Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5  All

Author Topic: VP Chaney's hunting  "accident"  (Read 8113 times)

BobD

• Senior CVO Member
  • '06 FLHTCUSE
Re: VP Chaney's hunting
« Reply #15 on: February 13, 2006, 09:56:51 PM »

Just shows ya a bunch of rich ol' boys out trompin' around a hunting plantation can get out of control too. Cheney will probably have trouble roundin' up chums to hunt with when he goes after big game with more than a dove load in the chamber.
Personally, I'm grateful we have a VP who actively persues the right to own and use a firearm. It's a sacred right some would take away from us if they get a chance.
We will be remembered for all the rules we break.

RedFXR2

« Reply #16 on: February 14, 2006, 08:34:52 AM »

It seems like a simple hunting accident--not really uncommon, unfortunately.  Sometimes with a much more tragic outcome.

The only thing that bothers me is how ranch owner Armstrong and White House Spokesman McClellan are making Whittington out to be at fault for walking up near Cheney.  I was always taught to be absolutely sure where I was shooting (when hunting) and that there was nobody nearby, certainly not in the line of fire.  The guy shooting the gun is the one who most needs to be careful.  But that would mean expecting Cheney to admit he did something wrong, even if it was unintentional--something this Administration won't do.  An established pattern.

There's no excuse for a shooting hunter, panning in a circle following the flight of a quail, to shoot a bystander.  It's clearly the shooters' fault.  An accident, but still his fault.

The delay in reporting?  The White House was probably hoping the whole thing would never come to light.  At least not until they got their stories straight and "interviewed" the local Sheriff to make sure he's saying the right things.

RedFXR2

« Reply #17 on: February 14, 2006, 09:21:16 AM »

From the TV comedians:

Then again, what if Whittington is the missing link between Jack Abramoff and George W.?  Maybe Cheneys' gun jammed when he tried to finish him off. ;D

Or maybe Whittington just told Cheney he had joined the Democratic Party? ;D

SPIDERMAN

« Reply #18 on: February 14, 2006, 01:48:09 PM »

[highlight]I was always taught to be absolutely sure where I was shooting (when hunting) and that there was nobody nearby, certainly not in the line of fire.  [/highlight]

Thank you for a moment of sanity in this debate

RedFXR2

« Reply #19 on: February 14, 2006, 02:33:49 PM »

This hunting accident thing could get really interesting.
« Last Edit: February 14, 2006, 02:36:41 PM by RedFXR2 »

Kingsalmon

• Senior CVO Member
  • HD gets too much of my money
« Reply #20 on: February 14, 2006, 04:02:21 PM »

I also love to hunt and fish even out here in California. I practice catch and release on the fish most of the time. That technique don't work so well when hunting.   [smiley=nixweiss.gif]
Nothing more tastier than a Jackalope, they are just as hard to find as a Snipe.

Did you know in California.
The state flower is the california poppy. If you pick one you could get a ticket and pay a fine.
The quail is the state bird and during hunting season you are allowed to take 10 a day.

SPIDERMAN

« Reply #21 on: February 14, 2006, 04:23:00 PM »

[highlight]The quail is the state bird[/highlight]  

and the only thing dumber than a bird named quail is a Quail named Dan

spydglide

• 10K CVO Member
  • spyder-psychle
« Reply #22 on: February 14, 2006, 05:36:37 PM »

[highlight]The quail is the state bird[/highlight]
2004 FLHTCSE Cobalt 'Huckleberry'  .....94K+mi.     &  1994 FLSTN 'OleGranny' .....116K+mi.

VaEagle

• 2.5K CVO Member
    • VA

• CVO1: 06 FLHTCUSE Autumn Haze -SOLD
    • CVO2: 09 FLTRSE3 Orange- sold
    • CVO3: Who knows what?
« Reply #23 on: February 14, 2006, 05:39:59 PM »

I would rather go hunting with the V.P. then for a drive with Teddy. [smiley=huepfenlol2.gif]

FXRon2

• FLHRSEI.ORG
« Reply #24 on: February 14, 2006, 07:49:42 PM »

In Re: To the dude having a heart attack and croaking... = manslaughter?

