Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4  All

Author Topic: Bike Week Death Toll  (Read 8195 times)

DW6019

• Banned
  • Elite CVO Member
Re: Bike Week Death Toll
« Reply #30 on: March 26, 2006, 03:37:13 PM »

I have been to Daytona the last 10 years straight and a few other times before that. I didn't see the crowd any bigger, or smaller for that matter this year. The weather was great and yes there are a lot of old drivers in Florida, those of us who live here know that. But I do have a few questions. Why does anyone ride w/o a helmet? Why do you see bikers riding at speed side by side? Why do bikers run red lights? Why does anyone take a drink and get on a bike? Why does Daytona HD think I would park my bike in sand? Why does Hubbard post on this page? He rides a regular ole mans bike. Lots of questions, no answers. Life goes on.

UK Dave

• Elite CVO Member
  • Born to be wild - well, for a few days at least
« Reply #31 on: March 26, 2006, 04:42:10 PM »

Why does Hubbard post on this page? He rides a regular ole mans bike.

Dammit, more agesism - why I ought to er.. er..

I suspect Maudie, aka the Hubmobile, would give most youngsters on their 'more sporty' Hogs a run for their (or anybody else's) money.

More respect required here dammit >:(

Cheers

Dave (Heinz in June)
« Last Edit: March 26, 2006, 04:48:12 PM by UK_Dave »
If you're not living on the edge - you're taking up too much room!

spydglide

• 10K CVO Member
  • spyder-psychle
« Reply #32 on: March 26, 2006, 04:58:43 PM »

Dammit, more agesism - why I ought to er.. er..

I suspect Maudie, aka the Hubmobile, would give most youngsters on their 'more sporty' Hogs a run for their (or anybody else's) money.

More respect required here dammit >:(

Cheers

Dave ([highlight]Heinz in June[/highlight])
Dave, I'm not only old, I'm apparently 'dense' too........don't understand the Heinz in June?????   [smiley=nixweiss.gif] How 'bout a little 'splaining' for a ole 'daim-bramaged' dude?  [smiley=drink.gif] spyder
2004 FLHTCSE Cobalt 'Huckleberry'  .....94K+mi.     &  1994 FLSTN 'OleGranny' .....116K+mi.

HUBBARD

• 2.5K CVO Member
  • FLHTCUSE7
    • WV

« Reply #33 on: March 26, 2006, 06:21:50 PM »

I have been to Daytona the last 10 years straight and a few other times before that. I didn't see the crowd any bigger, or smaller for that matter this year. The weather was great and yes there are a lot of old drivers in Florida, those of us who live here know that. But I do have a few questions. Why does anyone ride w/o a helmet? Why do you see bikers riding at speed side by side? Why do bikers run red lights? Why does anyone take a drink and get on a bike? Why does Daytona HD think I would park my bike in sand?[highlight] Why does [/highlight][highlight]Hubbard post on this page? He rides a regular ole mans bike.[/highlight] Lots of questions, no answers. Life goes on.

I beg your pardon?  
2012 FLHTCUSE7  (Electric Orange/Black)  Built Motor (124), D&D "Borzilla" Exhaust, Tilley/K&N Air Induction,
"National President"-"Hillbilly Rocket Riders", MC, Mother Chapter, WV
"National President"-"W.H.O.R.E", TPT, WV Chapter

spydglide

• 10K CVO Member
  • spyder-psychle
« Reply #34 on: March 26, 2006, 07:15:29 PM »

I have been to Daytona the last 10 years straight and a few other times before that. I didn't see the crowd any bigger, or smaller for that matter this year. The weather was great and yes there are a lot of old drivers in [highlight]Florida, those of us who live here know that[/highlight]. But I do have a few questions. Why does anyone ride w/o a helmet? Why do you see bikers riding at speed side by side? Why do bikers run red lights? Why does anyone take a drink and get on a bike? Why does Daytona HD think I would park my bike in sand? Why does Hubbard post on this page? He rides a regular ole mans bike. Lots of questions, no answers. Life goes on.
Remember, a hugh majority of the reported deaths were local Floridians.  Not sure what that means, but it was the great majority of the deaths.    [smiley=nixweiss.gif] spyder
2004 FLHTCSE Cobalt 'Huckleberry'  .....94K+mi.     &  1994 FLSTN 'OleGranny' .....116K+mi.

spydglide

• 10K CVO Member
  • spyder-psychle
« Reply #35 on: March 26, 2006, 07:16:59 PM »

I beg your pardon?

BLM777

• 1K CVO Member
  • Who says 110's won't run? SofA 777

• CVO1: FXSTSSE3 Black Diamond/Emerald Ice
« Reply #36 on: March 26, 2006, 08:07:32 PM »

Let me see if I can help with your questions....

