Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Skully Helmet Outfitted With Heads-Up Display, GPS and Rear-View Camera - Video  (Read 9934 times)

RedMoon

• Full CVO Member

• CVO1: 2012 FLSTSE 3
    • CVO2: 2013 FXSBSE

owl893

• Elite CVO Member

• CVO1: 2011 FLHXSE2 Autumn Haze

the Tech is remarkable, and I do use my GPS when touring, so I can see using it on a long trip, but I wonder if this is the experience many of us are looking for when we throw a leg over for a day ride.  Of course the price may very well determine the eventual popularity of this product.

OWL
1961 DUO GLIDE, 1979 FLH, 1999 FXDWG, 2001 FXSTS, 2003 FLHRCI, 2004 FLSTCI, 2005 FLHT, 2006 FLHXI, 2011 FLHXSE2

Harley88

• Harley 88
  • Senior CVO Member
    • NV

• CVO1: 07 blue
    • CVO2: 13 sliver

Very Cool :2vrolijk_21:

• My ignorance is just as good as your knowledge, when my information changes, I alter my conclusions
  • 5k CVO Member
  • monter le cheval de fer (French)
    • NC

• CVO1: 2013 SERK-Dressed in BLUE of course.
    • CVO2: 2002 Supercharged HD F150 512 RWHP
    • CVO3: 1956 BelAir Sports Coupe

Not me!! I ride to hear the sounds, feel the road & see the sites. When riders aren't watching the road and anticipating actions it could be bad. You know someone is going to make a bypass so you can watch a movie or play a video game. Might as well be in my wifes Lexus
Most Honda Goldwing riders will blink when hit in the head  with a ball-peen hammer (sans helmet)

Charlie

• 1K CVO Member
  • Blood Diamond, FLSTES3

• CVO1: FLSTSE3 - CVO Softail Convertible, 2012
    • CVO2: HD Custom Softail Heritage (Sold)
    • CVO3: BSA Rocket Gold Star 1963 (In Storage!) Ducati 1098 s (Sold) 999 (Sold) 916 (Sold) 916 (Crashed) 749 (Sold) Lots of Jap Racing Bikes!

Not me!! I ride to hear the sounds, feel the road & see the sites. When riders aren't watching the road and anticipating actions it could be bad. You know someone is going to make a bypass so you can watch a movie or play a video game. Might as well be in my wifes Lexus
X2
Better to Reign in Hell than serve in Heaven!
Rinehart Crossback Exhaust-SEPST-HD Mustache Engine Guards-HD Flush Fuel Caps-RSD Clarity Cam Cover-RSD Clarity Derby Cover-WPW Cooling Fans-PM Merc Horn Cover-UsKoolines HP XS Ignition Leads-HD Black Daymaker Headlight-HD Premium Oil Cooler-HD Smoked Billet Turn Signals-SE VPC-SE Cam Plate-Arlen Ness Oil Pressure Gauge-Braided Fuel Crossover

Chains

• 5k CVO Member
  • 2006 FLHTCUSE
    • FL

X2

X3 I would end up dead looking at the camera. :nervous:
2009 FLHTCUSE
12 inch Monkey bars
Stage one kit
Fullsac SS titanium coated DX dual pipe
Kuryakyn 4 inch Mellow Crushers
Color Matched Bushtec Turbo 2
1st Active member of the CVO Critter Gawkers Society

D-N-D

• 5k CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG
    • PA

• CVO1: 2020 FLHTKSE Limited / Moonlight Blue & Deep Sea Blue

Thats neat !! No Way Not Me !!!
DND

ultrarider123

Gotta say it's interesting teknawligy but not for me.  I liked what this reviewer had to say on the link:
     "Technology is fantastic! For most of us, the purpose of riding a motorcycle is to get away from it all. This helmet is now allowing you to bring all the same distractions as if you were driving a car. Always having someone barking in your ear, the phone calls, the weather updates, the radio stations,the rearview camera etc."

...and all that distraction right in your face.  But as with all things, some folks will swear by it while others hate it. 
I don't hate it, just not something I would be interested in using. 

