Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Well Brett Farve Retire?  (Read 2163 times)

JR

• 2.5K CVO Member
  • Be Still and Know that I AM God
    • TN

• CVO1: 2012 ULTRA FLHTCUSE7
    • CVO2: 2005 SEEG FLHTCSE2
    • CVO3: 2000 SERG FLTRSEI
    • photobucket.com
Well Brett Farve Retire?
« on: January 01, 2007, 12:49:15 AM »

Gosh I Hope Not!!!!  :-[:-/ :'(

I have been a Bear fan all my life! I have watched some of the greatest players in this black and blue division!  Green Bay's Vince Lombardi, Bart Star, Ray Nitschke, Zeek Bratkowski, Lou Brock, Eddie Jankowski, Reggie White, Sterling Sharpe, James Lofton, and of course Brett Farve! Chicago's Papa Bear George Hallas, Mike Ditka, Dick Butkus, Gayle Sayers, Gary Fencik, Mike Singletary, Dan Hampton, "The Fridge", Walter Payton, Jim McMahon, and Brian Urlacher! What an awesome rivalry, Bears-Packers!

If the Bears were out of the playoffs and Packers were in, I would pull for the Packers, out of respect for the division. But when they met heads up, there was no respect for the cheese heads! ;D It was always a hard hitting game no matter what their records were!

Brett Farve has had his way with the Bears! In fact, if he was a Bear he would have crushed all records because he has put up some great numbers playing in Soldier Field! Brett Farve is all Class! He plays the game and has fun doing it. It will be a huge loss to football if he retires. I pray he holds on 1 more year as he showed tonight he can still compete. If Green Bay gets a few players to help him out I believe he can go out a winner!

It was painful to watch my Bears tonight but at the end of the game I was almost in tears as I didn't want to see a possible end to a career of IMHO the Greatest Quarterback in my generation!
Brett Farve, your all class.

Go Bears!

Special_Ed

• 1K CVO Member
  • Member#2263 DSPP#136,543,099
    • CVO2: 05' VRSCSE - sold
Re: Well Brett Farve Retire?
« Reply #1 on: January 01, 2007, 02:00:38 AM »

Gosh I Hope Not!!!!  :-[:-/ :'(

I have been a Bear fan all my life! I have watched some of the greatest players in this black and blue division!  Green Bay's Vince Lombardi, Bart Star, Ray Nitschke, Zeek Bratkowski, Lou Brock, Eddie Jankowski, Reggie White, Sterling Sharpe, James Lofton, and of course Brett Farve! Chicago's Papa Bear George Hallas, Mike Ditka, Dick Butkus, Gayle Sayers, Gary Fencik, Mike Singletary, Dan Hampton, "The Fridge", Walter Payton, Jim McMahon, and Brian Urlacher! What an awesome rivalry, Bears-Packers!

If the Bears were out of the playoffs and Packers were in, I would pull for the Packers, out of respect for the division. But when they met heads up, there was no respect for the cheese heads! ;D It was always a hard hitting game no matter what their records were!

Brett Farve has had his way with the Bears! In fact, if he was a Bear he would have crushed all records because he has put up some great numbers playing in Soldier Field! Brett Farve is all Class! He plays the game and has fun doing it. It will be a huge loss to football if he retires. I pray he holds on 1 more year as he showed tonight he can still compete. If Green Bay gets a few players to help him out I believe he can go out a winner!

It was painful to watch my Bears tonight but at the end of the game I was almost in tears as I didn't want to see a possible end to a career of IMHO the Greatest Quarterback in my generation!
Brett Farve, your all class.

Go Bears!

JR,
I have to agree, it was tough to watch the interview with Favre after their game. His has been such a great athlete. The game will not be the same without him.

The only difference is I have to say, "Go Pats!"

Ed [smiley=pepper.gif]
"Looks like we got a date with Destiny and she's ordering the lobstah..."

