Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3]  All

Author Topic: Cop that killed biker in Indianapolis was drunk on duty  (Read 8730 times)

dlaws01

• 1K CVO Member
  • Rejoicing in hope, patient in tribulltion

• CVO1: 105th Anniversary FXSTSSE2
Re: Cop that killed biker in Indianapolis was drunk on duty
« Reply #30 on: December 31, 2011, 03:38:58 PM »

no -  it's a matter of misunderstood "esprit de corps" we observe with almost any police force werever you look. It starts with backing up your buddy, leads to neglecting regular standards and in the end invites to just feel exempt form the laws applying to the rest of the world ...

The group will be the more vulnerabele for this disease if it's a locally recruited force and no special professional education is mandatory.

I hate to admit it but around where I live (small town USA) If your friends with the Sheriff or Chief and you fit one of the uniforms, then you're a deputy or a cop. That is if you don't mind getting your training by watching Barney Fife on the Andy Griffith Show!
Jesus is Lord

smkymtnboy

• 2.5K CVO Member
    • TN

• CVO1: flhxse
    • CVO2: flhtcuse5
    • CVO3: flhtcuse6
« Reply #31 on: December 31, 2011, 08:52:56 PM »

no -  it's a matter of misunderstood "esprit de corps" we observe with almost any police force werever you look. It starts with backing up your buddy, leads to neglecting regular standards and in the end invites to just feel exempt form the laws applying to the rest of the world ...

The group will be the more vulnerabele for this disease if it's a locally recruited force and no special professional education is mandatory.

I hate to admit it but around where I live (small town USA) If your friends with the Sheriff or Chief and you fit one of the uniforms, then you're a deputy or a cop. That is if you don't mind getting your training by watching Barney Fife on the Andy Griffith Show!
they could learn a lot from Andy.we will leave Barney out of this!!

• My ignorance is just as good as your knowledge, when my information changes, I alter my conclusions
  • 5k CVO Member
  • monter le cheval de fer (French)
    • NC

• CVO1: 2013 SERK-Dressed in BLUE of course.
    • CVO2: 2002 Supercharged HD F150 512 RWHP
    • CVO3: 1956 BelAir Sports Coupe
« Reply #32 on: January 30, 2012, 09:47:51 AM »

There are good and bad in all walks of life. I try an never judge one based on anothers actions. This comes mainly from being labeled "Biker Trash" years ago. 30 yrs later I ride a CVO, so I'm a RUB. Some things never change!
Most Honda Goldwing riders will blink when hit in the head  with a ball-peen hammer (sans helmet)

Spiderman

• aka Spiderman "guest"
  • 1K CVO Member

• CVO1: 2003 FLHRSEI2
    • CVO2: 2007 FLTR (faux CVO)
« Reply #33 on: March 09, 2012, 03:04:54 PM »

Just happened across this again and saw your post.  I think the facts are pretty clear in this case.  I would be greatly surprised if this cop gets anything more than a hand slap after this is all over.  They're going to drag this out until the public forgets and then let him off really lightly.  My experiences with law enforcement through the years has certainly lowered my opinion of them.  Put it this way, I live in the country and I won't call them for anything that happens out here unless someone would be killed.  They don't care and have no interest in investigating anything, period.  Our county could fire half or more of their department and no one would ever miss them.

Being in law enforcement is at best a tough job. At worst, it sucks royally. Damned if you do, damned if you don't. Now lest anyone think I am a far right leaning supporter of any police action, let me say, I'll wager I've spent more time on the side of the road with a cruiser in front of me and another behind me than the majority of you. No reason to get into the why of that, just accept that I'm speakiing the truth. And yet, for all of that, I have a lot of respect for law enforcement. The good ones even in bad situations treat you with respect for your rights and courtesy. They've learned over the years that acting the asshole, gets you the same in return. And you know, if you just act respectfully toward them, most of the time you can get through whatever the issue is with minimum hassle.
NOW, having said all that, there are bad cops just like there are bad priests and lousy doctors and crappy dentists and so forth. People are people irregardless of what they do for a living. Should I hate every Catholic Priest in the world because a bunch of them were/are pedophiles. That's about where we're at with Muslims and I can't see that our attitude there is getting us anywhere. OK, this is borderline political so l'll stop here. I think y'all get my drift

B B
Pages: 1 2 [3]  All

Page created in 0.136 seconds with 21 queries.