Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4  All

Author Topic: Good Trade?? As the Bar & Shield Turns  (Read 4837 times)

D-N-D

• 5k CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG
    • PA

• CVO1: 2020 FLHTKSE Limited / Moonlight Blue & Deep Sea Blue
Re: Good Trade?? As the Bar & Shield Turns
« Reply #30 on: November 02, 2012, 05:47:31 AM »

The salesmen will call you and try one more time to get you to come back.
DND

Cvostu

• 5k CVO Member

• CVO1: 2023 Whiskey Neat road glide custom
    • CVO2: 2019 Mako Shark Fade road glide custom
« Reply #31 on: November 02, 2012, 06:47:11 AM »

Don't give in.  :nervous:

FLY-DOG

• 1K CVO Member
  • U.S. Navy (30 years); Delta Air Lines (22 years)
    • FL

• CVO1: FLHXSE3
« Reply #32 on: November 02, 2012, 08:44:51 AM »

You made the right decision!!
Current Stable:
2021 BMW R1250 GSA Rallye
2016 Wrangler Rubicon Unlimited w/392 Hemi
2012 CVO Street Glide
2007 Mustang GT500
2006 YZ250F

ultrarider123

« Reply #33 on: November 02, 2012, 08:48:07 AM »

Eagle Eye

• THE EAGLE HAS LANDED!
  • 1K CVO Member
  • Every day is a great day to ride!

• CVO1: 2007 FLHTCUE2 Ultra Classic - Light Candy Cherry and Black Ice
« Reply #34 on: November 02, 2012, 09:16:30 AM »

X2 on both of those

X3 on that!

You may or may not hear from him, but you'll enjoy your Ultra a lot more knowing what you would have had to give up on the RK.  I'd love have one, but not ready to give up the extra toys the Ultra offers. 

Great job sticking to your guns on the $$.  This is the game they play.  Now, if they come in with a new Anniversary Ultra and make a good offer; time to reevaluate...8)

Ken2
Vietnam Vet
Spec-5
Medic
US Army

Cvostu

• 5k CVO Member

« Reply #35 on: November 03, 2012, 08:34:57 AM »

Unless you add a removable fairing with a powerful sound system,  a RK is just a motorcycle. The fairing with all it's goodies and added protection makes the bike what it needs to be. My first bike was a RK.   I was sorry I bought it from day one. I wanted a radio.  Never looked back.  :2vrolijk_21:
« Last Edit: November 03, 2012, 10:09:51 PM by cvostu »

mark

« Reply #36 on: November 03, 2012, 09:08:31 AM »

The salesman had no intent to honor the original offer....he was going to find someway out.  His technique says a lot about that dealer. 

grc

• 10K CVO Member
  • AKA Grouchy Old Fart
    • IN

• CVO1: 2005 SEEG2
« Reply #37 on: November 03, 2012, 05:04:25 PM »

The salesman had no intent to honor the original offer....he was going to find someway out.  His technique says a lot about that dealer. 

:2vrolijk_21:   Exactly.  The classic low ball technique made famous a long time ago by unscrupulous car salesmen.  When a customer is just looking but seems like he may be a potential sale, shoot him a much lower than realistic price.  If he goes out and shops around elsewhere, no one will meet or beat that low ball price so the customer will come back to the original salesman.  Of course something has changed and now the salesman can't give him the earlier verbal price (note that this technique is based on verbal BS and not an enforceable written sales agreement signed by an authorized manager or the dealer).  If someone tried running that old scam on me I'd tell him to kiss my azz and then go find the dealer and let him know I don't do business with places that hire such unscrupulous clowns.

Jerry
Jerry - 2005 Cherry SEEG  -  Member # 1155

H-D and me  -  a classic love / hate relationship.  Current score:  love 40, hate 50, bewildered 10.

2018_FLTRXSE

• 1K CVO Member
  • Wait 6 months?... YES it was worth the wait!
    • HI

• CVO1: 2018_FLTRXSE, Gunship Grey, (Delivered July 28, 2018... after almost 9 )
    • CVO2: 2001_FLTRSEI, Grey/Black/Silver w/Hannigan Hack and a blast to ride.
    • CVO3: 2012_FLTRXSE, Maple/Black (Delivered 1/20/2012 - Traded 10/25/2017)
« Reply #38 on: November 03, 2012, 07:02:59 PM »

:2vrolijk_21:   Exactly.  The classic low ball technique made famous a long time ago by unscrupulous car salesmen.  When a customer is just looking but seems like he may be a potential sale, shoot him a much lower than realistic price.  If he goes out and shops around elsewhere, no one will meet or beat that low ball price so the customer will come back to the original salesman.  Of course something has changed and now the salesman can't give him the earlier verbal price (note that this technique is based on verbal BS and not an enforceable written sales agreement signed by an authorized manager or the dealer).  If someone tried running that old scam on me I'd tell him to kiss my azz and then go find the dealer and let him know I don't do business with places that hire such unscrupulous clowns.