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
  • EBCM #1.5 Emeritus DSP # ? Critter Gawker #?
    • MO

• CVO1: 2000 Triple Red Screamin' Eagle Road Glide
    • CVO2: 2002 Candy Brandywine Screamin' Eagle Road King
    • CVO3: 1999 Arresting Red FXR2
« Reply #2 on: January 01, 2007, 05:58:17 AM »

Most amazing game I ever saw was the game he played right after his dad died.  But I think it's time to call it a career.  He still won't have a team around him in Green Bay next year; at least not good enough to compete for even a division title.  It wouldn't seem right if he jumped ship for just a season as it's hard to believe he'd be happy ending his career being thought of as a mercenary.  And too many folks would think, with all that going on, that he only came for the personal glory of beating Marino's touchdown record and Elway's wins record.  He's got his Super Bowls.  Might be time to call it a day.

SilverDawg

• Elite CVO Member
« Reply #3 on: January 01, 2007, 10:15:09 AM »

Favre has been a very durable, accomplished player in a tough league for a long time.  Surely a first ballot HOF'er.

However, if I were one of the many owners of "the Pack", I would have to think about the team, not just the individual.  They need to prepare for the future and staying with Mr. Favre is probably not the answer.  Way too many interceptions and his legs are not as fast as they used to be.

They have a pretty solid kid on the sidelines they need to begin grooming for the future.  Standing on the sidelines another year is not going to help him get his much needed experience.

Favre did a pretty good job without much talent around him this year.  They  need to stock the shelves with some skilled players and begin to develop a team that can get them back to the superbowl.

I believe Mr. Favre will stick around the game as some type of analyst and project the same enthusiasm in the box or studio that he created on the field.  He is a class act, but IMHO, he should go out with his head held high and move on to the next stage of his life.

BTW, it is spelled FAVRE, not FARVE  [smiley=oops.gif].  I don't know how they pronounce it how they do! [smiley=nixweiss.gif]
2008 FLHTCU Candy Red Sunglo -ABS/Security/SERT/V&H ovals
2008 FXCWC - Pacific Blue Pearl Deluxe-SOLD

The poster formally known as Cobaltman...

"As I grow older, I pay less attention to what men say.  I just watch what they do." - Andrew Carnegie

UltraPolecat

• Elite CVO Member
  • Good Bye Milk Dud! Hello Black Beauty!

• CVO1: 06 SEUC Black Candy Crimson
« Reply #4 on: January 01, 2007, 11:20:31 AM »

I have been a Lions fan (yes, there really are Lions fans) for nearly 50 years now.  I still have a special place in my heart for the old central division  (except for the bears) and Brett has lifted up our division.  We missed Barry Sanders when he left on top, and we will miss Tiki Barber too.

Now that I came to Carolina and we have the beginnings of a team here, I have split loyalties.  Absolutely no tradition here yet.

These special guys don't come around every day and are better than most, even when in the twilight of their career.  Hope he plays a couple more years.... 8-)

Black_Dog

• Full CVO Member
  • CVO Forum Member #157
« Reply #5 on: January 01, 2007, 11:35:56 AM »

What Cobaltman said is right on.

Tom [smiley=pumpkin.gif]
Packer Season Ticket Holder
« Last Edit: January 01, 2007, 11:40:13 AM by Black_Dog »
2004 FLHTCSE

naitram

• SMF Administrator
  • 10K CVO Member
    • MA

• CVO1: FLTRXSE2 "Marvin"
« Reply #6 on: January 01, 2007, 11:42:13 AM »

Testaverde threw for a TD yesterday making it 20 straight seasons, granted he isnt playing every game, but it shows that if he wants it there will be a place for him in the league next year
:cool26: naitram...

"I reject your reality and substitute my own."
"Work is the curse of the drinking class."

Grover

• 1K CVO Member
« Reply #7 on: January 04, 2007, 08:07:45 PM »

No. Brett will not retire this year. He still has too much left to offer the Packers & the NFL.

Depending on how his family feels, along with Green Bay, don't be surprised to see him back for the next two years. And you may think I'm nuts...but maybe a third.

Just my 4 cents.

