CVO Technical > Twin Cam

SE 103 Stock Compression?

(1/2) > >>

skippy49:
   Could someone tell me the compression ratio in a stock 103 CVO engine, such as in an 03 SERK?   Does milling or using a thinner gasket raise compression much? Or would it be better in a mild build to leave it stock and just do some porting and cams?  All I'm looking for is a little better performance-ie more torque coming on a little sooner than stock.
 :-/

Big Time:
Stock is 9.0 to 1. From what I'm told the .030 cometic head gasket will give up about .25 compression. I'm trying the HQ-0039 cams from Head Quarters (gear drive). My local dealer's GM is oneof the great unheard of engine builders in the midwest. He's worked for Tilley's race team in the 90's and really knows how to build reliable torquey v-twin engines. He's strongly recommended Head Quarters being that he knows Doug and knows the quality of his parts and service. These cams are .580 intake lift so I have to replace the springs and do some other minor changes. They do however make a .510 lift cam with the same timing that would probably work great with the stock compression and would be a bolt-in. Or there is the old reliable Andrews TW26 which seems to be real popular on this site.

DCFIREMANN:

--- Quote ---Stock is 9.0 to 1. From what I'm told the .030 cometic head gasket will give up about .25 compression. I'm trying the HQ-0039 cams from Head Quarters (gear drive). My local dealer's GM is oneof the great unheard of engine builders in the midwest. He's worked for Tilley's race team in the 90's and really knows how to build reliable torquey v-twin engines. He's strongly recommended Head Quarters being that he knows Doug and knows the quality of his parts and service. These cams are .580 intake lift so I have to replace the springs and do some other minor changes. They do however make a .510 lift cam with the same timing that would probably work great with the stock compression and would be a bolt-in. Or there is the old reliable Andrews TW26 which seems to be real popular on this site.
--- End quote ---

The corrected compression on a factory 103 is 8.7 to 1.

Skippy if you can wait about 30 to 45 more days Zippers is working on some hop up packages for our bikes.

Be Safe

THE DAWG

skippy49:
DAWG:
    Are you pretty sure they'll have something in that time frame?  I don't mind waiting, but I'd like to do something yet this winter, or at least have it done by the first of March.  
Skippy

Unbalanced:
Skippy I am quite sure they will.   I have 2 cam's in hand for testing they cam in this week and the test heads were rerun this past week.   I am expecting to have them sometime in January.

-harry

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version