I have been to Daytona the last 10 years straight and a few other times before that. I didn't see the crowd any bigger, or smaller for that matter this year. The weather was great and yes there are a lot of old drivers in Florida, those of us who live here know that. But I do have a few questions. [highlight]Why does anyone ride w/o a helmet?[/highlight] BECAUSE WE CAN.
« Last Edit: March 27, 2006, 05:26:57 AM by BLM777 »

DW6019

• Banned
  • Elite CVO Member
« Reply #37 on: March 26, 2006, 09:22:34 PM »

NO pardon hubbard, you ride a regular bike, no matter much it means to you. Why don't you post on a regular HD page somewhere, I know they exist.
Last time I looked this was a CVO page, not a HD ultra classic page.

naitram

• SMF Administrator
  • 10K CVO Member
    • MA

• CVO1: FLTRXSE2 "Marvin"
« Reply #38 on: March 26, 2006, 09:26:49 PM »

last i checked, HUBBARD rides with other CVO owners. i dont recall owning a CVO beign a requisite to being a member here, i think i would have remebered making up a rule like that
:cool26: naitram...

"I reject your reality and substitute my own."
"Work is the curse of the drinking class."

SE_ULTRA

• Senior CVO Member
  • CAUTION: Extreamly shinny. WEAR EYE PROTECTION
« Reply #39 on: March 26, 2006, 11:38:35 PM »

NO pardon hubbard, you ride a regular bike, no matter much it means to you. Why don't you post on a regular HD page somewhere, I know they exist.

One of the best things I have found about CVO riders is the class. They come from all walks of life and ride all different rides, and do it wil class and style. I remember when I found this site, months before taking delivery of my CVO and I was welcomed. The insite I gained was helpfull to me as I prepared to get my first CVO. When it finally sat in my garage I was proud, proud to own a CVO and proud to be in the company of such great people. I am so glad none of them were like you, I might have rethought the purchase. You sir, are an a$$.

Hubbard, let's roll!
2006 FLHTCUSE
TrueDuals, 6-Speed, Stage-1, Race Tuner, High Flow
...and a shiny little bell

VaEagle

• 2.5K CVO Member
    • VA

• CVO1: 06 FLHTCUSE Autumn Haze -SOLD
    • CVO2: 09 FLTRSE3 Orange- sold
    • CVO3: Who knows what?
« Reply #40 on: March 27, 2006, 12:11:10 AM »

Hey DW6019,
I think you should relax and read some of Hubbard's posts.He has more experience and knowledge than many of the folks who own CVOs on this site or off of it. He also has a loyal group of friends who support him and know he is not B.S.ing anyone.
I have not met him face to face but I would be proud to call him a friend and would ride with him anyday.(Although I probably could not keep up with him) [smiley=huepfenlol2.gif]
As far as who is allowed on this site I think that is the site owner's job to make that call and if he doesn't have a problem with it neither should the other members who are on this site at the whim of the site owner too. 8-)
I think all bikers need to support each other and learn from each other.If we subdivide it will be easier to pass helmet laws,EPA regs and other stuff on us because we think it doesn't affect us.
If Eliteism is important to you maybe a BMW would be a better choice of bike?[smiley=nixweiss.gif] (Some features of their bikes are nice too )[smiley=huepfenlol2.gif]
We all should take pride in what we ride but why degrade someone else to try and make yourself feel good about your choice?
DW6019 I wish you many happy and safe miles on your CVO and I hope you have loyal friends to ride with reguardless of what they ride.

P.S. Jock sorry to read about the loss of your friend and his wife.It's definately a reminder of how short and fragile life really is. :'(
« Last Edit: March 27, 2006, 12:24:55 AM by VaEagle »

mdduce

• Junior CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG
« Reply #41 on: March 27, 2006, 01:12:55 AM »

Im a newbee as they call it and i think this site is the best thing i have ever ran across,I DOUGHT ONE FOOL WILL CARRY MUCH WEIGHT WITH SUCH AN IGNORANT STATEMENT,ABOUT ONE OF OUR OWN PROBABLY MOST DOG GONE GOOD GUYS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  PS That's just a thought,CAUSE i didn,t know i was not worthy without a CVO,SURE GLAD I DIDN,T FIND THIS SITE PRE CVO WOOOOOOOOOO!  HA HA.

UK Dave

• Elite CVO Member
  • Born to be wild - well, for a few days at least
« Reply #42 on: March 27, 2006, 06:20:57 AM »

Dave, I'm not only old, I'm apparently 'dense' too........don't understand the Heinz in June?????
If you're not living on the edge - you're taking up too much room!

spydglide

• 10K CVO Member
  • spyder-psychle
« Reply #43 on: March 27, 2006, 07:44:53 AM »

Heinz - "57 varieties" (you do have Heinz tinned food - don't you??)

This is from their website -

What is the significance of "57"?

HUBBARD

• 2.5K CVO Member
  • FLHTCUSE7
    • WV

« Reply #44 on: March 27, 2006, 09:38:37 PM »

Yeah, 'er 'uh, DW6019,
  As the Man said, I'm in.  I'll remain, too.  Don't know about you, though.  HUBBARD  

2012 FLHTCUSE7  (Electric Orange/Black)  Built Motor (124), D&D "Borzilla" Exhaust, Tilley/K&N Air Induction,
"National President"-"Hillbilly Rocket Riders", MC, Mother Chapter, WV
"National President"-"W.H.O.R.E", TPT, WV Chapter
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4  All

Page created in 0.172 seconds with 21 queries.