Grover

Screamin_Beagle

• 1K CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG
« Reply #8 on: January 04, 2007, 08:28:22 PM »

Brett has a lot more game left in him..........You gotta love the guy as well as the GB fans!!!
These people ALWAYS pack the stadium (in sub freezing weather) and follow the team all over the country.  Funny story,  I was flying home from Milwaukee one time,  when the Pack was playing San Diego here in SoCal and had a morning flight.......I think it was a North West flight,  but the cheese heads were there (like 90% of the flight).  Friendly people,  fun loving......not to mention that they drank that plane dry within the first hour of the flight.  The flight attendants came into first class and asked us all what we planned to drink for the rest of the flight because they ran out of booze in the back.  These people would have drilled holes in the wings to get at the jet fuel if they could.  At the end of the flight,  nothing but laughing and cheering...........  good time!!!!!  They know how to have fun with out the "Raiders attitude" (ie.  no fights).

GB and all their fans have my utmost respect, and I hope Brett can give them at least one more year.

_Beagle
What ever it is that somebody did that you didn't want done.....................I either did it or had something to do with it!!!

07 CVO

• Elite CVO Member
  • SCREAMIN EAGLE!! Top of the Food chain!

• CVO1: FLHTCUSE2
« Reply #9 on: January 04, 2007, 10:28:11 PM »

I think Brett is the kind of man to walk away with his dignity
2007 FLHTCUSE2 Black and Orange
SE A/C, SERT, Samson Caliber True Duels
2006 Honda CBR 1000RR (SOLD)
2008 VW R32 #3719/5000 United Grey
2008 VW GTI

Screamin_Beagle

• 1K CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG
« Reply #10 on: January 04, 2007, 10:37:41 PM »

I hope not.
What ever it is that somebody did that you didn't want done.....................I either did it or had something to do with it!!!

The Bolvine Gigolo!

• 2.5K CVO Member
  • ALL IN A DAYS WORK!
    • CA

• CVO1: 2005 SEEG & 2011 Ultra -Sold
    • CVO2: 2014 Ultra
    • CVO3: 2013 SERG Custom Atomic Orange/ Galaxy Gray
« Reply #11 on: January 05, 2007, 04:00:10 AM »

I think he'll play again, Only if this surgery goes well and the family agree. [highlight]Ok! Grover you are nut's  [smiley=huepfenlol2.gif] maybe one more but not three !!!![/highlight]

Don
« Last Edit: January 05, 2007, 04:01:20 AM by iselbulls »

Grover

• 1K CVO Member
« Reply #12 on: January 08, 2007, 07:11:39 PM »

A Favre fan started up a website petitioning Brett to come back for 1 more year.

Here it is www.youcantretire.com

It cost nothing to sign the petition. After you sign and comment, click next. They will ask you for money. You don't need to donate. Just click ''back'' and your in. You can then read your response and some of the others. Some of them are pretty entertaining.

nidan

• 1K CVO Member
  • Keep the breeze between your knees

• CVO1: 02 FWDWG3 Stage IV 95 -sold
« Reply #13 on: January 09, 2007, 08:26:11 AM »

It was great to see Brett win that game, from the post game interview though it looked like he was saying his good byes.  He is one of my all time favorites, a shoe in for the Hall of Fame.  Thanks for all the great memories Brett!
CVO -'02 FWDWG3 Stage IV 95 -sold
'07 FLHX Stage II 103 95hp/111lbs ft
'09 FJR 1300- 145hp /99 lbs ft
2011 Mustang GT 412hp/390 lbs ft

Ironhorse

• Vendor
  • 2.5K CVO Member
    • CA

• CVO1: 2006 SE Ultra
    • CVO2: 2018 GoldWing DCT Airbag
« Reply #14 on: January 10, 2007, 01:11:26 AM »

I think he should retire.

Having said that, I'll add that it is in the nature of EVERY athlete to want to keep playing. Because that's what they do. However, there was nothing sadder than seeing an old Johnny Unitas in a Chargers uniform sticking around for five games just to get 40,000 yards. It was just as sad to see Joe Namath in a Rams uniform.

But, as the age less Rocky Balboa said, when it comes to the ups, downs, and unexpected things in life, "It's not about how many hits you can take, it's about taking the hits and keep moving forward". Bretts taken more than his share of hits. It's time for him to move forward.
"But men are men, the best sometimes forget" Shakespeare, Othello Act 2, Scene 3

Page created in 0.191 seconds with 21 queries.