Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7]  All

Author Topic: What do you want in a club/Membership? (like HOG)  (Read 9326 times)

Keats

• 2.5K CVO Member
  • Do not be led astray

• CVO1: 2008 FLHTCUSE3
    • CVO2: 2003 FXSTDSEI
Re: What do you want in a club/Membership? (like HOG)
« Reply #90 on: January 14, 2009, 10:00:39 PM »

How about HOG developing a "list" of biker friendly establishments and destinations other than just Harley Dealers.

eating establishments unique in nature and lodging in the same manner.

pre determined exceptional motorcycle routes could not be that hard to do.

I would appreciate some of those features.

Formally FLHTCUSE3
SoA #99.9            "Never say Die"
SEST,   open A/C , dyno tuned, D&D Fatcats 2 into 1 ceramic coated, new SE CNC Ported and coated Heads with 2.120 intake valve, SE camplate,
Jims SE Crank "Darkhorsed", Timkin conversion, Andrews 54H cams, Arnott Air shocks, intimidator front valves, HID headlights, LED turn signals, Moto Lights,  Zumo 550, SE compensator.

1abastarsmda

• 2.5K CVO Member
    • PA

• CVO1: 2021 CVO Limited
« Reply #91 on: January 14, 2009, 10:05:52 PM »

One of the things I thought would be a good benefit was for a Dealer to give CVO customers a "red Carpet" treatment or a priority service.
1. Dealers treat there best and most loyal customers the same as any other customer,
I understand this, but how hard would it be to push CVO cust to the front of the line?
Each dealer cannot have that many CVO's out there 3-6 bikes of each model each year.
how many can there be?  10 - 20 /year. 10 years of bikes cannot be more than  75 - 100 bikes (early on there were not so many available)
giving that many bikes a priority would not upset the cart, and can be easily explained to a reg customer (may not like it but would understand)

And it would be a bonus to the CVO crowd.

I am surprised that I have never heard of a Dealer doing this, if the price is the same you need to increase service satisfaction to beat other dealers at the game.

Problem is that the CVO's are a low supply/high demand bike.  The dealer really doesn't have to offer anything extra to sell the CVO's...for the most part.  I know I have still seen a few sit for quite a while without selling (some models).  When I bought mine, I knew as soon as I saw it that if I didn't take it immediately, it would be gone.  Less than an hour into getting the deal done, a couple walked in looking for my bike, ready to buy.  I could see that the wife was more upset that it was sold than he was, but I wasn't letting go.  I should have offered it to them for an extra 4 or 5 grand.

Keats

• 2.5K CVO Member
  • Do not be led astray

« Reply #92 on: January 14, 2009, 10:09:16 PM »

If some service dept. pushed my bike back to let a CVO in front it would be the last time for a real long time that they did. No objection to waiting on a traveler but that's a whole different deal.

Just sayin.
Not saying you would like it, but this happens all of the time (preference given to the best customers)

do you really think mini vans get equal footing to a Corvette?

most times it would be an invisible preference, like the best mechanics only work on CVO's or They get squezed in the service schedule were others are by appoinment only.  (remember that you have the choice to buy or not buy a CVO)

My BMW dealer gives me better treatment because I drive a M5 vs an X3.

They do not offend the 3 driver they just give me more attention.

Formally FLHTCUSE3
SEST,   open A/C , dyno tuned, D&D Fatcats 2 into 1 ceramic coated, new SE CNC Ported and coated Heads with 2.120 intake valve, SE camplate,
Jims SE Crank "Darkhorsed", Timkin conversion, Andrews 54H cams, Arnott Air shocks, intimidator front valves, HID headlights, LED turn signals, Moto Lights,  Zumo 550, SE compensator.

Keats

• 2.5K CVO Member
  • Do not be led astray

« Reply #93 on: January 14, 2009, 10:11:39 PM »

Problem is that the CVO's are a low supply/high demand bike.  The dealer really doesn't have to offer anything extra to sell the CVO's...for the most part.  I know I have still seen a few sit for quite a while without selling (some models).  When I bought mine, I knew as soon as I saw it that if I didn't take it immediately, it would be gone.  Less than an hour into getting the deal done, a couple walked in looking for my bike, ready to buy.  I could see that the wife was more upset that it was sold than he was, but I wasn't letting go.  I should have offered it to them for an extra 4 or 5 grand.
You may be right, but what I would suggest would not cost the dealer any money and goes a long way to cementing a better long term relationship
Formally FLHTCUSE3

1abastarsmda

• 2.5K CVO Member
    • PA

« Reply #94 on: January 14, 2009, 10:12:51 PM »

How about HOG developing a "list" of biker friendly establishments and destinations other than just Harley Dealers.

I might be more prone to take that kind of advice from someone on this forum before using an outdated list gathered together by Harley.  Everything can change quickly with changes in ownership or a one time bad experience that changes an establishment's outlook.  I couldn't imagine them doing a good job of real-time updating of a database like that, and you may end up with places that no longer even exist.  I'm not saying that it wouldn't be a good thing, but I don't know if it's something that I could feel that I could rely upon.