Hey, I still don't have a GPS.....I prefer to wander aimlessly..... ;D

cambo

• 1K CVO Member

• CVO1: 2013 CVO Breakout
    • CVO2: 2015 Ultra Limited

Hey, I still don't have a GPS.....I prefer to wander aimlessly..... ;D
x2,

I get on the bike, and unless I am following a riding buddy, I end up where I end up, then I head on back.

Oh, and I love technology, made a living as an IT person, have written iPhone apps, and bought one of the first GPS's out there...for my car. But I ride the bike to run away from it all.

Cam

BaggerProud

• Full CVO Member

• CVO1: 2005 FLHTCSE2 banana
    • CVO2: 1994 FXSTC
    • CVO3: 1983 XLX

Oh HELL NO!!! I can appreciate the technology of it but ...... I figure the only time I'ld want one of these things is when I'm in the coffin hearse being pulled behind my bike on the way to the grave. I figure that's the only time I'll need to be sure of where I'm headin'!! :bananarock:

murphy

• Vendor
  • 2.5K CVO Member

Not sure why all the "no's"???

What's the difference between this and some of the tec we already have, we almost all have gps that runs through the bike speakers, many sync their phones as well.

As for the screen being too much of a distraction, I just saw it as a bonus addition to the constant checking of mirrors for the circle of safety.

I think it would be much safer to have the added ability to be able to catch some knob baring down on you via your perefrial vision via the inside screen... how many times has a situation like that caught you by surprise?

Maybe it's just me....  :nixweiss:

cambo

• 1K CVO Member

• CVO1: 2013 CVO Breakout
    • CVO2: 2015 Ultra Limited

Not sure why all the "no's"???

What's the difference between this and some of the tec we already have, we almost all have gps that runs through the bike speakers, many sync their phones as well.

As for the screen being too much of a distraction, I just saw it as a bonus addition to the constant checking of mirrors for the circle of safety.

I think it would be much safer to have the added ability to be able to catch some knob baring down on you via your perefrial vision via the inside screen... how many times has a situation like that caught you by surprise?

Maybe it's just me....  :nixweiss:

It's a no for me as a personal preference, though I do appreciate the technology behind making this happen. Also,  as I ride a softail, the only tech I have on my bike is the electronic speedometer! So I truly ride techless. :)

Cam

FlaHeatWave

• 1K CVO Member

• CVO1: '01 FXDWG2 RED 103 6sp
    • CVO2: '05 FLHTCSE2 CHERRY
    • CVO3: '09 FLTRSE3 YELLOW 117/DD7

This summer "The Ball & Chain" and I took our first trip with the Shark Evoline 3s and the Cardo Scala Q3 Teamsets. We really enjoyed the Bluetooth music, intercom, nav instructions and some phone calls off of my i5 / Lifeproof case in the Kuryaykn bracket on the left handlebar. Very convenient, and don't have the added expense of a dedicated nav unit or iPod (I do have the iPod though)
I'll never go on a trip without it!

I would probably be a player on this new technology Skully helmet after the bugs are worked out, depending on the price.

Hell, you can always turn it off...

« Last Edit: January 03, 2014, 03:20:41 PM by FlaHeatWave »
"I've read dozens of books about heros and crooks, and learned much from both of their styles"

sineater

• CVO1: 2014 FXSBSE

A very nice Touring Helmet. Will cost $ if true Heads Up Display with "Blink Click".

Phantom309

• 2014 Ultra Limited
  • Elite CVO Member
    • PA

• CVO1: 2005 SEEG- light/dark Candy Cherry-sold

Edgar Snyder will LOVE this new toy, it will probably put him in Bill Gates territory. Insurance companies will hate it for all the claims they have to pay on injuries and/or deaths. Modern technology is fascinating, but at the same time stuff like this has no place on the road. Does this new helmet also include hook-ups for my Playstation too??!!

Nobody's life is so precious all these new-found gadgets need to be used while operating a motor vehicle of any kind. I ride my bike to unwind and try to enjoy myself, but it's getting harder to do that these days with everyone playing with their gadgets instead of driving ... we don't need anymore toys on the road.

2014 Ultra Limited*Daytona Blue Pearl
MODS
V&H 2-1 Pro Pipe
V&H FP3 Fuelpak

Page created in 0.192 seconds with 21 queries.