Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2  All

Author Topic: Are the color schemes to blame?  (Read 7893 times)

el chuco

• www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • TX

Are the color schemes to blame?
« on: April 10, 2015, 02:27:52 AM »

Seems that the CVO Softail Deluxe doesn't attract much discussion and I am assuming it is probably due to the fact that they don't sell much. Most of the critique they receive is because of the ugly and limited color schemes they come in. Is this what keeps many from buying one? Personally I love them, but, not to many topics about them get posted. So be it! :(
« Last Edit: April 10, 2015, 02:52:30 AM by el chuco »

CVODeluxeHD

• enjoy

• CVO1: 2001 Sportster
    • CVO2: 2014 CV0 Deluxe
    • CVO3: 2017 CVO Street Glide
Re: Are the color schemes to blame?
« Reply #1 on: April 10, 2015, 03:12:23 AM »

Seems that the CVO Softail Deluxe doesn't attract much discussion and I am assuming it is probably due to the fact that they don't sell much. Most of the critique they recieve is because of the ugly and limited color schemes they come in. Is this what keeps many from buying one? Personally I love them, but, not to many topics about them get posted. So be it! :(

You might be right, on the other hand maybe CVO Deluxe riders spent more time on the bike rather than sitting in front of the screen figuring out how to uprade the looks or the performance of their bikes  :huepfenjump3: :huepfenjump3: :huepfenjump3:  In general you see people in the US tend to go much more after the big touring bikes as you can the on HD sales figures while here in Europe the softails and the Dynas are the bigger sellers.
I love my CVO Deluxe and look forward to the big tours this year - Austria, Tuscany and Bavaria in June, European Bike Week in Faak September, in between I  take the bags and the shield of and have a beautiful cruiser for the short rides. Perfect bike, wouldn't trade it for another...but you never know what the the company brings out this year or the years to come...

el chuco

• www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • TX

« Reply #2 on: April 10, 2015, 01:17:30 PM »

on the other hand maybe CVO Deluxe riders spent more time on the bike rather than sitting in front of the screen figuring out how to upgade the looks or the performance of their bikes  :huepfenjump3: :huepfenjump3: :huepfenjump3:
You make a great point here; I did buy my CVO Deluxe because it was almost perfect as it was in the showroom. I didn't want to spend to much money or time with additional upgrades! Also, the ability to snap on/off the saddle bags and windshield in literally seconds was a big seller for me too!  :2vrolijk_21:

dirtyike

• Junior CVO Member
  • www.CVOHARLEY.com

• CVO1: 2014 CVO Deluxe
« Reply #3 on: April 13, 2015, 09:40:14 AM »

I also agree, when i went to the service department to get my bike from the 1k service a few months ago, I asked the service guy about these bikes and why the sit so long (my bike was at the dealer for 7 months before i purchased). And he said he believes its the colors, the wheels and the fact that the CVO Deluxe cost the same or even more that the CVO RoadKing. It was true at the time that dealer had a 2014 CVO Deluxe and CVO RoadKing and the Deluxe was more expensive. You can even look up the 2014's on the HD website.

SanJuanRon

• Full CVO Member
  • Way Up High In The Mountains and Down By The Sea!
« Reply #4 on: April 13, 2015, 09:55:00 AM »

I believe its 2 reasons:  1. Most people who buy the Deluxe want to personalize and customize the heck out of it.  It's probably the most custom Harley out there.  You wouldn't buy a CVO to do that. 2. The price tag puts the CVO Deluxe way up there compared to other Harley's including the touring bikes.  Most people with that much money to spend go the touring bike route.  And, I don't think the color schemes have been great which doesn't help sales.  SJ Ron :)
2011.5 FLHTCUSE6, Candy Cobalt & Twilight Blue, HCC 14" Apes, V&H 2:1 Pro Pipe Chrome, Stage 1
2009 FLSTN, Tango Orange, Carlini 17" Flying Apes & High Roller Risers/Air Cover, V&H True Dual Pipes/Fishtails, LePera Seat, Stage 1, Chromed
2005 FLSTCI, Vivid Black, Wild 1 18" Psycho Apes, V&H Big Shot Long Pipes, LePera Seat, Stage 1, Chromed, 21/18 Sinister Wheels

rockinred

« Reply #5 on: April 28, 2015, 08:33:11 PM »

