Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4  All

Author Topic: indian 5 year warranty offer and $1,500.00 credit  (Read 8483 times)

brwk

• Full CVO Member
  • Annv #782

• CVO1: 2013 FLHTCUSE8
Re: indian 5 year warranty offer and $1,500.00 credit
« Reply #30 on: October 27, 2015, 12:23:36 PM »

Sorry, IMO they are ugly and totally lost the styling of the old ones.

HUBBARD

• 2.5K CVO Member
  • FLHTCUSE7
    • WV

« Reply #31 on: October 27, 2015, 02:55:54 PM »

The Indian product just doesn't have the "quality" look......to me, anyway.  Victory, the same.  Harley may be bringing up the rear on reliability issues, but HD's outward appearance, chrome, paint, etc., are far and above anything else.  But that's just my .02.  What the phuck do I know?  I gotta' put glasses on to see that stuff up close, anyway!  No Indians for Ol' HUB!   :huepfenlol2:  Later--HUBBARD 
2012 FLHTCUSE7  (Electric Orange/Black)  Built Motor (124), D&D "Borzilla" Exhaust, Tilley/K&N Air Induction,
"National President"-"Hillbilly Rocket Riders", MC, Mother Chapter, WV
"National President"-"W.H.O.R.E", TPT, WV Chapter

Rooster

• 5k CVO Member
  • FLhtcuse2.ORG
« Reply #32 on: October 27, 2015, 03:05:53 PM »

Agree....
Agree....
Agree....although the Scout doesn't fit me well (handlebars, reach).

K'ville Indian had 4 of the Vintage bikes custom painted by a local vendor (they've sold two).  This one really stood out to me...
I have a friend that bought one just like this. He loves the bike but says its a bear to handle at slow speeds almost dropped several times. I agree with Hubbard as the main reason we stick with HD.
« Last Edit: October 27, 2015, 03:10:13 PM by Rooster »

HUBBARD

• 2.5K CVO Member
  • FLHTCUSE7
    • WV

« Reply #33 on: October 27, 2015, 03:32:36 PM »

I have a friend that bought one just like this. He loves the bike but says its a bear to handle at slow speeds almost dropped several times. I agree with Hubbard as the main reason we stick with HD.

Yeah, even sittin' on the side of the road, broke down, with side covers, seat, and Saddle Bags strewn all over the place, a Harley is still the best lookin' Motorsickle on the road!  8)  Later--HUBBARD 
2012 FLHTCUSE7  (Electric Orange/Black)  Built Motor (124), D&D "Borzilla" Exhaust, Tilley/K&N Air Induction,

Rooster

• 5k CVO Member
  • FLhtcuse2.ORG
« Reply #34 on: October 27, 2015, 03:35:50 PM »

Hey, you forgot "there endeth the lesson" :drink:

SDCVO

• 2.5K CVO Member
  • 19 CVO RG-12 CVO RG
    • CA

• CVO1: 2019 Mako Shark Roadglide
    • CVO2: 2012 Maple Roadglide
    • CVO3: 2019 BMW K1600 Grand America
« Reply #35 on: October 27, 2015, 11:54:38 PM »

I'm waiting to see what happens with the BMW concept 101. I would love to see that bike go to production.

BigLew
Never happen..
Alan

HUBBARD

• 2.5K CVO Member
  • FLHTCUSE7
    • WV

« Reply #36 on: October 28, 2015, 09:28:30 AM »

Hey, you forgot "there endeth the lesson" :drink:

Hehehe.  I stand corrected, Rooster!  8) Later--HUBBARD

Dr.D

• 1K CVO Member

• CVO1: 09 SEDFB Sunrise Yellow and Black Quartz
    • CVO2: 2014 CVO Limited silver/orange
    • CVO3: 2015 Indian Vintage Custom 57 Chevy Blue
« Reply #37 on: October 28, 2015, 09:56:15 AM »

Wow my wife of 5'4" says it is the easiest bike to ride that she has ever ridden. She probably has 3000 miles of the 8000 and has never come close to dropping it.

I remember back in 09 when I bought my RK(first HD) I thought the fairing bikes were ugly and the RG the worst. I got used to looking at the bikes and came to like the way they look. Funny how things change with time. I used to think 50 y/o old ladies were old and ugly but now being 56 myself the wife of 53 ain't so bad. ;D

Rooster

• 5k CVO Member
  • FLhtcuse2.ORG
« Reply #38 on: October 29, 2015, 02:58:33 PM »

Good for her. Well my friend is 69 so maybe its time for a third wheel. I don't think I will be the one to suggest.  :D

TNCarters

• Elite CVO Member

• CVO1: 2015 CVO RGU
    • CVO2: 2011 Ultra Limited (Traded)
« Reply #39 on: October 29, 2015, 04:00:09 PM »

Thought yall would find this interesting.  Someone sent it to me recently and I do not know background of how much is stock.

