Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 20 21 [22] 23 24 ... 37

Author Topic: Traxxion Dynamics cartridge upgrade  (Read 96366 times)

Fired00d

• Global Moderator
  • 25K CVO Member
  • Orange & Black SEEG... Can it get any better?
    • VA

• CVO1: FLHTCSE
Re: Traxxion Dynamics cartridge upgrade
« Reply #315 on: May 17, 2007, 01:31:55 PM »

Question:

When I was giving Howie's bike a test spin the other day, I could hear a noticeable "squish" or "hiss" on fork compression. I don't remember that on don's bike doing the same test spin.

Do any of you other Traxxion converts hear that, or could this be a RK thing that is not noticeable on the FLH's?
You sure that wasn't a "sigh" of relief coming from his bike. It has been ridden hard this week maybe it was just relieved that it wasn't being put the paces for a ride. :nixweiss: :huepfenlol2:

:pumpkin:
Ride Safe,
Fired00d
 :fireman:
:pumpkin: 2004 Screamin’ Eagle Electra Glide :pumpkin:
Rinehart True Duals
SE Breather
SE Race Tuner
HogTunes Speakers
Zippers 575 Gear Drive Cams
Zippers Pro-Tapered Adjustable Push Rods
Zippers Oil Pressure Bypass Shim
Feuling Oil Pump
Feuling Lifters
Zumo 550 W/Flame Caps
Lyndall Z+ Brake Pads
CVOHarley Member #1234
PGR Member #754 (Since '05)
Proud Member EBCM #2.0

Chief

• 5k CVO Member
  • EBCM #4-3/8
« Reply #316 on: May 17, 2007, 01:37:35 PM »

You sure that wasn't a "sigh" of relief coming from his bike. It has been ridden hard this week maybe it was just relieved that it wasn't being put the paces for a ride. :nixweiss: :huepfenlol2:

Ride Safe,
Fired00d

You know, if I hadn't had just called Traxxion I'd be inclined to agree with you. But.... since I just spoke to the experts, Dan said that hissing or squishing is normal, and is just the sound of lots of oil being squeezed through lots of passages and that just makes noise. I guess its just being transmitted up / through the forks.

P.S. The Bitubos are on the mainland. Need to clear Customs and get shipped to Woodstock. Maybe Monday.

Fired00d

• Global Moderator
  • 25K CVO Member
  • Orange & Black SEEG... Can it get any better?
    • VA

• CVO1: FLHTCSE
« Reply #317 on: May 17, 2007, 01:41:35 PM »

You know, if I hadn't had just called Traxxion I'd be inclined to agree with you. But.... since I just spoke to the experts, Dan said that hissing or squishing is normal, and is just the sound of lots of oil being squeezed through lots of passages and that just makes noise. I guess its just being transmitted up / through the forks.

P.S. The Bitubos are on the mainland. Need to clear Customs and get shipped to Woodstock. Maybe Monday.

Probably the reason others haven't heard/noticed it before may be because they have been installed on SEUC and more then likely these riders have stereo's playing. :nixweiss:

Ride Safe,
Fired00d
:pumpkin: 2004 Screamin’ Eagle Electra Glide :pumpkin:
Rinehart True Duals
SE Breather
SE Race Tuner
HogTunes Speakers
Zippers 575 Gear Drive Cams
Zippers Pro-Tapered Adjustable Push Rods
Zippers Oil Pressure Bypass Shim
Feuling Oil Pump
Feuling Lifters
Zumo 550 W/Flame Caps
Lyndall Z+ Brake Pads
CVOHarley Member #1234
PGR Member #754 (Since '05)
Proud Member EBCM #2.0

Chief

• 5k CVO Member
  • EBCM #4-3/8
« Reply #318 on: May 17, 2007, 01:44:31 PM »

Probably the reason others haven't heard/noticed it before may be because they have been installed on SEUC and more then likely these riders have stereo's playing. :nixweiss:

Ride Safe,
Fired00d

So true. It's definitely not anything that would be heard over the Hawg Wired system. ::)

VAZHOG

• 1K CVO Member
« Reply #319 on: May 17, 2007, 01:49:34 PM »

The only part he left out is "They All Do That"  ;D and If you Had a Radio you wouldn't have heard it  :huepfenjump3:

RJ749

• SEEG Cult Newbie
  • 10K CVO Member

• CVO1: 2006 FLHTCUSE
    • CVO2: 2005 FLHTCSE
    • CVO3: 2002 FXDWG3
« Reply #320 on: May 17, 2007, 01:59:17 PM »

Ride Safe,
Fired00d

I think you're right d00d, we know Chief wasn't hammering it as hard out of respect for Speedy's equipment. ::)

Chief

• 5k CVO Member
  • EBCM #4-3/8
« Reply #321 on: May 17, 2007, 02:04:48 PM »

I think you're right d00d, we know Chief wasn't hammering it as hard out of respect for Speedy's equipment. ::)

Heck no. I'd be all over it. I wouldn't do that to someone who babies their bike, but if he hammers it, I'd have no problem following suit.
It was more like it was 10 PM and I was riding through my neighborhood. It was out of respect for me wanting to be able to continue living there.

HogBreath

• 5k CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG

• CVO1: 2009 cvo roadglide
    • CVO2: 2014 CVO StreetKing
« Reply #322 on: May 20, 2007, 11:13:50 AM »

I had a chance to ride several bikes this past week. Wow, I've gotta get the Traxxion suspension. Amazing.

First I rode Howie's RK. Smooth as glass. Of course he'd just gotten the Traxxion suspenison. I came back very impressed. Mine of course is a SEUC, so it rides differently than a RK.

So I then rode TCnBhm's 06 which has the Traxxion suspension. Smooth as glass also. Sure missed the 6th gear though. Don't notice the difference until you ride a 5 speed.