Well, I don't know anything about Texas law (I'm sure there are some jokes that could be posted on the humor column on this site), But if it happened here in gooood ol' California it would play out something like this...

If the guy dies within three years and 1 day (don't ask me where they come up with these time limits), then the coroner would have to make a call that his death by heart attack was proximately caused by the shooting. Then, the local DA would have to decide if they could sucessfully convict the shooter at trial. Of course, all the political wranglings would figure in there too...

Moral of the story...weak hearted people shouldn't go hunting with bad shooters...

But yes, I am a very strong proponent of gun owner's rights!

"carry" on....

Ron
1999 FXR2
1999 FLHR
1996 FXSTSB (Bad Boy)

RedFXR2

« Reply #25 on: February 15, 2006, 04:10:09 PM »

But that would mean expecting Cheney to admit he did something wrong, even if it was unintentional--

I still don't like Cheney but now at least he's taking responsibility...better late than never.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20060215/ap_on_go_pr_wh/cheney_17;_ylt=AqAY36sk5DPGA8stIDb2xG1qP0AC;_ylu=X3oDMTBiMW04NW9mBHNlYwMlJVRPUCUl

excerpt:
« Last Edit: February 15, 2006, 04:12:11 PM by RedFXR2 »

SPIDERMAN

« Reply #26 on: February 15, 2006, 04:24:00 PM »

I'm no Chaney fan either, but I respect him for taking full responsibility. The ranch owner blaming the poor guy that got shot was disgusting.

HUBBARD

• 2.5K CVO Member
  • FLHTCUSE7
    • WV

« Reply #27 on: February 15, 2006, 04:34:09 PM »

I would rather go hunting with the V.P. then for a drive with Teddy. [smiley=huepfenlol2.gif]

When "Fat Teddy" was "Slim Teddy", and he came to WV in '68 to campaign for "Little Bobby", the local newspaper was owned at that time by the Shott Family, who were staunch Republicans.
The publisher's "Welcome to Teddy", quip in the paper was, "Over the Hills, and over the Ridges, Watch out Teddy, for our Bridges."   [smiley=huepfenlol2.gif] Later--HUBBARD

2012 FLHTCUSE7  (Electric Orange/Black)  Built Motor (124), D&D "Borzilla" Exhaust, Tilley/K&N Air Induction,
"National President"-"Hillbilly Rocket Riders", MC, Mother Chapter, WV
"National President"-"W.H.O.R.E", TPT, WV Chapter

SPIDERMAN

« Reply #28 on: February 15, 2006, 04:43:51 PM »

When "Fat Teddy" was "Slim Teddy", and he came to WV in '68 to campaign for "Little Bobby", the local newspaper was owned at that time by the Shott Family, who were staunch Republicans.
The publisher's "Welcome to Teddy", quip in the paper was, "Over the Hills, and over the Ridges, Watch out Teddy, for our Bridges."

spydglide

• 10K CVO Member
  • spyder-psychle
« Reply #29 on: February 15, 2006, 04:49:21 PM »

I still don't like Cheney but now at least he's taking responsibility...better late than never.

What choice does he have?  He 'sat on it' for 4 days before stating the obvious.  It's a sad situation and it's gonna be 'spun' out of control in every direction before it's all settled.  Of course in many other countries of the world, Harry would just never have been heard from again.  So, thank God for the USA.  [smiley=xyxthumbs.gif] spyder
2004 FLHTCSE Cobalt 'Huckleberry'  .....94K+mi.     &  1994 FLSTN 'OleGranny' .....116K+mi.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5  All

Page created in 0.161 seconds with 21 queries.