Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Top U.S. Marine sees shift from Iraq to Afghanistan  (Read 705 times)

Sean M Cary

Top U.S. Marine sees shift from Iraq to Afghanistan
« on: August 27, 2008, 06:32:40 PM »

"The requirement right now in Iraq is much more about nation-building than it is fighting," Conway said at a Pentagon briefing.

"It's our view that if there's a stiffer fight going on someplace else ... then that's where we need to be."

http://www.reuters.com/article/topNews/idUSN2745552720080827?feedType=RSS&feedName=topNews

Aint been there yet...yet.

miker

• 5k CVO Member

• CVO1: 2009FLHTCUSE4
Re: Top U.S. Marine sees shift from Iraq to Afghanistan
« Reply #1 on: August 27, 2008, 06:35:47 PM »

Bout time...They will bring it to them.

I don't know, but I would not want to go..
It hasn't worked out in centuries over there for the visiting team..
Get in, kill a azzpile of em and get out.  Sell arms to both sides from far away. Or build pizza huts...

elvislee

Re: Top U.S. Marine sees shift from Iraq to Afghanistan
« Reply #2 on: August 28, 2008, 12:15:22 PM »

Watched Joe Biden last nite at the democrat convention. NO WAY am I voting democrat in this election; but, I am voting  :2vrolijk_21:

Now, Biden in his speech talked of his childhood days walking down the street and getting knocked down by the neighborhood bullie(s). He told of his dad always telling him when ya get knocked down the true test of a man is to get back up. One day when young Joe was walking home, sure nuff the bad boys knocked him down. He got up, went home and told Mom what happened. Mom told him to go back out there and bust them in the nose... Then tommorrow  you can walk down the street.

With that said; we do what we gotta do...

Page created in 0.127 seconds with 24 queries.