Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5  All

Author Topic: VP Chaney's hunting  "accident"  (Read 8158 times)

SPIDERMAN

VP Chaney's hunting  "accident"
« on: February 13, 2006, 12:55:46 PM »

This whole incident is being played up as an accident.OK, in the interest of fairness, I'll go with that, Still I have to wonder about it given the lag time in reporting it to the public. Official excuse for the lag time is that they wanted to give the owner of the property time to comment.More like the entire "scene" was being sanitized by the Secret Service. Be that as it may, accidents happen even though this sounds more like stupidity than an accident. Imagine however, had roles been reversed and the poor fellow who was shot been the one shooting Chaney. The Secret Service would have blasted him full of holes. Being from Maine I am definitely pro-hunter 99% of the time. I also do not think that Ted Nugent is wrong for the most part. In this case, I cannot see any logic in this whatsoever. A group of heavily armed people stompin around shooting at the dumbest damn birds on the planet (quail) is not sport or anything other than the need to kill something. Someone should get the VP to go bowhunting for wild turkey if it's sport he's interested in, or if he's got real big cajones maybe even wild boar with a bow. Now that's some huntin.

The Mysterious Q!

• Keep the shiny side up and ride it like you stole it.
  • 2.5K CVO Member
  • This town needs an enema!
    • CT
Re: VP Chaney's hunting
« Reply #1 on: February 13, 2006, 01:27:59 PM »

I myself am an avid hunter and I heard that Snipe hunting this time of year is excellent. Its also alot safer beacause the snipe are so elusive ,only a scant few have ever bagged one over 10 pounds.I myself happen to be the reigning snipe hunting champion at the local rod and gun club I got a 13 pounder. So maybe Cheney will take me up on a snipe hunt in my local state forest . Later,Q [smiley=xyxthumbs.gif]
When I grow up I want to be a SEEG 2002 FLHRSEI Rineharts Wild1 Apes Beaucoup Chrome Corbin Seat Wimmer Billet Breather and Spike Filter Beautiful Billet Power Commander PCIII USB LED Skull Horn Cover Skull everything Lyndall Z Pads Xtreme Machine Shredder 18's Metzeler ME 880's Xtra Lights HID

VaEagle

• 2.5K CVO Member
    • VA

• CVO1: 06 FLHTCUSE Autumn Haze -SOLD
    • CVO2: 09 FLTRSE3 Orange- sold
    • CVO3: Who knows what?
« Reply #2 on: February 13, 2006, 01:39:58 PM »

I'm sure they had to study the situation and decide what was going to be the "Offical version". I bet it was unusual for the Secret Service since it's usally the Pres. or VP. getting shot by someone not the other way around. ;D
For many quail can be a challenge because they don't fly straight and level and they are a small target.
I think we all need to support all forms of hunting ,bow,long gun,shotgun and handgun and not get divided on issues or we could slowly loose our 2nd Admendment rights due to anti-gun folks or PETA.
We just had a case in Virginia Beach where a man allegedly shot his wife for the second time with a crossbow. This time he killed her. Right after that story hit the news two guys started vandalizing stores,homes and cars with a crossbow. They are in custody facing multiple felony and misdemeanor charges now. I'm surprised the media doesn't call for a ban of crossbows or at least a 10 day waiting period to buy. [smiley=huepfenlol2.gif]

SPIDERMAN

« Reply #3 on: February 13, 2006, 01:40:55 PM »

Woah there Q  didn't someone accuse Beagle of being a snipe recently ?Even though Beags is smaller than me he'd still be a record "bag"    [smiley=huepfenlol2.gif]

HUBBARD

• 2.5K CVO Member
  • FLHTCUSE7
    • WV

« Reply #4 on: February 13, 2006, 04:14:15 PM »

I, myself, don't hunt anymore.  Just don't have the Heart to shoot 'em, anymore.  I would to feed my Family, though.  I respect everyone's right to Hunt, 100%!  They'll take my Guns, the same way they'll take my RINEHART's.  From my Cold Dead Fingers.  One universal Truth is, the Right to Life, Liberty, and the Pursuit of Happiness, ALL pre-existed our Government.  They were given us by our Creator.  Thomas Jefferson said, "That to secure these rights, Governments are instituted among Men."  There endeth the lesson.  Later--HUBBARD  
2012 FLHTCUSE7  (Electric Orange/Black)  Built Motor (124), D&D "Borzilla" Exhaust, Tilley/K&N Air Induction,
"National President"-"Hillbilly Rocket Riders", MC, Mother Chapter, WV
"National President"-"W.H.O.R.E", TPT, WV Chapter

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
  • EBCM #1.5 Emeritus DSP # ? Critter Gawker #?
    • MO

• CVO1: 2000 Triple Red Screamin' Eagle Road Glide
    • CVO2: 2002 Candy Brandywine Screamin' Eagle Road King
    • CVO3: 1999 Arresting Red FXR2
« Reply #5 on: February 13, 2006, 04:33:42 PM »

I really enjoy the hell out of Thomas Jefferson.
« Last Edit: February 13, 2006, 07:57:03 PM by twolanerider »

spydglide

• 10K CVO Member
  • spyder-psychle
« Reply #6 on: February 13, 2006, 04:56:27 PM »

I love these current events/history lessons.  Beats the hell out of watching clear coats 'dry'. har.  :) spyder
2004 FLHTCSE Cobalt 'Huckleberry'  .....94K+mi.     &  1994 FLSTN 'OleGranny' .....116K+mi.

