Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3]  All

Author Topic: Former Fullsac Performance employee Killed in MC accident on 4 of July.  (Read 7928 times)

Skillet

• 2.5K CVO Member

• CVO1: 2011 FLHXSE2
    • CVO2: 2008 FLHR Road King
    • CVO3: 1980 FXB Sturgis

Steve,
Really sorry to hear of the loss of your friend in such a tragic way. Praying for the family and those injured.

Fullsac Performance

• Vendor
  • 1K CVO Member
  • Never ride with a Halfsac! Insist on Fullsac Perf!
    • AZ

• Fullsac Performance

Thanks everyone for your kind replies, I truly appreciate it.
In making this post, I certainly didn't expect any sympathy's for Dale or excuses for his lack of judgment.
I made this post in anger of my friends death from his poor riding habits after warning him countless times to lay back and relax when passing slower traffic.
The point is, I was really wanting to share a story of consequences. The reality of how fast our fun day of riding can change in to a tragedy in the blink of an eye.
Cammy and I just returned home a 1500 mile 3 day rain filled ride through Colorado's Million dollar highway. We left just 48 hours after my friends death.
Like Dale, I ride with a high degree of self confidence. 43 years of riding with out a major injury or incident will do that to you. I rarely think of something tragic
happening to us while we ride miles from home. I can honestly say, this trip was a little different for both of us. I layed back behind traffic even when I had
plenty of room to pass. I was really patient in setting up to pass when I did. Bad things can happen when you least expect it. Life is to short already.

Please everyone, ride safely.

SG
« Last Edit: July 09, 2012, 01:28:40 PM by Fullsac Perf »
Steve@fullsac.com  www.fullsac.com
Never argue with idiots. They will beat you with experience.

SneakyPete

• 1K CVO Member
  • AKA FGL
    • VA

• CVO1: 2004 SEEG O/B- RIP
    • CVO2: 2009 SERG3 O/B
    • CVO3: 2014 SERK6 O/B

Thanks everyone for your kind replies, I truly appreciate it.
In making this post, I certainly didn't expect any sympathy's for Dale or excuses for his lack of judgment.
I made this post in anger of my friends death from his poor riding habits after warning him countless times to lay back and relax when passing slower traffic.
The point is, I was really wanting to share a story of consequences. The reality of how fast our fun day of riding can change in to a tragedy in the blink of an eye.
Cammy and I just returned home a 1500 mile 3 day rain filled ride through Colorado's Million dollar highway. We left just 48 hours after my friends death.
Like Dale, I ride with a high degree of self confidence. 43 years of riding with out a major injury or incident will do that to you. I rarely think of something tragic
happening to us while we ride miles from home. I can honestly say, this trip was a little different for both of us. I layed back behind traffic even when I had
plenty of room to pass. I was really patient in setting up to pass traffic this trip. Bad things can happen when you least expect it.

Please everyone, ride safely.

SG

Well said Steve, we must all THINK before we act.
Member Hillbilly Rocket Riders MC, Virginia THE FASTEST CHAPTER!

Gettinold

• 5k CVO Member
  • SOMEWHERE NORTH OF HEAVEN WHERE EAGLES DONT FLY

Sorry for your the loss of your good friend Steve and hope the others involved will be ok.
Good to here you and Cammy finally made your your Million Dollar Hwy trip! If my memory is right didn't you have a misfortune on the first attempt, like a oil pan damaged or something in that line? Anyway don't get caught riding without your Sac!!!!
       Dave.  :2vrolijk_21:
09 FLTRSE3   ORG & BLK
06 VRSCSE2    ORG & BLK
04 FLHTCSE   ORG & BLK    SOLD
94 FXSTS      CUSTOM

Fullsac Performance

• Vendor
  • 1K CVO Member
    • AZ

• Fullsac Performance

Sorry for your the loss of your good friend Steve and hope the others involved will be ok.
Good to here you and Cammy finally made your your Million Dollar Hwy trip! If my memory is right didn't you have a misfortune on the first attempt, like a oil pan damaged or something in that line? Anyway don't get caught riding without your Sac!!!!
       Dave.  :2vrolijk_21:
Thanks Dave!
Ya, last trip went a little sideways. Here's a pic taken Friday afternoon the 6th with a rare moment of no rain. Molas summit, Colorado. real close to 11000 ft. just outside of Silverton.
Havasu to Silverton, 618 miles. our first day.

