Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Run/brake/turn signal module kit  (Read 2109 times)

Tros

Run/brake/turn signal module kit
« on: March 09, 2007, 09:47:43 PM »

I installed this kit (PN 69462-06A) on my Softail this evening.  100% more rear lighting with just a plug & play module.  I'm impressed. :2vrolijk_21:

jeffj

• 1K CVO Member
  • "Teach a man to swim, but not while he's drowning"

• CVO1: 2004 Orange Pearl and Jet Black FLHTCSE & 2002 Candy/Brandywine FLHRSEI
    • CVO2: 2006 Autumn Haze FLHTCUSE Sold - 11-11-12 Bought another 2006 SEUC
    • CVO3: 2003 Gold FLHRSEI2 Sold CVO4: 2002 Purple FLHRSEI Crashed
Re: Run/brake/turn signal module kit
« Reply #1 on: March 09, 2007, 11:17:25 PM »

I have been using this system for the past 3 scooters - with todays drivers doing anything and everything while driving their cars
I want to make sure they can see me as best I can. Great system and very easy to install.

jeffj

VaEagle

• 2.5K CVO Member
    • VA

• CVO1: 06 FLHTCUSE Autumn Haze -SOLD
    • CVO2: 09 FLTRSE3 Orange- sold
    • CVO3: Who knows what?
« Reply #2 on: March 09, 2007, 11:29:28 PM »

Hi Tros,
If I had a softail bike I would consider installing the module.
Since I have a bagger I chose to keep the turn signals yellow so they would stand out when I chose to make a turn. I increased my rear lighting with saddlebag spoiler and latch LEDS, as well as the Tour Pak LED light bar and the rear fender rail LED bar. All of those lights are farther away from the center tail light than turn signals and gives a driver behind me a greater sense of the bike's size and location. If the turn signals were also red then the person behind me might not notice my intention to turn.

PHAZE

• 1K CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG

• CVO1: '05 SEEG/'06 CUSE/'07 SERK/'09 SERG (ALL SOLD)
    • CVO2: '09 CVO Fat Bob Black Diamond/Fire Quartz (SOLD)
    • CVO3: '11.5 CVO Ultra Classic Twilight Blue/Candy Cobalt
« Reply #3 on: March 09, 2007, 11:44:23 PM »

I've got the module on the CUSE that gives me a brake light function in the turn signals, but I think the the newer module provides turn signal, brake light, and running light fuction in the turn signals.  I'm putting it on an '07 SERK.  I've got the saddle bag spoilers on the CUSE, so probably won't change out the module to add the running light function.  I didn't take the time to check part numbers on the two different modules.

Tros

« Reply #4 on: March 09, 2007, 11:48:51 PM »

Hi Tros,
If I had a softail bike I would consider installing the module.
Since I have a bagger I chose to keep the turn signals yellow so they would stand out when I chose to make a turn. I increased my rear lighting with saddlebag spoiler and latch LEDS, as well as the Tour Pak LED light bar and the rear fender rail LED bar. All of those lights are farther away from the center tail light than turn signals and gives a driver behind me a greater sense of the bike's size and location. If the turn signals were also red then the person behind me might not notice my intention to turn.

I agree with that.  The baggers have so many light options. (you can never have too many lights ;))   

With my Tombestone taillight, this kit really lit up the rear of the bike without changing the classic look.

Tros

« Reply #5 on: March 09, 2007, 11:52:55 PM »

I've got the module on the CUSE that gives me a brake light function in the turn signals, but I think the the newer module provides turn signal, brake light, and running light fuction in the turn signals.  I'm putting it on an '07 SERK.  I've got the saddle bag spoilers on the CUSE, so probably won't change out the module to add the running light function.  I didn't take the time to check part numbers on the two different modules.

The one I used does it all: turn, brake, running & 4 way flashers without changing bulbs. 

Tros

« Reply #6 on: March 09, 2007, 11:54:31 PM »

I have been using this system for the past 3 scooters - with todays drivers doing anything and everything while driving their cars
I want to make sure they can see me as best I can. Great system and very easy to install.

jeffj
Thanks. I was glad to hear from someone with long term experience with this part.

RJ749

• SEEG Cult Newbie
  • 10K CVO Member

• CVO1: 2006 FLHTCUSE
    • CVO2: 2005 FLHTCSE
    • CVO3: 2002 FXDWG3
« Reply #7 on: March 10, 2007, 02:09:21 AM »

Thanks. I was glad to hear from someone with long term experience with this part.

Yep, they are great, I have had them on all of my bikes since the 90's too.

Page created in 0.136 seconds with 21 queries.