Ron
2015 CVO RGU
Burgundy Blaze

Rooster

• 5k CVO Member
  • FLhtcuse2.ORG
« Reply #40 on: October 29, 2015, 04:13:58 PM »

That looks way better than the 2 wheel version. I like the rear fenders matching the front. Wonder who made that one. Hannigan maybe?

Para Bellum

• Si vis pacem, para bellum.
  • 1K CVO Member

• CVO1: '07 Canyon Copper FXSTSSE, '08 Crystal Copper SEUC
    • CVO2: '11 Slate/Blk SERGU, '18 Twisted Cherry RGU
« Reply #41 on: October 29, 2015, 05:16:07 PM »

At Sturgis 2014, I rode the Indian Roadmaster (full-dresser) two separate times, but have not ridden the Vintage.  The Roadmaster had a much lower center of gravity than the RGU or EGU, and was much easier to handle at takeoff and landing.  I didn't do any other slow-speed maneuvering, so I can't compare that aspect.  I know this isn't a direct comparison, but still, it's hard to imagine that a non-fairing and non-tour pack Vintage would be worse than a Roadmaster.  Stranger things have happened, though.
If you want peace, prepare for war.

CaptRat

• www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • GA

• CVO1: 2016 CVO RGU
« Reply #42 on: October 30, 2015, 08:25:37 AM »

I demo'd a Chieftan and Vintage at Biketoberfest in Daytona a couple of weeks ago. I wasn't impressed.

The Chieftan fairing is not attractive and seems incomplete, almost an afterthought. The gauges are small, the radio speakers are crap, the only good thing about it is the adjustable windshield. It was about 83 degrees with a light wind, but there was a ton of heat coming off the engine on the left side (both Vintage and Chieftan.) It kind of felt like when there's a strong crosswind blowing the heat through to one side. But this was on both bikes and was constant through the 20 minute rides no matter what the direction of travel.

The engine is smooth until load is applied, then it picks up a rumbling vibration. I'm not sure how that would be on a long day at speed. The tranny has a whine in almost all of the gears and has a louder clunk on shifting than any Harley I've ridden.

I didn't get a chance to ride a Scout, but I'll pass on the Indian baggers.
Rat

2016 FLTRUSE, Ruby Red/Palladium Silver, Jackpot exhaust/slipons, Heads ported & polished, Powervision, Target Tune.
2008 FLHTCU, Candy Red Sunglo, 110", Rinehart true duals, massive chrome, 66,000 miles (traded)
2004 FLHTCUI, Lava Red Sunglo, 95", V&H true duals, 57,500 miles (traded)
2000 FLHR, Luxury Rich Red/Vivid Black, 95", Baker 6 speed, V&H exhaust, 37,500 miles (sold)

fairway phil

« Reply #43 on: October 30, 2015, 01:44:41 PM »

:)What to think. I have a 2014 Chieftain and must say i like it, agree it's not like my HD CVO Ultra and I'm glad. I bought the bike because i wanted something different and i must say it is an awesome ride. I have 3400 miles on it and have not experience any of the things some of you are saying. It's all about what you want and are happy with. I could go on about the differences. I would not trash talk the Indian down until you really get out and ride one a great fair of distance you might be amazed.

Dr.D

• 1K CVO Member

• CVO1: 09 SEDFB Sunrise Yellow and Black Quartz
    • CVO2: 2014 CVO Limited silver/orange
    • CVO3: 2015 Indian Vintage Custom 57 Chevy Blue
« Reply #44 on: November 02, 2015, 10:50:43 AM »

At Sturgis 2014, I rode the Indian Roadmaster (full-dresser) two separate times, but have not ridden the Vintage.  The Roadmaster had a much lower center of gravity than the RGU or EGU, and was much easier to handle at takeoff and landing.  I didn't do any other slow-speed maneuvering, so I can't compare that aspect.  I know this isn't a direct comparison, but still, it's hard to imagine that a non-fairing and non-tour pack Vintage would be worse than a Roadmaster.  Stranger things have happened, though.

The rake is greater on the Vintage than it is on the Chieftain of Roadmaster and that can make slow speed maneuvering a bit more challenging.

:)What to think. I have a 2014 Chieftain and must say i like it, agree it's not like my HD CVO Ultra and I'm glad. I bought the bike because i wanted something different and i must say it is an awesome ride. I have 3400 miles on it and have not experience any of the things some of you are saying. It's all about what you want and are happy with. I could go on about the differences. I would not trash talk the Indian down until you really get out and ride one a great fair of distance you might be amazed.

I have nearly 9000 on the Vintage now  and can confirm it is a nice machine and a bit different than the Harleys.

Rooster you may be wise to not push the trike thing on  a buddy. I tried that a couple weeks back and nearly got my head bit off.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4  All

Page created in 0.202 seconds with 21 queries.