Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2  All

Author Topic: Lisa Ling gains access to the world of America's toughest outlaws: one-percenter  (Read 8662 times)

naitram

• SMF Administrator
  • 10K CVO Member
    • MA

• CVO1: FLTRXSE2 "Marvin"
:cool26: naitram...

"I reject your reality and substitute my own."
"Work is the curse of the drinking class."

RGlideKid

• 1K CVO Member
  • Riding Since 1972
    • AR

• CVO1: 2011 CVO RGU...sold
    • CVO2: 2015 CVO RGU
    • Bull Shoals Photography

Interesting stuff, Neal.  I wonder how truthful the reporting is coming from CNN - who I patently distrust (being the worst of the mainstream media talking heads), but I also wonder about the "official" government stance on these MC's (enough said there). 

We've all watched (and maybe loved) the Sons of Anarchy, and I know we all wonder how close to reality the events portrayed in that series are.  I'm sure there are MC's out there who are just as deadly, but then I know there are MC's out there who are not.  The SOA guys lives don't look boring at all (like the one CNN reporter suggested), and in fact seem like nothing but chaos and deceit, but then you have to realize we are watching TV.

My wife and I really enjoyed the SOA series but felt it pushed the envelope way too much with the violence and cursing, and were deeply affected by the tragedies and loss of life on that show.  But watching it made us want to ride and tour all the more, and be a part of something bigger, at the very least like this fine organization we call CVOHarley.

While neither of us could be a part of any outlaw proceedings because they're not congruent with our faith or our internal makeup, many would agree that that life strikes a primal nerve within us that wonders what it would be like to be a bad guy...even if only for a day.  I wonder if there's a little bit of that in many of us.
« Last Edit: October 08, 2015, 11:50:12 AM by RGlideKid »
Harry
2017 Eureka Springs MITM Ride Chairman
Check out my photo gallery at:  RGlideKid's Galleries at Bull Shoals Photography

2015 CVO RGU with V&H Power Pro Headers & 4" Monster Rounds & HD-SEPST
2007 Bushtec Turbo+2 Trailer

• My ignorance is just as good as your knowledge, when my information changes, I alter my conclusions
  • 5k CVO Member
  • monter le cheval de fer (French)
    • NC

• CVO1: 2013 SERK-Dressed in BLUE of course.
    • CVO2: 2002 Supercharged HD F150 512 RWHP
    • CVO3: 1956 BelAir Sports Coupe

Hit the record button......that way if it's like the Kid says.....I can hit the delete button :coolblue:
Most Honda Goldwing riders will blink when hit in the head  with a ball-peen hammer (sans helmet)

Dr.D

• 1K CVO Member

• CVO1: 09 SEDFB Sunrise Yellow and Black Quartz
    • CVO2: 2014 CVO Limited silver/orange
    • CVO3: 2015 Indian Vintage Custom 57 Chevy Blue

I have been confused about the "outlaw" biker clubs. Are they openly proud of being criminals? Does law enforcement not regularly investigate and prosecute criminals? If this journalist gained access it was only to the part that they allowed meaning it is not a completely truthful piece. Half truths are lies just the same.

We started to watch SOA but thought it was to violent for our tastes and did not represent the types of bikers we wanted to be. Heck I watch violent but that show was in another league. Maybe the violence was just to real and raw I don't know. To each his own but i have no respect for openly advertising criminals.

phato1

• 2.5K CVO Member

• CVO1: 2011.5 FLHTCUSE6 - SOLD
    • CVO2: 2001 FLSTFI - non CVO, but really cool

I have been confused about the "outlaw" biker clubs. Are they openly proud of being criminals? Does law enforcement not regularly investigate and prosecute criminals? If this journalist gained access it was only to the part that they allowed meaning it is not a completely truthful piece. Half truths are lies just the same.

We started to watch SOA but thought it was to violent for our tastes and did not represent the types of bikers we wanted to be. Heck I watch violent but that show was in another league. Maybe the violence was just to real and raw I don't know. To each his own but i have no respect for openly advertising criminals.