So, then rode Ghost rider's RK which has the cam but not the Traxxion. Rode good, but not as the same as the RK with Traxxion for sure.

It's totally amazing how differently each bike feels. Each one customized to the rider. Each one with different accessories. The SEUC with the fairing just isn't as smooth as a RK. I'd never NOT have a fairing with all the bells and whistles though. I like the CD player, navigation system, etc etc etc that the Ultra has.

I've been reading through this thread this morning and saw something about a grup buy and saving $200 or so. What's the procedure for getting the group buy? Do I simply tell them I'm a site member? $1,100 is a lot of money, but, I think it will be well worth it.
It's not the destination. It's the Journey.

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
  • EBCM #1.5 Emeritus DSP # ? Critter Gawker #?
    • MO

• CVO1: 2000 Triple Red Screamin' Eagle Road Glide
    • CVO2: 2002 Candy Brandywine Screamin' Eagle Road King
    • CVO3: 1999 Arresting Red FXR2
« Reply #323 on: May 20, 2007, 11:23:03 AM »

Question:

When I was giving Howie's bike a test spin the other day, I could hear a noticeable "squish" or "hiss" on fork compression. I don't remember that on don's bike doing the same test spin.

Do any of you other Traxxion converts hear that, or could this be a RK thing that is not noticeable on the FLH's?

On our first ride back to Alabama from your your area Terry and I commented to each other that we heard a new sound from the front end.  We both heard it and described the same thing to each other coming from each bike.  It's either stopped or I've gotten completely used to it now as I don't hear it anymore.

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
    • MO

« Reply #324 on: May 20, 2007, 11:27:49 AM »

I had a chance to ride several bikes this past week. Wow, I've gotta get the Traxxion suspension. Amazing.

I got to do just the opposite Ken.  After being used to my bike for so long got to get in a couple of bikes that don't have it.

Oh man what a difference.

When you get used to a front end that just stays put then suddenly got on a bike with a stock front end the difference is AMAZING.  Stock front ends are like having a big girl on a water bed.  Just sloshing up and down and down all over the place.

HogBreath

• 5k CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG

• CVO1: 2009 cvo roadglide
    • CVO2: 2014 CVO StreetKing
« Reply #325 on: May 20, 2007, 11:36:18 AM »

Don, The traxxion is something I've decided is a must-do. I just got to find the time. Getting busy with work etc. It'll take a day to get to Atlanta, a day for the work, and a day to get back. As soon as I can get the time.

What about the group buy? How does that work?
It's not the destination. It's the Journey.

RJ749

• SEEG Cult Newbie
  • 10K CVO Member

« Reply #326 on: May 20, 2007, 11:40:59 AM »

Don, The traxxion is something I've decided is a must-do. I just got to find the time. Getting busy with work etc. It'll take a day to get to Atlanta, a day for the work, and a day to get back. As soon as I can get the time.

HB, you are so right, I'll never have a bike witout them.

Just get in touch with the Traxxion guys off the thread below and let them know you are a member of the site and they'll afford you the member price.

You can ride down for the day like Speedy, or ship them as I did.  The ride down gets it done in a day, it took me about 3 weeks with the shipping both ways etc.

http://www.cvoharley.com/smf/index.php?topic=11864.0
« Last Edit: May 20, 2007, 11:43:28 AM by Rjob749 »

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
    • MO

« Reply #327 on: May 20, 2007, 11:42:55 AM »

Just tell them you're part of the group when you schedule the appointment.  That's all their is to it.

It's weird that we're so used to how our bikes feel because, well; they've always felt that way.  We just don't have a clue how wildly they are bobbing up and down until they're not doing it anymore.  I'm glad you're getting it done.  It's not just a more comfortable ride or even a more stable ride (it is those things too though).  It's a safer ride after it's done.

Someone needs to remember to remind Barry that during the time he's waiting for painted parts to show up his legs could be going back and forth to Georgia.

RJ749

• SEEG Cult Newbie
  • 10K CVO Member

« Reply #328 on: May 20, 2007, 11:46:34 AM »

Just tell them you're part of the group when you schedule the appointment.  That's all their is to it.

Someone needs to remember to remind Barry that during the time he's waiting for painted parts to show up his legs could be going back and forth to Georgia.

Anyone that does this will definitely not regret it.  I wouldn't want to show up in Nelson this summer witout the mods, because it will be expensive after someone with them let's you ride their bike.  So for anyone going to Nelson without the mod, just plan on the trip costing you another $1149.00, plus the ride to Woodstock or shipping costs :huepfenjump3:

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
    • MO

« Reply #329 on: May 20, 2007, 11:56:09 AM »

Anyone that does this will definitely not regret it.  I wouldn't want to show up in Nelson this summer witout the mods, because it will be expensive after someone with them let's you ride their bike.  So for anyone going to Nelson without the mod, just plan on the trip costing you another $1149.00, plus the ride to Woodstock or shipping costs :huepfenjump3:

Rog, you do very quickly get used to the improvement.  Come to experience it as the new norm.  Wait until you've been on it exclusively for a few weeks then hop back on a stock bike.  You'll be amazed at how bad it feels in comparison.

The only comparison I can think is (for those of us beyond a certain age) when we made the transiton from bias ply tires to radials on the cars we hot rodded around in.  You get used to radials and expect the stability they provide.  Then hop in some buddies Chevelle or early Goat or Tri-5 that still had the old bias ply crap on, punch it and pucker.  As bad as those tires were, dancing across full lanes normally, without us even realizing it was bad; it's a wonder they didn't kill us all.
Pages: 1 ... 20 21 [22] 23 24 ... 37

Page created in 0.237 seconds with 25 queries.