Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3  All

Author Topic: Ohio trooper rear ends couple on motorcycle  (Read 8269 times)

Unbalanced

• FUD Examiner
  • 5k CVO Member

• CVO1: 2011 SESG,
    • CVO2: 2004 SEEG Pumpkin,
    • CVO3: 2002 Police Roadking, Maudie and Maybelle Slayer
Re: Protected by the police
« Reply #15 on: September 13, 2013, 01:44:22 PM »

Watching the video it almost seemed like he was drifting back and forth in the lane as well.   Got to feel for that couple.
HBRR Florida Chapter,  STILL - The Fastest Chapter - Proven yet again Bikeweek 2017

North Georgia Hawg

• HoneyBadger Don't Give a CHIT...
  • 2.5K CVO Member
  • I HATE WINTER!!!

• CVO1: 2012 FLHXSE3 Hot Citrus/Antique Gunstock
    • CVO2: 2009 Chevy Avalanche LTZ Inferno Orange
    • CVO3: 2001 Ebbtide Mystique 2300: 8-ch 2000 watt audio system, two 12" Kicker subs
« Reply #16 on: September 13, 2013, 01:58:19 PM »

Watching the video it almost seemed like he was drifting back and forth in the lane as well.   Got to feel for that couple.

He WAS weaving... it's right there on the video. He may have been nodding off. He apparently did not even see the motorcycle. I wonder if they administered any toxicology tests at the scene.

I am really sorry for the riders, and I hope they fully recover.

Ken

HoneyBadger Don't Care...

TD AK-20s | Drago's S/C/S-4 | SE 259Es | Feuling 8015/7060/Rods | Black Ops Lifters
Cometics | Big Sucker 2 | Energy One +1 Clutch Pack | Hayden BT07 | ClutchWIZ
WPW Fans | TL P7 LEDs/Aux | Dynamic Ringz | Tour Pak | WO 575s | RT 665
Corbin DualTour | BAH Flush Front Axle | Chrome Calipers
The Wizard's Tune

FLHTCUSE7

« Reply #17 on: September 13, 2013, 02:36:42 PM »

He could be texting  :nixweiss:

ridefar

• Senior CVO Member
  • I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
Re: Ohio trooper rear ends couple on motorcycle
« Reply #18 on: September 13, 2013, 02:46:06 PM »

Massive distractions in LE vehicles these days, laptop offset in passenger seat as well as the radio chatter. Throw in the personal cell phone and wonder how anybody has any attention left to safely operate the vehicle. Lost a pretty young female trooper a couple years back around here. She crossed the center line in the troop car on a curve on a bright sunny day head on into a loaded dump truck. Took awhile for the cause to come out, guess what? Texting on the cell phone, what a waste.

grc

• 10K CVO Member
  • AKA Grouchy Old Fart
    • IN

• CVO1: 2005 SEEG2
« Reply #19 on: September 13, 2013, 03:21:50 PM »

I have to wonder about this LEO when he seems to be more concerned with the front end of his cruiser than he does with the health and welfare of the two innocent civilians he just ran down.  Sadly, he won't be the one to eventually pay the price in the lawsuit I imagine will be filed as we sit here typing.  The taxpayers will get that privilege.

Jerry
Jerry - 2005 Cherry SEEG  -  Member # 1155

H-D and me  -  a classic love / hate relationship.  Current score:  love 40, hate 50, bewildered 10.

dahsen

• Elite CVO Member
    • QC

• CVO1: 2014 CVO Breakout Sedona Sand
« Reply #20 on: September 13, 2013, 04:52:41 PM »

Ouch...

And what about the speed ?  It appears to be a huge speed difference between the patrol car and the motorcyclists.  Was the bike going that slow, or was it the trooper going above the speed limit ??

I feel the pain for the poor couple...

North Georgia Hawg

• HoneyBadger Don't Give a CHIT...
  • 2.5K CVO Member
  • I HATE WINTER!!!

• CVO1: 2012 FLHXSE3 Hot Citrus/Antique Gunstock
    • CVO2: 2009 Chevy Avalanche LTZ Inferno Orange
    • CVO3: 2001 Ebbtide Mystique 2300: 8-ch 2000 watt audio system, two 12" Kicker subs
« Reply #21 on: September 13, 2013, 05:28:11 PM »

If the officer was texting, the cell phone records will show that. And if he was, and it's determined that caused the accident, then he should lose his job and be put in prison.

The police are the LAST people who should be breaking the law... much less getting away with breaking it and injuring other innocent drivers.

This really pisses me off.

Ken

HoneyBadger Don't Care...