I was thinking the same as I watched. entertaining just the same.
"The solutions are all simple....after you have arrived at them."     - Robert M. Pirsig

DesertHOG

• Visiting America One Road Trip at a Time
  • 2.5K CVO Member
  • Vivid Black Special
    • NM

• CVO1: 2011 FLTRUSE - SOLD
    • CVO2: 2015 FLTRUSE - SOLD
    • CVO3: 2018 FLTRXS - Vivid Black
    • Join me on Facebook

I watched it. Found it interesting. Also interesting the number of Vets in the MC. Would like to know percentages. It was a bit of a PR job on behalf of the Mongols. However, in the epilogue it was noted that they retained their trademark on their colors.

In the end, not a world I would want to be married to. And believe me from what I have heard it's a marriage. With the Bandidos, I understand you sign the title to your bike to the MC. If you want to leave, you leave your bike behind. God knows what else you have to do to get out.

DH

OBB

• 5k CVO Member
  • aka Ohiobellboy
    • OH

• CVO1: 2011 Slate/Black SERGU** traded
    • CVO2: 2015 Double Blue SERGU
    • CVO3: 2012 SERG Blue

I wouldn't kick Lisa Ling off the back of my bike, if I was single of course.  ;D
PHOTOBUCKET IS HOLDING MY PIX HOSTAGE!!!

RGlideKid

• 1K CVO Member
  • Riding Since 1972
    • AR

I wouldn't kick Lisa Ling off the back of my bike, if I was single of course.  ;D

I don't think you could even feel her on the back of your bike, Mike. 
As folks down here would say, she's too wormy (scrawny)!  But she's a cutie, nonetheless!
Harry
Check out my photo gallery at:  RGlideKid's Galleries at Bull Shoals Photography

08glide

• 1K CVO Member
    • VA

• CVO1: 2012 cvoseuc
    • CVO2: 08 sg 105 anniv

I watched it. Found it interesting. Also interesting the number of Vets in the MC. Would like to know percentages. It was a bit of a PR job on behalf of the Mongols. However, in the epilogue it was noted that they retained their trademark on their colors.

In the end, not a world I would want to be married to. And believe me from what I have heard it's a marriage. With the Bandidos, I understand you sign the title to your bike to the MC. If you want to leave, you leave your bike behind. God knows what else you have to do to get out.

DH

if you look back into the beginning of the MC era it was from vets coming home & still feeling like they were in combat zone (now known as PTSD), being rebelious.
"Dream as if you'll live forever. Live as if you'll die today."  (James Dean)

dayne66

• 2.5K CVO Member
    • BC

• CVO1: '12 Ruby/Typhoon SG
    • CVO2: '15 Superior Blue FLD Switchback

Neither would I ...especially if I was half my age and twice as single!

"The only true wisdom is in knowing you know nothing." Socrates

RGlideKid

• 1K CVO Member
  • Riding Since 1972
    • AR

A pretty woman will always steal the show.  Or thread in this case!   :o    ;)
Harry

OBB

• 5k CVO Member
  • aka Ohiobellboy
    • OH

A pretty woman will always steal the show.  Or thread in this case!   :o    ;)
You mean there was something other than her we were supposed to be paying attention to   :nixweiss:   :huepfenjump3:

RGlideKid

• 1K CVO Member
  • Riding Since 1972
    • AR

No wonder the Mongols treated her so nicely!  My guess is they only showed her the best 5% of their lives and club, and threw in a little "toughness" cause they knew that would be expected by the viewing public.

That's not reporting.  That's advertising. 
It was a win for MC's everywhere, and just more of the same style of "reporting" from CNN.  No great surprise there.

And just like Dr. D said earlier, half truths are pretty much just that.  At best.
Harry

DesertHOG

• Visiting America One Road Trip at a Time
  • 2.5K CVO Member
  • Vivid Black Special
    • NM

• CVO1: 2011 FLTRUSE - SOLD
    • CVO2: 2015 FLTRUSE - SOLD
    • CVO3: 2018 FLTRXS - Vivid Black
    • Join me on Facebook

Neither would I ...especially if I was half my age and twice as single!

Yup.. real cute photos but if you pay attention in the show she's starting to show some age .. 42.

OBB

• 5k CVO Member
  • aka Ohiobellboy
    • OH

Yup.. real cute photos but if you pay attention in the show she's starting to show some age .. 42.
Just means she's old enough that you wouldn't need to train her...  :bananarock:
Pages: [1] 2  All

Page created in 0.173 seconds with 21 queries.