Jerry

I tell them to put in writing and give me a buyers order... right there and then... catch them off guard. Then when they say well we didnt know this, that, blah blah blah... wave the document in front of them. Its a legal and binding agreement (at least it is here).

Excuses are like ___holes...

No more Hawaii HOG Rally... ask HOG why...

• My ignorance is just as good as your knowledge, when my information changes, I alter my conclusions
  • 5k CVO Member
  • monter le cheval de fer (French)
    • NC

• CVO1: 2013 SERK-Dressed in BLUE of course.
    • CVO2: 2002 Supercharged HD F150 512 RWHP
    • CVO3: 1956 BelAir Sports Coupe
« Reply #39 on: November 03, 2012, 09:56:49 PM »

Jerry

I hope he does call back, so I can do just as you said. Guess if you act like a azz.......you can't get mad if someone call you an azz :soapbox:
Most Honda Goldwing riders will blink when hit in the head  with a ball-peen hammer (sans helmet)

1sharprdkg

• 2.5K CVO Member

• CVO1: 2009 FLHTCUSE4 Screamin' Eagle Ultra Classic
    • CVO2: Not CVO 2003 Road King Classic (Wife's) Sold her 99'RKC (Tinman)
« Reply #40 on: November 04, 2012, 12:17:49 AM »

I hope he does call back, so I can do just as you said. Guess if you act like a azz.......you can't get mad if someone call you an azz :soapbox:
Give 'm hell Jimmy!
" Life is Tough, Life is Tougher if Your Stupid"... John Wayne.

King Glide

• 1K CVO Member
  • It's still Good To Be King !
    • LA

• CVO1: 2016 Roadglide Ultra
    • CVO2: 2014 Ultra Limited
    • CVO3: 2011 Roadglide Ultra
« Reply #41 on: November 04, 2012, 08:39:22 PM »

Same ol' story, if it sounds to good to be true it always is ...
Got another shark and there's blood in the wind.
Back to the dark side !
  Personalized Plate
         GD2BKG

1abastarsmda

• 2.5K CVO Member
    • PA

• CVO1: 2021 CVO Limited
« Reply #42 on: November 05, 2012, 12:20:10 AM »

You have an '09, so you already have the newer frame, so you would gain nothing there.  The SEUC has a fairing; the RK has a windshield.  Your SEUC has a tourpack; RK has zippo.  You are also giving up a lot of audio features plus a lot less wind noise covering up the sound.   Heated grips, heated seat, power locks... I just traded my '09 SEUC for a '12 SEUC and I was given $25,000 for the '09 and $2000 discount on the new bike.  I don't know how many miles you have on yours, but I had 48,000 miles on mine.  Admittedly, mine had a lot of goodies that I left on it and I didn't have a scratch on my fairing, and it was kept in fantastic condition.  For my situation, that's a $6000 difference and if the dealer would have made me the offer of $6000 and my bike for the '13 RK Anniversary, I wouldn't have even given it a serious thought.  It's a beautiful bike and all, but I started with a RK and moved up to the SEUC because I wanted all of the creature comforts and storage, and all of the extras that come with the SEUC.  It does sound like a good trade for the dealer.  If you really want the RK, sell your bike outright and then you know exactly what kind of deal you are getting on the RK.  I don't know how bad the scratch is on your fairing, but it's absolutely amazing what some people can do with a buffer and some wet sandpaper.

Cvostu

• 5k CVO Member

« Reply #43 on: November 05, 2012, 06:54:26 AM »

I totally agree with that.  :2vrolijk_21:

miker

• 5k CVO Member

• CVO1: 2009FLHTCUSE4
« Reply #44 on: November 05, 2012, 08:40:27 AM »

I did it in 07...rk are not uc's..unless you build a frankenserk...which are nice too...just spendy to convert.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4  All

Page created in 0.167 seconds with 25 queries.