I think it's the wheels.  Other than that it's a solid looking bike.  The Maple one is really nice with the brown leather.  The wheels are hideous if you ask me.  No offense to you Deluxe CVO owners.  I replace most bike wheels anyway, but I couldn't go very long on those wheels with out having to change it up.  I'd like to see one with a different wheel set up.

Sixgunjr

• www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • CO

« Reply #6 on: May 23, 2015, 05:47:48 PM »

If one doesn't like the paint, why don't ya just put new paint set tins on. Maybe 2-3 grand, just a thought. Wonder if anyone has don this.

dmark1

• www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • TX

« Reply #7 on: May 24, 2015, 12:38:24 PM »

If one doesn't like the paint, why don't ya just put new paint set tins on. Maybe 2-3 grand, just a thought. Wonder if anyone has don this.
I

I have no idea what qualms people have with the paint jobs- I think they are beautiful and much better than the standard Harley paint job.  Mine is the silver and black and I think its FINE looking. 

As to people buying touring bikes instead of the CVO Softail, well as my daddy used to say "there's no accounting for taste"  :P

Why buy a big touring bike when you can have a car?  Sorry but that big 'ol fairing out front with the speakers and radio and all the other junk has no appeal.  Might as well drive a cage and be protected from the elements.  IMHO

CVODON

• 1K CVO Member
    • FL

• CVO1: 15 FLTRUSE
« Reply #8 on: May 24, 2015, 06:30:24 PM »

To expensive compared to Road King. Whitewall tires?

skratch

• 1K CVO Member
    • LA

• CVO1: 2013 FLTRXSE2 Roman Gold/Burnt Emerald
« Reply #9 on: May 24, 2015, 09:28:28 PM »

I think it's the wheels. 

i don't mind the wheels so much.  i don't even mind the colors, too much.  what i despise is that graphic on the fuel tank.  thats the killer for me.  that, and i can't afford a second bike, let alone another cvo.
I understand the concept of reality, but find it too confining as a way of life

stratplexi

• Full CVO Member
    • OH

• CVO1: 2014 FLHRSE
« Reply #10 on: May 25, 2015, 12:09:39 AM »

IMHO it's the paint. Probably my least favorite CVO paint scheme ever

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

dmark1

• www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • TX

« Reply #11 on: May 25, 2015, 12:44:35 AM »

Mine is the Black and Tungsten paint and I think it looks better than any other factory paint job out there!  Not to mention it seems to have been applied with a modicum of CARE unlike a lot of other OEM MoCo paint jobs i've seen...

skycat

• Full CVO Member
  • www.CVOHARLEY.com

• CVO1: Silver/Black 2015 Street Glide.
« Reply #12 on: May 25, 2015, 05:00:45 AM »

That tank graphic is not my cupa tea, and not fussed on the white walls. Other than that nice bike  :2vrolijk_21:
2015 CVO Street Glide, not as good as it should be, Working on that it just needs time, like a good wine.
2010 Buell 1125R, my favorite blaster.
2003 Harley FXDL 100th Anniversary, a little gem.
1975 Suzuki RE5 Rotary 1200km as new.
2012 Suzuki GSX1250FA the perfect Hack. Awesome Bike

Sixgunjr

• www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • CO

« Reply #13 on: May 26, 2015, 03:27:12 PM »

Just awful, a paint scheme only a mother could love..

dmark1

• www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • TX

« Reply #14 on: May 26, 2015, 04:42:00 PM »

Depends on the color scheme…black and tungsten look better than any bike out there...
Pages: [1] 2  All

Page created in 0.163 seconds with 24 queries.