Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [All]

Author Topic: Well twist my arm!!!!  (Read 1710 times)

Terminator

• Junior CVO Member
Well twist my arm!!!!
« on: May 09, 2009, 04:53:29 PM »

What do you think of this?  My dealer asked me this, "If I give you one of my new 2009 rental bikes for a week at no charge, will you break it in for it's initial 1000 mile service?"  He has 6 Dressers and thought maybe I'd do this for a couple of them before the rental season starts.  I'm pretty sure I said' "Hell Yes!"
09 FLHTCUSE Red
2010 Road King Scarlet & Black
Wife's ride - 2010 FLHXXX Black

SE05

• Senior CVO Member
  • aka - Mrs. SBB
Re: Well twist my arm!!!!
« Reply #1 on: May 09, 2009, 04:55:10 PM »

WOW!!  Too bad we don't live closer to ... I'd help ya :2vrolijk_21: :2vrolijk_21: :2vrolijk_21:!!! 

murphy

• Vendor
  • 2.5K CVO Member
« Reply #2 on: May 09, 2009, 05:48:46 PM »

I'm booking my flight now!!!!

charlie

« Reply #3 on: May 09, 2009, 05:56:33 PM »

I want some of that.

MIKEYTEE

• 5k CVO Member
  • aka. Uncle Mikey! Mikeytee for Burbon Judge and
    • SC

• CVO1: 1999 ROADGLIDE Ultra SOLD
« Reply #4 on: May 11, 2009, 07:32:50 PM »

Terminator
You are one lucky guy, and nobody here is green with envy.
Have fun!
Mike
 :drink:
Co-Founder /National Board Member/ Zen Master of CVO Harley Pondering,Hankering, & Moseying Society with all Honors, Rights and Accolades.

Charter Member CVO Harley Critter Gawking Society
Charter Member Husband Saints Society. We have Lucky Wives!
I saw the worlds largest ball of string in Cawker City, Kansas

Terminator

• Junior CVO Member
« Reply #5 on: May 12, 2009, 08:46:44 AM »

Picked one up last night after work.  Brand new Ultra Classic had 3 miles on it.  Didn't have much time for riding last night but it has 122 now.  The weekend ahead is supposed to be good weather (lower 60s) so I told them to schedule the service, I'll turn the bike in Monday.
 By the way, this was my first chance to ride Harley's new touring frame.  I have to say I LIKE IT!  Didn't open her up too hard in the turns yet but she seemed very stable in the turns and mid turn bumps produced no rear bounce and wobble effect that I've seen in various degrees on all my 08 and earlier Touring Harleys.   Will be able to make a firmer call on it all after more miles, so I'll keep working on it.
09 FLHTCUSE Red

JeffsHogPen

• Senior CVO Member

• CVO1: 2007 FXSTSSE
    • CVO2: 2001 FLHR
« Reply #6 on: May 12, 2009, 11:13:41 AM »

It must be nice!!!!! Enjoy and be Safe.....Jeff
Hookem¨Horns!!!!!

9 1/2 Beers

• Blu
  • Global Moderator
  • 5k CVO Member
    • CA

• CVO1: 2009 FLHTCUSE4 (ZIGGY) Stardust Silver / Twilight Blue
    • CVO2: 2022 Ultra Limited FLHTK Reef Blue / Vivid Black
« Reply #7 on: May 12, 2009, 12:19:29 PM »

Demo a brand new bike ? You are one lucky guy  :2vrolijk_21:

Marty
"Let the road go on forever and the party never end "

Driftercat

« Reply #8 on: May 12, 2009, 09:54:50 PM »

I've been enjoying a demo ride every day and she's all mine. Well I guess eventually the demo ride feel might wear off but until then I'll ride it like I stole it until its broke in.

TheVgirl

• 1K CVO Member
  • Hold on bro! Life is one heckuva ride.

