Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Widshield Question  (Read 1488 times)

Wildrat

Widshield Question
« on: June 21, 2009, 02:51:08 PM »

On your Baggers, Do you like looking over or thru your windshield? I do both, but I am about to order a C. Bailey windshield so I am trying to decide which to go with.

VaEagle

• 2.5K CVO Member
    • VA

• CVO1: 06 FLHTCUSE Autumn Haze -SOLD
    • CVO2: 09 FLTRSE3 Orange- sold
    • CVO3: Who knows what?
Re: Widshield Question
« Reply #1 on: June 21, 2009, 03:52:27 PM »

I think this link has lots of good info on it:

http://www.clearviewshields.com/shop/correctshield.php

I use the method where the shield is just at the bottom of your line of sight in a normal riding position. If due to some condition I need to duck down behind it I can do so but under normal riding I look over it, with the Clearview and the Euro lip it deflects the wind over you and you have the best of both worlds. (Unobstructed view and wind blast is over your eyes.)

Indenial

• 1K CVO Member

• CVO1: 2009 SE Road Glide
    • States Riden on 2009 CVO
« Reply #2 on: June 21, 2009, 10:17:41 PM »

Mine is just below the line of sight. Also a Clearview and I love it. When I dip down to look through it, I don't like it and wouldn't want to do that all day long. Especially bad when there are a lot of bugs on it.
I just finished the pile of junk I needed to work on before I get to the stuff I should be doing----

Guilty

• Got Dead?
  • Elite CVO Member
« Reply #3 on: June 22, 2009, 10:22:31 AM »

Mine is just below the line of sight. Also a Clearview and I love it. When I dip down to look through it, I don't like it and wouldn't want to do that all day long. Especially bad when there are a lot of bugs on it.

+1

DICKW

• 1K CVO Member
  • If you ain't Riding..You ain't living
« Reply #4 on: June 22, 2009, 10:25:54 AM »

I am vertically challenged and like the protection....I look through all the time. Unless I raise up. I have a Klock Works 10.5
2009 Screaming Eagle Electra Glide Ultra Classic, Hawg Wired, KW 10.5, 2" Pull Back Handlebars, Dakota Digital, V&H Power Dual w/ Monster Ovals (Black Tips),
SE Air Cleaner, Zippers 575 Cams, Zippers Adjustable Push-rods, Fueling Lifters,
Thunder-Max Auto Tune, SE Compensator, Legend Air Suspension.

cyril

• I
  • Elite CVO Member
  • If it ain`t broke keep fixin it till it is !
« Reply #5 on: June 22, 2009, 12:09:56 PM »

On your Baggers, Do you like looking over or thru your windshield? I do both, but I am about to order a C. Bailey windshield so I am trying to decide which to go with.

I found the standard screen too low or me so i ordered the next size up (HD) i thought !!!! However what i hd actually ordered was a 15" HD screen which was 6" taller, even stretching i couldn`t see over so. I got out the Bosch jigsaw and chopped off a lump sanded & polished the edge you would never know it had happened. Problem was it was still too tall so after trying it for a couple of rides i chopped off another lump now its purfect & you still wouldn`t know it has been sawn off !!!!

If it aint broke keep fixin it till it is

fourstar

• Senior CVO Member

• CVO1: 09 FLHTCUSE4
    • CVO2: 04 FLSTCI
« Reply #6 on: June 22, 2009, 10:04:42 PM »

I really got tired of the tall windshield the first time I had to ride in heavy rain.  I had to really stretch to see over it, and realized then that it just doesn't need to be that high. 
“Red! I want red, there's no substitute for red!”
                                                             -Sammy Hagar

howtodoit

• Senior CVO Member
  • Zion National Park
« Reply #7 on: June 23, 2009, 12:55:06 AM »

I have a tinted clearview,12 inch with recurve and vent, I am 6'6" and it pushed the air up over me, I have enough protection and still look over the top of the shield.

DICKW

• 1K CVO Member
  • If you ain't Riding..You ain't living
« Reply #8 on: June 23, 2009, 08:03:58 AM »

How does that Vent work??
2009 Screaming Eagle Electra Glide Ultra Classic, Hawg Wired, KW 10.5, 2" Pull Back Handlebars, Dakota Digital, V&H Power Dual w/ Monster Ovals (Black Tips),
SE Air Cleaner, Zippers 575 Cams, Zippers Adjustable Push-rods, Fueling Lifters,
Thunder-Max Auto Tune, SE Compensator, Legend Air Suspension.

1abastarsmda

• 2.5K CVO Member
    • PA

• CVO1: 2021 CVO Limited
« Reply #9 on: June 24, 2009, 02:09:43 AM »

I like to look over my shield.  I've only ridden a bike once with a shield that I had to look through, and after accumulating bugs and then getting caught in the rain...I would never get one that I can't look over.  I have the stock shield and I'm fine with it, though I can see the advantage of the curved shields if I can still look over it and have a little more wind deflected...but if I don't want to get hit with the wind, I jump in my SUV and keep the windows closed.

PR3VS56

• Elite CVO Member
    • BlackSheep Harley-Davidsons for Christ
« Reply #10 on: June 24, 2009, 02:34:18 AM »

Redline V-Twin Syn 20W50 (winter), 20W60 (summer) in the crank case.
Redline Heavy Shockproof in the tranny.
Amsoil Super Shift Syn ATF in the primary.

geezerglide

• 1K CVO Member
  • New Geezerglide
    • AB

« Reply #11 on: June 24, 2009, 12:29:47 PM »

Wildrat

« Reply #12 on: June 24, 2009, 03:22:27 PM »

Thanks for the comments. I have gone with a 14 inch Cee Bailey which should be here in time for my ride next week. Again thanks.

Page created in 0.176 seconds with 22 queries.