TD AK-20s | Drago's S/C/S-4 | SE 259Es | Feuling 8015/7060/Rods | Black Ops Lifters
Cometics | Big Sucker 2 | Energy One +1 Clutch Pack | Hayden BT07 | ClutchWIZ
WPW Fans | TL P7 LEDs/Aux | Dynamic Ringz | Tour Pak | WO 575s | RT 665
Corbin DualTour | BAH Flush Front Axle | Chrome Calipers
The Wizard's Tune

hogasm

« Reply #22 on: September 14, 2013, 07:29:35 AM »

Looks like the trooper was all over the road before the incident. I'd vote texting

Rooster

• 5k CVO Member
  • FLhtcuse2.ORG
« Reply #23 on: September 14, 2013, 11:56:10 AM »

Wonder if he said, I didn't see them

lowflight

• Senior CVO Member
    • AZ

• CVO1: 2013 SERG
« Reply #24 on: September 14, 2013, 04:03:43 PM »

That just makes you sick! Most of the LEO cars are so loaded up with gear it is certainly possible he was using some of the on board computer or other official gear that leads to distractions. Not trying to justify anything, just saying….

charles05663

• 1K CVO Member
    • TX

• CVO1: FLTRSE3 - Petunia
« Reply #25 on: September 16, 2013, 11:30:16 AM »

Here are the Ohio state law on texting:

http://codes.ohio.gov/orc/4511.204

It is a shame that these don't apply to Police Officers Law Enforcement Officers.

If they place computers in their cars then there should be an automatic shutoff if the vehicle is moving.

:oops: :nixweiss:
And he saith unto them, Follow me, and I will make you fishers of men.
Matthew 4:19

http://www.thefishermenministry.net/

Q:  What is the USA's number one export to China?
A:  Trash!  They loved our high quality trash. (not any longer).

Stolen technology and Jobs!

lowflight

• Senior CVO Member
    • AZ

« Reply #26 on: September 16, 2013, 10:55:57 PM »

I totally agree not only in Police Cars but in ALL vehicles!

grc

• 10K CVO Member
  • AKA Grouchy Old Fart
    • IN

• CVO1: 2005 SEEG2
« Reply #27 on: September 18, 2013, 12:03:40 PM »

Here are the Ohio state law on texting:

http://codes.ohio.gov/orc/4511.204

It is a shame that these don't apply to Police Officers Law Enforcement Officers.

If they place computers in their cars then there should be an automatic shutoff if the vehicle is moving.

:oops: :nixweiss:

Eventually I predict that both the vehicle manufacturer's and the device manufacturer's will be required to block signals to electronic devices like phones and computers when the vehicle is moving.  Anyone with a tenth of a brain understands that just passing state and local laws telling people not to text or talk on the phone while driving is a waste of legislative effort.  When the carnage becomes too high for the insurance companies to tolerate, they will be the ones to force the issue, just as they have on crash test requirements.  We are running out of ways to protect morons in cars from themselves, and now we need to start protecting their victims instead.  All the airbags and structural improvements in todays cars and trucks don't do a thing for the innocent folks these idiots run over every day, but they seem to make todays drivers think they are invincible so they don't care.  I for one am getting damned sick and tired of the whole thing.

Jerry
« Last Edit: September 18, 2013, 01:41:57 PM by grc »
Jerry - 2005 Cherry SEEG  -  Member # 1155

H-D and me  -  a classic love / hate relationship.  Current score:  love 40, hate 50, bewildered 10.

SmokeyJoe

• 2012 RGC CVO
  • Elite CVO Member
    • MS

• CVO1: 2012 Road Glide
« Reply #28 on: September 18, 2013, 12:13:50 PM »

I have to wonder about this LEO when he seems to be more concerned with the front end of his cruiser than he does with the health and welfare of the two innocent civilians he just ran down.  Sadly, he won't be the one to eventually pay the price in the lawsuit I imagine will be filed as we sit here typing.  The taxpayers will get that privilege.

Jerry

Exactly what i was thinking.
FuelMotos exhaust and tuning, Ohlins Front/Rear

lowflight

• Senior CVO Member
    • AZ

« Reply #29 on: September 18, 2013, 04:02:50 PM »

Eventually I predict that both the vehicle manufacturer's and the device manufacturer's will be required to block signals to electronic devices like phones and computers when the vehicle is moving.  Anyone with a tenth of a brain understands that just passing state and local laws telling people not to text or talk on the phone while driving is a waste of legislative effort.  When the carnage becomes too high for the insurance companies to tolerate, they will be the ones to force the issue, just as they have on crash test requirements.  We are running out of ways to protect morons in cars from themselves, and now we need to start protecting their victims instead.  All the airbags and structural improvements in todays cars and trucks don't do a thing for the innocent folks these idiots run over every day, but they seem to make todays drivers think they are invincible so they don't care.  I for one am getting damned sick and tired of the whole thing.

Jerry

Well said! I know that after a Fatal accident a few years ago where a friend was killed on his bike by a texting cager my riding enjoyments and style have been forever changed.
Pages: 1 [2] 3  All

Page created in 0.164 seconds with 21 queries.