Steve

Cvostu

• 5k CVO Member

• CVO1: 2023 Whiskey Neat road glide custom
    • CVO2: 2019 Mako Shark Fade road glide custom

Steve,,, glad to see you still were able to make your trip. I was kind of hard on that guy.  Just me thinking outloud.  Please post up some more pics if you have.   Would love to see you both with smiles on your faces somehow.  plus that scenery isn't hard to look at either.  :2vrolijk_21:

Fullsac Performance

• Vendor
  • 1K CVO Member
    • AZ

• Fullsac Performance

Steve,,, glad to see you still were able to make your trip. I was kind of hard on that guy.  Just me thinking outloud.  Please post up some more pics if you have.   Would love to see you both with smiles on your faces somehow.  plus that scenery isn't hard to look at either.  :2vrolijk_21:

Believe me, no body was harder on Dale than I was. I always expected to witness his final moment and have to make the calls myself. Although he never owned a Harley, he was
all biker with more than a dozen 1000 mile days under his belt. Had 150K on his last Goldwing before he turned it into a pile of broken plastic. Had he owned a Harley, maybe it would have saved
his life by encouraging a calmer riding style. Maybe not. Lol.   RIP Dale

Steve

« Last Edit: July 09, 2012, 09:15:03 PM by Fullsac Perf »

happyman

• Senior CVO Member
  • I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

Tom.  Are you kidding me.  No.  I don't drive like some crazy person for the thrill of it.  Period.  Yes there are others to think about.  Plus I enjoy living. That to me is just pure selfishness.  We have to pay for his craziness.  No.  I don't agree this time.  
so thats why you have the biggest motor Harley puts in a bike huh..    cause you never break the law.

YELLOWBIRD

• Elite CVO Member
    • VA

• CVO1: 2009 CVO ROADGLIDE

Sorry Steve for your lost! God Bless his family.

Best,

YELLOWBIRD
2009 SCREAMIN' EAGLE CVO ROAD GLIDE FLTRSE3 117" PRO RACE
(1 OF ONLY 369 US) "LAST YEAR OF THE HAND BUILT"

Robmay

• 2.5K CVO Member

so thats why you have the biggest motor Harley puts in a bike huh..    cause you never break the law.

I understand your post, but just because someone has the biggest engine Harley puts in a bike, doesn't mean they are a speed demon. I bet there are plenty here that ride within the law most of the time.

Stu - I completely understand where you were coming from, but I am sure Dale wasn't out to put anyone in harms way that or any other day.

For him to live wild and free and make it to 65 sounds like success to me.

R.I.P. Dale.

Cvostu

• 5k CVO Member

• CVO1: 2023 Whiskey Neat road glide custom
    • CVO2: 2019 Mako Shark Fade road glide custom

I hear ya loud n clear Rob :2vrolijk_21:

Grey Ghost

• Full CVO Member
  • Fullsac "C" x-pipe, 2" baffles, TTS, Monotubes

• CVO1: 2003 Dyna Wide Glide (non CVO)
    • CVO2: 2011 CVO Road Glide Ultra

My condolences to you Steve and your points are well taken. Our choices always seem to catch up with us, one way or another.

After reading the article, I feel badly for the 2 people sent to the local "hospital" in Lewiston. I know way to many people that went in for something relatively minor and either didn't come out of that place at all or came out quite disfigured. But, that is another topic.

Grey Ghost
Someone once said that the key to happiness is a bad memory. For the life of me, I can't remember who said it!!
Pages: 1 2 [3]  All

Page created in 0.161 seconds with 21 queries.