Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]  All

Author Topic: Well twist my arm!!!!  (Read 1709 times)

1abastarsmda

• 2.5K CVO Member
    • PA

• CVO1: 2021 CVO Limited
Re: Well twist my arm!!!!
« Reply #15 on: June 11, 2009, 01:52:41 AM »

JCZ,
That is a pretty cool deal for folks to get to try out three riggs.  They had a demo day at the Red Rock HD in Vegas when I was there on the weekend of their grand opening and even had a CVO ultra for demo rides there.  But it was a very short guided ride.  I don't know if it works every where but at our dealer  they'll rent you one of his rentals and if you buy any bike within 30 days you get the rental price (up to 3 days worth) credited back to you.  I think it's within 30 days, could be more.  I've been offered a free test ride more than once.  Hell, I test rode a brand spanking new Gold Wing 50 miles before I ended up ordering one of a different color.  And I told the dealer I didn't want the one I rode before ever I rode it.  Small town thing maybe.  You know, "Where everybody knows your name".

Well I turned this one in this morning with 1189 miles on it.  Only had a couple of evenings and the weekend of decent weather but it is broke in for the first service.  Rode 483 Saturday and 389 Sunday.  I do like the new 2009 frame and other changes.  Whew, the work is never done.  Gotta run another 1000 off on one this week.  Doesn't pay very well but I love this job.  Not really a job, but if it was I think I'd take it.  Yeh, I want to be a Harley Test Pilot.  Where do I apply for that?

You asked where to apply for the Test Pilot job...this could be Harley looking for just that position.  http://www.mymotorcyclejobs.com/ViewJob.asp?JobID=1147&page=&Keyword=&JobCategoryID=ALL&RegionID=199

Terminator

• Junior CVO Member
« Reply #16 on: June 14, 2009, 08:37:03 AM »

Now that would be an awesome job.  And I think I could do it.  But, after 26 years on all over assignments in the military, I kinda like settling down where I am and being around for my family.  I wonder where one would have to go to pick up these bikes and such?  I'm a little out of shape for the sportbike saddle stance but I think I might shoot them and e-mail for more info any way.
09 FLHTCUSE Red
2010 Road King Scarlet & Black
Wife's ride - 2010 FLHXXX Black

bobroadglide

• Full CVO Member

• CVO1: 09 Silver SERG
    • CVO2: 05 Cherry SEEG
« Reply #17 on: June 14, 2009, 08:40:25 PM »

BEWARE the rental bike break-in trap.....don't cause any damage, you will pay for it, and really pay.  I had a friend that was a mechanic at the local dealership and they had him break-in bikes, until he got hi from behind.  They had insurance on the bike, which pays the dealership, but not your costs.  Not only do you owe Harley for the damage, you are not covered for your medical expenses.  So here is this mechanic who could not work for a week, he didn't get paid, they don't cover your medical expenses, and then they tell him he owes Harley big bucks for the bike damage, even though they had insurance.

Terminator

• Junior CVO Member
« Reply #18 on: June 15, 2009, 08:04:37 PM »

Before I took him up on the ride I asked my insurance agent about riding a rental, borrowed, or otherwise not my own.  They said the type policy I had on my other two bikes would pass all my coverage to any bike I rode as long as I did not ride it for more than 30 consecutive days.  My coverage stays with me and any immediate family I have as passengers.  They did tell me that if it was a dealer owned bike they would need to see a rental agreement for me to file any claims and after 30 days I would have to get separate coverage for that bike.  I did sign a rental agreement to allow that coverage, but the shop owner signed a waiver for the normal 1000 dollar customer damage deductible claus that usually applies to the renter through the Harley rental agreement.  He told me he would cover the bike 100%, but since I was riding it I felt I should assume the responsibility for it just as I would my own.  I also was pretty sure that his insurance wouldn't do anything for my personal health losses so I made sure my own insurance did.  As we all know Sh-- happens no matter who you are so I asked lots of questions and got answers in writing before I jumped on someone elses $20k+ ride and threw the wife on the back.  I've been with this insurance company for 28+ years and they've always treated me right and beat the snot out of any competitors prices I've been quoted.

Anyway I'm done testing, for now.  I picked up my 09 Ultra SE last Wednesday after a nine month wait, so I got my own new toy to try out now.

09 FLHTCUSE Red
2010 Road King Scarlet & Black
Wife's ride - 2010 FLHXXX Black

bobroadglide

• Full CVO Member

• CVO1: 09 Silver SERG
    • CVO2: 05 Cherry SEEG
« Reply #19 on: June 20, 2009, 03:07:11 PM »

Smart move checking with your insurance company, and congratulations on taking delivery of your ride.  A new bike just feels......

DICKW

• 1K CVO Member
  • If you ain't Riding..You ain't living
« Reply #20 on: June 23, 2009, 08:07:26 AM »

That's a hell of a Gig you got going on, how long will it last...........
2009 Screaming Eagle Electra Glide Ultra Classic, Hawg Wired, KW 10.5, 2" Pull Back Handlebars, Dakota Digital, V&H Power Dual w/ Monster Ovals (Black Tips),
SE Air Cleaner, Zippers 575 Cams, Zippers Adjustable Push-rods, Fueling Lifters,
Thunder-Max Auto Tune, SE Compensator, Legend Air Suspension.
Pages: 1 [2]  All

Page created in 0.147 seconds with 21 queries.