• CVO1: 2005 VRSCSE Two-tone Electric Orange and Black
    • CVO2: 2005 FLHTCSE2 Sunrise Yellow Pearl and Stingray Silver sold
« Reply #9 on: May 17, 2009, 10:19:51 PM »

I'm sure there is a hotel close to the dealer and we all could use a vacation in Montana!!!  If it gets too tough for you, I could help you out.    :2vrolijk_21:
~TheVgirl~  2005 VRSCSE Two-tone Electric Orange and Black

"The shortest distance between two points is a straight line, but on a motorcycle you want to take the longest way to get there."  - Jerry "Motorman" Palladino

JCZ

• Global Moderator
  • 10K CVO Member
    • AZ

• CVO1: 04 SEEG...sold
    • CVO2: 10 SESG...sold
    • CVO3: 13 FLHTCSE 8
« Reply #10 on: May 18, 2009, 10:12:54 AM »

I was at the dealership in Reno yesterday and saw an ad they have for The Ultimate Demo Ride.  You rent three bikes of your choice for $120 for the day.  They have to all three be ridden on the same day.....it's $120 for the day.  I thought that was a good deal for those who are new to Harley or to a particular model and just aren't sure which one to get.
Never trade the thrills of living for the security of existence.  Remember...it's the journey, not the destination!

West Coast GTG   
Reno, NV (04), Reno, NV (05),  Cripple Creek, CO (06)  Hood River, OR (09), Lake Tahoe, CA (11) Carmel, CA (14), Ouray CO (15) Fortuna, Ca. (16)

Terminator

• Junior CVO Member
« Reply #11 on: May 18, 2009, 07:34:45 PM »

JCZ,
That is a pretty cool deal for folks to get to try out three riggs.  They had a demo day at the Red Rock HD in Vegas when I was there on the weekend of their grand opening and even had a CVO ultra for demo rides there.  But it was a very short guided ride.  I don't know if it works every where but at our dealer  they'll rent you one of his rentals and if you buy any bike within 30 days you get the rental price (up to 3 days worth) credited back to you.  I think it's within 30 days, could be more.  I've been offered a free test ride more than once.  Hell, I test rode a brand spanking new Gold Wing 50 miles before I ended up ordering one of a different color.  And I told the dealer I didn't want the one I rode before ever I rode it.  Small town thing maybe.  You know, "Where everybody knows your name".

Well I turned this one in this morning with 1189 miles on it.  Only had a couple of evenings and the weekend of decent weather but it is broke in for the first service.  Rode 483 Saturday and 389 Sunday.  I do like the new 2009 frame and other changes.  Whew, the work is never done.  Gotta run another 1000 off on one this week.  Doesn't pay very well but I love this job.  Not really a job, but if it was I think I'd take it.  Yeh, I want to be a Harley Test Pilot.  Where do I apply for that?
09 FLHTCUSE Red

sem_bunda

• Full CVO Member

• CVO1: FLTRSE3 Electric Orange
« Reply #12 on: May 21, 2009, 04:28:56 PM »

Terminator, tell your HD shop to convince the Dallas HD shop to do the same program.  Pretty sure I could sign up for that too.  You're one lucky hog...

Terminator

• Junior CVO Member
« Reply #13 on: June 02, 2009, 08:04:47 PM »

Well turned the second bike in with 1015 miles Sunday.  Monday drove the truck (took daughter, wife and son-in-law along) to Vegas and Grand Canyon North rim last week.  Stopped by the dealer today to see if there was any news on the CVO Ultra.  Supposed to be here next Thursday (11th).  Shop owner says he has another Ultra that needs broken in if I want it for a week.  Guess I'll have to take him up on it tommorrow after work.  Better get the yard mowed early this week.

09 FLHTCUSE Red

sem_bunda

• Full CVO Member

• CVO1: FLTRSE3 Electric Orange
« Reply #14 on: June 10, 2009, 05:27:53 PM »

Terminator, keep us posted - with pics!

1abastarsmda

• 2.5K CVO Member
    • PA

• CVO1: 2021 CVO Limited
« Reply #15 on: June 11, 2009, 01:52:41 AM »

JCZ,
That is a pretty cool deal for folks to get to try out three riggs.  They had a demo day at the Red Rock HD in Vegas when I was there on the weekend of their grand opening and even had a CVO ultra for demo rides there.  But it was a very short guided ride.  I don't know if it works every where but at our dealer  they'll rent you one of his rentals and if you buy any bike within 30 days you get the rental price (up to 3 days worth) credited back to you.  I think it's within 30 days, could be more.  I've been offered a free test ride more than once.  Hell, I test rode a brand spanking new Gold Wing 50 miles before I ended up ordering one of a different color.  And I told the dealer I didn't want the one I rode before ever I rode it.  Small town thing maybe.  You know, "Where everybody knows your name".