MJZ

• 2.5K CVO Member

• CVO1: 05 SEEG is on permanent vacation in CA.
    • CVO2: 09 BMW K1300S
    • CVO3: 2010 BMW S1000RR
« Reply #7 on: February 13, 2006, 05:06:45 PM »

Maybe we should start a collection to give Sen. Hillary a hunting trip to Texas with the VP.
Wait a minute, why does that sound so familiar? Oh yes, the democrats already did that in Dallas 33 years ago but it was a parade rather than a hunting trip. Some think it also involved a VP. [smiley=huepfenjump3.gif]

BLM777

• 1K CVO Member
  • Who says 110's won't run? SofA 777

• CVO1: FXSTSSE3 Black Diamond/Emerald Ice
« Reply #8 on: February 13, 2006, 06:29:53 PM »

Quite a conspiracy theory right out of the box.  Couldn't just be a group of lifelong friends quail hunting as they've done for the past 30 plus years....nah, way to simple.  BTW, quail happen to be considered a delicacy in areas where folks know a little something about them.

spydglide

• 10K CVO Member
  • spyder-psychle
« Reply #9 on: February 13, 2006, 07:09:37 PM »

Quite a conspiracy theory right out of the box.
2004 FLHTCSE Cobalt 'Huckleberry'  .....94K+mi.     &  1994 FLSTN 'OleGranny' .....116K+mi.

spydglide

• 10K CVO Member
  • spyder-psychle
« Reply #10 on: February 13, 2006, 07:16:42 PM »

The Chaney Shooting is quite interesting if you want to take it beyond the simple accident senario.  I mean, what do ya'll think could have happened out there in that field?  Could this Texas lawyer has some kind of terrioist connection?  Reckon Dick was just making short order of some kind of bizness that needed taken care of?  Spiderman's comment about the secret service shooting the lawyer full of holes if it had been the other way around makes you think about this whole quail hunting escapade too.  When you think about it, I'm not sure why anyone would go hunting w/ someone like the Pres. or VP.  Too easy to collect 'friendly fire'.  [smiley=nervous.gif] har!  spyder

JR

• 2.5K CVO Member
  • Be Still and Know that I AM God
    • TN

• CVO1: 2012 ULTRA FLHTCUSE7
    • CVO2: 2005 SEEG FLHTCSE2
    • CVO3: 2000 SERG FLTRSEI
    • photobucket.com
« Reply #11 on: February 13, 2006, 07:27:46 PM »

I myself am an avid hunter and I heard that Snipe hunting this time of year is excellent. Its also alot safer beacause the snipe are so elusive ,only a scant few have ever bagged one over 10 pounds.I myself happen to be the reigning snipe hunting champion at the local rod and gun club I got a 13 pounder. So maybe Cheney will take me up on a snipe hunt in my local state forest . Later,Q [smiley=xyxthumbs.gif]

BigDaddy

I thought Snipe hunting was a southern tradition since it is a rare, rare bird!!!!! Especially being  able to bag a 13 pounder in your neck of the woods, let's say would be darn near immpossible had it not come out of Your Lips! ;D

JR [smiley=banana.gif]

SPIDERMAN

« Reply #12 on: February 13, 2006, 07:34:28 PM »

JR  
       There's snipe everywhere, just read some of the reponses to my posts sometimes  [smiley=huepfenlol2.gif]

MJZ

• 2.5K CVO Member

• CVO1: 05 SEEG is on permanent vacation in CA.
    • CVO2: 09 BMW K1300S
    • CVO3: 2010 BMW S1000RR
« Reply #13 on: February 13, 2006, 08:10:14 PM »

JR
« Last Edit: February 13, 2006, 08:11:18 PM by MJZ »

hatchetjak

• I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
« Reply #14 on: February 13, 2006, 08:16:18 PM »

There is nothing the liberal anti gunners enjoy more than an incident like this, and you can count on them to play it for all they can. The victim is the first and foremost priority, then the "news". Accident...yes. Lag time....maybe, but there is not a politician out there that wouldn't want to have his ducks in a row before going public. Teddy Kennedy and Chapaquitic...now THAT is lag time.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5  All

Page created in 0.163 seconds with 22 queries.