CVO Technical > Twin Cam

Kuryakyn inner primary

(1/5) > >>

tunedse2:
Has anyone used the Kuryakyn inner primary cover? Its 1/3 the cost and Im getting ready to
have the 1k done and want to add it. thanks...

hd-dude:
I have installed these on a few bikes. They look OK but have a "bolt on cover" look. They do not provide the clean lines and look of the complete chrome inner. My opinion is to get the complete unit from HD, You can also search ebay, chrome inners are abundant there.

JCZ:
I've also read on this site or another.......where they come loose and vibrate.

Fired00d:
I think you'll be happier with the chrome inner primary versus the cover. You can save on the cost of fluids (you will have to drain them to install inner primary) since they will already be out for service. If you going to feed your "OCD" you may as well go all the way.  ;D Here is a picture of one I had on my '96 Fatboy (I've also installed one on my SEEG).  

[smiley=pumpkin.gif]
Ride Safe,
Fired00d
 [smiley=fireman.gif]

jeffj:

--- Quote ---Has anyone used the Kuryakyn inner primary cover? Its 1/3 the cost and Im getting ready to
have the 1k done and want to add it. thanks...
--- End quote ---

The Key factor here is if you like the look....Go For It

You know what's Kewl about owning a Harley is everyone has different thoughts and opinions on what they want to do with their scooters. My take is I prefer not to use "Covers" whenever possible cause I don't like that look.

IMHO - I would wait until you can afford the Genuine Harley-Davidson Inner Primary

The cover doesn't fit perfectly and even if you find a chrome exchange inner primary it might also leak, so go with a new Genuine HD Primary and maybe your dealer will help with labor to replacing the stock inner primary.

Different Strokes for Different Folks

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version