CVO Technical > Twin Cam

break in with syn or dino??

(1/3) > >>

Hankster:
just got my 95" build back. Too cold to ride up here in Canada besides I'd have to shovel the driveway to get out. Did the original break in with dino oil in here then switched to syn3. Ok there's syn3 in her now should I change back to dino for the break in or just leave it in there??

06ULTRASE:
Leave it in there the rings will seat OK with either.

hd-dude:

--- Quote ---just got my 95" build back. Too cold to ride up here in Canada besides I'd have to shovel the driveway to get out. Did the original break in with dino oil in here then switched to syn3. Ok there's syn3 in her now should I change back to dino for the break in or just leave it in there??
--- End quote ---

Hankster;
Welcome to the site! As 06Ultra stated the syn oil will work just fine [smiley=xyxthumbs.gif]

PS: go to this thread when you get a chance and introduce yourself:
http://flhrsei.org/cgi-bin/yabb/YaBB.cgi?num=1133893172

Also, lets see a pic of your bike

Hankster:

--- Quote ---
Hankster;
Welcome to the site! As 06Ultra stated the syn oil will work just fine [smiley=xyxthumbs.gif]

PS: go to this thread when you get a chance and introduce yourself:
http://flhrsei.org/cgi-bin/yabb/YaBB.cgi?num=1133893172

Also, lets see a pic of your bike

--- End quote ---
Alot of guys say to put the dino in for the break in. syn is too slippery for the rings to get a good seating. I don't know for sure that's the reason for the post. I know the se ultra glide shipps with it from the factory though.

lair116:
Hankster
        Don't feal alone, I got up to go to work at 10:00 PM and there was 12" of the white stuff in my driveway here in Chicago.. do you have any idea what's it's like backing up 60 feet to the street in a 04 Lightning??  [smiley=oops.gif] thank God i bought an old used two stroke snow blower this summer at a gaurage sale that the guy said it use to run for $10.. well I took it home and replaced the spark plug and with one pull BAM!! It cleaned the intire drive way they cost $400 at ACE boy did I get a deal it sure paid for it's self last night.

About your new build, it should be just fine with that syn3 till spring.. I use Amsoil and there oil filter on my 00 Deuce with a 116'' motor I only change my oil once a summer unless I put 5k miles on it then I would change it again, I get it from a dealer over for $3.55 and the filter is $6.00 been doing it since after I broke it in on both builds, have a dood one [smiley=drink.gif]    

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version