plug under the left hand cover near the fuse block.

The right hand switch cluster left position was a little more complicated. I tried using wiring manuals and just could not figure out where that wire came out. Turns out the wire is not there at all.  The left switch cluster had six wires on the plug. The right switch cluster only had five. So I set up a pigtail to test it and sure enough the auxiliary button activates power to the pin that was missing a wire.

So these are the high-level steps used:

1). I purchased the XXXX 129 switch kit
2).  I purchased a separate ACC switch for the left cluster as the switch kit only came with two rights
3)  bought some Molex pins and plugs to give access to the accessory wires of the harness
4). Ran a wire from the right hand switch cluster where the connector was missing the 6th pin all the way down to the left hand cover and added it to the existing accessory aux connector.

This gave me one 2 amp auxiliary, and one relay activated auxiliary switch

Happy to provide more info to anyone who asks
« Last Edit: April 22, 2020, 11:25:35 PM by VRODDAVE »
2018 FLHTKSE ANV
Dominator prewired meathooks 10" (Nice, but shoulda got the 12's)
Dynojet Power Vision
GTS Radio upgrade
AG ATX-30-HD lithium battery
CoolFlow fan
Alloyboltz 12 point G8
INNOVV K2 X 2 DVR 4 Camera
AIM Clutch Slave

OBB

• 5k CVO Member
  • aka Ohiobellboy
    • OH

• CVO1: 2011 Slate/Black SERGU** traded
    • CVO2: 2015 Double Blue SERGU
    • CVO3: 2012 SERG Blue
Re: 2018 FLHTKSE -How to add 2 Aux switches
« Reply #1 on: April 23, 2020, 05:50:47 AM »

Have a pix of the switch clusters from the top? My '15 SERGU had nothing in the left side so I added the switch pack with two switches on it and that was prewired to the port under the side panel. From there I added the harness to the aux plug to give my my two needed power supplies.

PHOTOBUCKET IS HOLDING MY PIX HOSTAGE!!!

VRODDAVE

• Senior CVO Member
  • Semper fi 73-77

• CVO1: 2018 FLHTKSE ANV
    • CVO2: 2004 FLHTCSE - Crashed 7/31/2015. May she rest in pease
    • CVO3: 2003 VROD - sold
Re: 2018 FLHTKSE -How to add 2 Aux switches
« Reply #2 on: April 23, 2020, 02:33:42 PM »

I’m pretty sure that every model year has slight variations on stock features. Here’s a photo of my dash. I have added 2 ACC switches and cool flow fan
2018 FLHTKSE ANV
Dominator prewired meathooks 10" (Nice, but shoulda got the 12's)
Dynojet Power Vision
GTS Radio upgrade
AG ATX-30-HD lithium battery
CoolFlow fan
Alloyboltz 12 point G8
INNOVV K2 X 2 DVR 4 Camera
AIM Clutch Slave

Page created in 0.133 seconds with 25 queries.