1abastarsmda

• 2.5K CVO Member
    • PA

« Reply #95 on: January 14, 2009, 10:23:36 PM »

You may be right, but what I would suggest would not cost the dealer any money and goes a long way to cementing a better long term relationship

Agreed.  Even telling us we get special treatment might help us feel better.  I did things my own way.  When they stumbled with giving me the kind of service I expected, I called the Sales Manager and read him the riot act.  I pointed out how much I have spent in that dealership in just the last 2 years, that I had only begun spending on my new bike, and that there are plenty of other dealers just as close by that would love to take my business away from them.  I further went on to tell him that the salesman that sold me my previous bike is the sales manager at another dealer now, and that he has been trying to give me incentives to work with him.  It appears that they are back on their game with me now, as they were in the past.  I think I got his attention when I asked him how many other customers have spent over $70,000 there in the past 2 years.  The fact is, I did something I regret though.  I bought a 3 year service agreement from them also, which covers all of my maintenance and extra oil changes, etc...so I'm not really about to go anywhere else for those things now.

Keats

• 2.5K CVO Member
  • Do not be led astray

« Reply #96 on: January 14, 2009, 10:30:34 PM »

My main point is to find things that we would appreciate, and that would not cost the dealer any or much money to care of a small percentage of their best customers.

like if you have a CVO bought from the dealer he will pick up and deliver it to your door step for service if needed.
in a bad weather area this is important. (we all would like to ride our bikes)
or a courtesy shuttle one way back?

Formally FLHTCUSE3

1abastarsmda

• 2.5K CVO Member
    • PA

« Reply #97 on: January 14, 2009, 10:53:56 PM »

I went to a performance seminar at the dealer tonight.  They kept stressing the fact that they offer free pickup and delivery of bikes...but not just for CVO's.  That's definitely something to be appreciative for, but I guarantee it will be tossed into the price somewhere.  They were really pushing the Screamin Eagle parts there, especially the upgrade kits.  Of course, I was the only one there with a 110 engine.

What I really want from a dealer is priority service to get me bike in, get it done quickly, get it done correctly the first time, delivered back to me with no scratches or dents, and not returned to me with some half a$$ed wash job.  Actually, they have been instructed to never wash my bike again, unless they are prepared to do a complete detail.  So basically, I just want them to take care of me quickly and do the job right.  I don't think it's asking too much.  Problem is that is never going to happen because of any national campaign.  Each dealer is still going to do their thing, whether that be good or bad.

I'm supposed to get first priority because of the service plan I purchased.  I guess I'll find out how that all works out.  BTW, are other dealers around the country offering this maintenance plan?  I get free scheduled maintenance for 3 years, up to the 30,000 mile maintenance, 2 or 3 interim oil changes if I want, and a dynotune when I reach 1000 miles.  It cost about $1700.  I figured out that at their rates, I'm in the black by the 15,000 maintenance.

Gone Fishin'

• The Director
  • 1K CVO Member

• CVO1: 2016 FLHTKSE Limited®, Black Sparkle and 2010 FLHTCUSE5 Ultra Classic®, Crimson Mist Black/Dark Slate, # 110 of 992
    • CVO2: 2007 FLHRSE3 Screamin' Eagle® Road King®, Black Ice, 1 of 1325
    • CVO3: 2001 FXDWG2, Scarlet Red and 2000 FXR4, Candy Tangerine, 1 of 316
« Reply #98 on: January 15, 2009, 04:17:58 AM »

@FLHTCUSE3

@1abastarsmda
I might be more prone to take that kind of advice from someone on this forum before using an outdated list gathered together by Harley.  Everything can change quickly with changes in ownership or a one time bad experience that changes an establishment's outlook.  I couldn't imagine them doing a good job of real-time updating of a database like that, and you may end up with places that no longer even exist.  I'm not saying that it wouldn't be a good thing, but I don't know if it's something that I could feel that I could rely upon.

I do not think Harley's vision of a biker friendly establishment is the same as, e.g. ours. Other than that Harley has over time development a quite comprehensive offering of little services grouped in the "Experience" section of their website. For route planning their enhanced route planner is not a bad option, and it is synchronized with dealer and event POI's. I see that offering increasing, since for now they'll sell less bikes, hence have to help everybody using their bikes more and more ... ;-).
H.O.G. does not have anything comparable. It is upon the individual chapters to help riders.

Ride safely,
Louis

1914 10E, Grey
1956 FLH Custom, Candy Orange
1988 FXRS Custom, "S.O.A."
2000 FLSTF Custom Fat Boy, "Jumpin' Jack Flash"
2000 FXSTS Custom Springer Softail, Grey
2000 FXR4, Candy Tangerine
2001 FXDWG2, Scarlet Red
2005 FLHTCSE2, -9/07
2007 FLHRSE3, Black Ice
2008 FLHTCUSE3, -7/08
2009 FLHTCUSE4, -4/10
2010 FLHTCUSE5-BLK, Crimson Mist Black/Dark Slate
2012 VRSCDX ANV, Brilliant Silver Pearl
2016 FLHTKSE, Black Sparkle
2016 XL1200CX Roadster, Vivid Black
2018 FLFBS ANV
CVO 1480 IBA 26678
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7]  All

Page created in 0.178 seconds with 21 queries.