Well I turned this one in this morning with 1189 miles on it.  Only had a couple of evenings and the weekend of decent weather but it is broke in for the first service.  Rode 483 Saturday and 389 Sunday.  I do like the new 2009 frame and other changes.  Whew, the work is never done.  Gotta run another 1000 off on one this week.  Doesn't pay very well but I love this job.  Not really a job, but if it was I think I'd take it.  Yeh, I want to be a Harley Test Pilot.  Where do I apply for that?

You asked where to apply for the Test Pilot job...this could be Harley looking for just that position.  http://www.mymotorcyclejobs.com/ViewJob.asp?JobID=1147&page=&Keyword=&JobCategoryID=ALL&RegionID=199

Terminator

• Junior CVO Member
« Reply #16 on: June 14, 2009, 08:37:03 AM »

Now that would be an awesome job.  And I think I could do it.  But, after 26 years on all over assignments in the military, I kinda like settling down where I am and being around for my family.  I wonder where one would have to go to pick up these bikes and such?  I'm a little out of shape for the sportbike saddle stance but I think I might shoot them and e-mail for more info any way.
09 FLHTCUSE Red

bobroadglide

• Full CVO Member

• CVO1: 09 Silver SERG
    • CVO2: 05 Cherry SEEG
« Reply #17 on: June 14, 2009, 08:40:25 PM »

BEWARE the rental bike break-in trap.....don't cause any damage, you will pay for it, and really pay.  I had a friend that was a mechanic at the local dealership and they had him break-in bikes, until he got hi from behind.  They had insurance on the bike, which pays the dealership, but not your costs.  Not only do you owe Harley for the damage, you are not covered for your medical expenses.  So here is this mechanic who could not work for a week, he didn't get paid, they don't cover your medical expenses, and then they tell him he owes Harley big bucks for the bike damage, even though they had insurance.

Terminator

• Junior CVO Member
« Reply #18 on: June 15, 2009, 08:04:37 PM »

Before I took him up on the ride I asked my insurance agent about riding a rental, borrowed, or otherwise not my own.  They said the type policy I had on my other two bikes would pass all my coverage to any bike I rode as long as I did not ride it for more than 30 consecutive days.  My coverage stays with me and any immediate family I have as passengers.  They did tell me that if it was a dealer owned bike they would need to see a rental agreement for me to file any claims and after 30 days I would have to get separate coverage for that bike.  I did sign a rental agreement to allow that coverage, but the shop owner signed a waiver for the normal 1000 dollar customer damage deductible claus that usually applies to the renter through the Harley rental agreement.  He told me he would cover the bike 100%, but since I was riding it I felt I should assume the responsibility for it just as I would my own.  I also was pretty sure that his insurance wouldn't do anything for my personal health losses so I made sure my own insurance did.  As we all know Sh-- happens no matter who you are so I asked lots of questions and got answers in writing before I jumped on someone elses $20k+ ride and threw the wife on the back.  I've been with this insurance company for 28+ years and they've always treated me right and beat the snot out of any competitors prices I've been quoted.

Anyway I'm done testing, for now.  I picked up my 09 Ultra SE last Wednesday after a nine month wait, so I got my own new toy to try out now.

09 FLHTCUSE Red

bobroadglide

• Full CVO Member

• CVO1: 09 Silver SERG
    • CVO2: 05 Cherry SEEG
« Reply #19 on: June 20, 2009, 03:07:11 PM »

Smart move checking with your insurance company, and congratulations on taking delivery of your ride.  A new bike just feels......

DICKW

• 1K CVO Member
  • If you ain't Riding..You ain't living
« Reply #20 on: June 23, 2009, 08:07:26 AM »

That's a hell of a Gig you got going on, how long will it last...........
2009 Screaming Eagle Electra Glide Ultra Classic, Hawg Wired, KW 10.5, 2" Pull Back Handlebars, Dakota Digital, V&H Power Dual w/ Monster Ovals (Black Tips),
SE Air Cleaner, Zippers 575 Cams, Zippers Adjustable Push-rods, Fueling Lifters,
Thunder-Max Auto Tune, SE Compensator, Legend Air Suspension.
Pages: 1 2 [All]

Page created in 0.186 seconds with 21 queries.