CVO Technical > Twin Cam

S&S lifter choice?

(1/7) > >>

Sruth929:
I know this is been posted to death but I can’t find the exact parts needed. I have a all stock 2014 CVO 110 with 15k miles and want to change the lifters with S&S lifters. What part numbers should I use? I believe I’ll pull the rockers and reuse the pushrods.

r0de_runr:

Precision Tappets for 2017-19 M8 1999-17 big twins and 2000-19 XL Models

$224.95  on s&s web site

HD Street Performance:
May I suggest Hylift Johnsons made in USA with axle oiling and slow bleed design at 65% less?

Aussie:

--- Quote from: HD Street Performance on February 09, 2020, 10:45:10 AM ---May I suggest Hylift Johnsons made in USA with axle oiling and slow bleed design at 65% less?

--- End quote ---

May I ask the advantages of using Johnson over S&S lifters and what is the recommended mileage change for both.
Just curious as I have changed out the lifters in my 110 quite a few years ago from the standard C to S&S lifters after all the lifter failures reported.
After changing to S&S I did notice the valve train is much quieter but still has the 2600-2800 rpm rattle but nowhere near as bad as it was with the standard C lifters.

HD Street Performance:
The Hylifts are a slow bleed design which helps with noise. They have axle oiling and I would be servicing these lifters at 25k intervals  on a cvo. The 2600-2800 noise issue can be solved but takes a cam change. The stock cam has steep ramps. I recomend putting in rocker lockers while in there. I use them whenever I am in the top.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version